Yes – I will say it.

I am not a big fan of veggies.

Never have been. Recently I have been preparing them different ways, as suggested by many people to help me LEARN to like them. I have found a few ways, and this perhaps is one of the simplest. I love using these roasted veggies in so many different ways: wraps, salads, pizzas, quesadillas – and I use multiple veggies. My favorite is roasted broccoli – the natural sweetness comes out and combined with the crispy-ness, it is delish. I also tend to use peppers, eggplant, zucchini, onions, squash, and cauliflower.

Today I used broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, and sweet potatoes.

IMG_0657

Once I chop all the veggies, I like to slice a shallot and sprinkle it around the veggies. Shallots are GREAT. A little sweet, the perfect size – they give a perfect hint of flavor to these veggies. Sometimes I also mince some garlic and sprinkle it around as well.

IMG_0658

Once my veggies are on the pan, I drizzle or mist olive oil. In my case – I MIST. If not, the olive oil seems to disappear quite quickly.

I have no idea why.

Swear it isn’t me. My hubs must be sneaking it.

After misting, add some salt & pepper, and a touch of cinnamon in this case for the sweet potatoes. Sometimes I like to use smoked paprika. Ever try smoked paprika?? If not, go buy it immediately. You are missing out!

IMG_0663      IMG_0662

Veggies PRE-ROAST:

IMG_0664

Veggies POST-ROAST:

IMG_0665

IMG_0666

You can also sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the them once they come out of the oven.

Heaven.

Totally simple, savory, and with a touch of sweetness!

9 Responses to “Simple. Savory. Sweet.”

Mellissa — September 16, 2009 @ 2:12 am

Try some lemon zest or orange zest on top of cauliflower or broccoli.

peanutbutterfingers — September 16, 2009 @ 4:31 pm

oooh sweet potatoes look yummy!!! i still haven’t tried roasted broccoli – you’ve inspired me to give it a go!

bluestocking — September 17, 2009 @ 4:58 pm

Roasted veggies are amazing! We cut the cauliflower head into 1/4 inch slices, rather than into florets, toss it with olive oil and roast that way. It turns out a bit different than florets do. Oh, and I so have the same problem if I try to drizzle the oil while the veggies are on the pan! Heh, I usually just toss in a bowl first. Might try the spritzy thing though.

Alicia — September 18, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

I love veggies like this!! Im cooking dinner tonight for the bf, and decided to do the broccoli like this too. Just found your site =)!

• JHunt — September 17th, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

That sounds like a good idea too! I will give it a shot! Thanks for the idea.

cake recipe indian style — March 19, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

yummy…… thanks for the points , i’d adore to comply with your weblog as usually as i can.have a wonderful day~~

5.1
    JHunt — September 16, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

You gotta try! So yummy! And this is coming from someone who has never liked broccoli!

5.1
    JHunt — September 18, 2009 @ 9:46 pm

I LOVE veggies like this!!

1. Pingback: Hello, World | fouetté