Update your readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Many of the appetizers I have posted have been pretty darn simple. And quick. This one takes the cake, though.

Speaking of past appetizers, have you missed any?

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Fresh Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Bacon

Baked Brie with Cranberry, Pancetta, and Spiced Pecans

Fruit Salsa

Cinnamon Sugared Roasted Almonds

Firecracker Shrimp

Bruschetta

It doesn’t get much simpler than these olives and gorgonzola. And it is super classy, impressive, and deliciously mouth-watering.

I buy a container of seasoned, pitted olives.

IMG_2533

IMG_2532

After eating my weight in olives, I stuff a few with crumbled gorgonzola for the hungry guests.

So thoughtful, I know.

These are always crowd pleasers. The soft, creamy gorgonzola combined with the salty olive makes for the perfect combination.

This appetizer is also a nice size – guests can thoroughly enjoy them without stuffing themselves before the main course.

IMG_2534

Gorgonzola Stuffed Olives

1 container large, seasoned, pitted olives

3-4 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola

Make sure all pits are out of olives. Fill the olive opening with one large or a few small gorgonzola crumbles.

Serve with crackers, cheese and fresh bread.

IMG_2535

Check out these juicy olives.

They also make for a quick, healthy snack. See how small they are? It’s all about portion control, peeps. :)

IMG_2536

Enjoy!

(And make sure to save some for your guests.)

Are you making this a December to Remember? Eat some of these Oreo Balls and you may have to. :)

Please update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

28 Responses to “Holiday Appetizers 101: Gorgonzola Stuffed Olives.”

kay (eating machine) — November 30, 2009 @ 2:26 pm

god i love olives.
    my niece can say 4 words: mama, dada, ball (baaaa!), and olive (ah-wiv). she can help me make these at christmas.
    because my fiance won’t eat them. how is a baby less picky than a grown man?

Sara — November 30, 2009 @ 2:28 pm

How yummy! I usually make stuffed black olives with pepperoni! I think the buffalo chicken dip still takes the cake though… tough choices.

Rose — November 30, 2009 @ 2:33 pm

I don’t like olives, but these look delicious – and I must make them for friends.

Ameena — November 30, 2009 @ 2:35 pm

Another great one is gorgonzola stuffed dates. Super delicious and easy!

Melinda — November 30, 2009 @ 2:50 pm

Oh yes, so yum. I want these right now. I have olives, but no gorgonzola.

Crystal — November 30, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

My mouth literally started to water while reading this. You wanna know what’s suuuuuuper yummy? Bleu cheese-stuffed olives in a dirty martini…oh my…Cheesecake Factory. Ultimate martini. Try it today. DEEEEEEEE-VINE.

• Jessica — November 30th, 2009 @ 3:35 pm

I’m in for the martinis!

• Crystal — November 30th, 2009 @ 3:39 pm

Let me know when you try one (notice how I’m not saying “if”). Haha, they’re beyond awesome!

Mr. P — November 30, 2009 @ 3:27 pm

I bet they taste sublime.

I’ll shake the martinis. You make these. Deal?

VeggieGirl — November 30, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

Classic!

The Candid RD — November 30, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

Thi sis BY FAR my favorite post of yours. Can I telly ou how obsessed with olives I am? Literally, since I was a little girl, my relatives are sure to purchase a jar of olives before I come. IN fact, this Thanksgiving my uncle was sure to have both black and green olives out on the table when I arrived. What a treat. And, the cheese stuffed ones are even better, I’m salivating form those pics!

Eric — November 30, 2009 @ 6:08 pm

Hey Jessica,

If you love dirty martinis. I’d love to send you a sample of my company’s product.

Dirty Sue – The Worlds Best Olive Juice
    Let me know.
    Eric
    et1969@mac.com
    dirtysue.com

Erica — November 30, 2009 @ 6:36 pm

Your guests are certainly spoiled with some of the BEST appetizers! Delicious.

Isn’t it funny that they name squash multiple things? I think they named it buttercup to make it sound more lovely. I enjoyed it but I like Acorn better

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — November 30, 2009 @ 6:56 pm

so simple, so delicious!!! I love olives esp if they are stuffed with cheese!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 30, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

Hey Girl thanks for the CPT info and yeah, if I could find one that was holistic in nature, more hippy, less meathead, I’d be all over it :)

Hope you’re having a lovely nite with those lovely olives you just made :)

Light Delight with TouTou — November 30, 2009 @ 7:15 pm

Oh yah! finally olives!! my favorite ! and I’m not sure there would be ANY left for my guest …. he he he

++MIRA++ — November 30, 2009 @ 8:46 pm

yumm..i love olives and gorgonzola. will most def try this. if you put yogurt in a cheese cloth and let the way come out, it becomes like a creamy consistancy and it goes great with olives and mint!

Joanna Sutter — December 1, 2009 @ 5:15 am

Isn’t it funny how the easiest things to make are often the most impressive thing on the table?!

RhodeyGirl — December 1, 2009 @ 6:15 am

I LOVE olives but not so much the gorgonzola… but I KNOW my husband and friends/family would love these! So simple yet perfect! Love it!

And thanks for your very nice compliment on my tree. You don’t know how much it means to me! My tree is very important to me!!! :D

Paige (running around normal) — December 1, 2009 @ 6:23 am

Thsoe look delicious! What a great appetizer that would make.

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — December 1, 2009 @ 6:40 am

You are too cute! Olives rule! ;)

Meg @ Be Fit Be Full — December 1, 2009 @ 7:03 am

Cheese + Olives = heaven
    So good!

brandi — December 1, 2009 @ 7:08 am

so easy! I love olives because they always look pretty, you know?

Low — December 1, 2009 @ 7:31 am

All these yummy appetizers make me wish I had enough space to entertain more often!

wilfred — March 20, 2010 @ 8:56 am
    Jackie — July 7, 2010 @ 6:06 am

another idea…stuff the olives with cloves of roasted garlic
    AMAZING
    and everyone has to eat one because no one should be left out from having the bad garlic breath ;)

erin rae — April 23, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

I put them in my martinis

1. Pingback: Menu: Girl’s Night In. | How Sweet It Is