Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Looking for my HIIT workout? You can also find some extra bootcamp workouts as well.

I’ve been listening to Christmas music for well over 2 weeks now. It makes me so joyful. I love listening to the music that my parents always listened to as we were growing up. It would play in the house a few days before Christmas, and especially the morning of Christmas day. Ones we frequently listened to (and that I also listen to, since I am an old fart), would be Barry Manilow, Amy Grant, Jim Brickman, Kenny G, and the likes.

Of course to my list I’ve added a bunch more, like my sexay luva Michael Buble and Sarah MaLachlin. Also – my first true love, James Taylor. And come on, I know some of you love the N’SYNC Christmas CD like I do. I never even liked N’SYNC, but that CD is unbeatable.

My new favorite Christmas CD that I got last year? Kristen Chenoweth. It is GREAT! Please go out and get it, because even my husband loves it.

This morning began with some protein pancakes, pumpkin-chocolate chip style.

IMG_2228

Wednesday is normally an off day, so I didn’t workout today. Instead, I came home, ripped apart one of our Christmas tree’s I had already decorated, and let my good friend Barb use her amazing skills to help me out re-decorating. Our family room (where one tree is) has alot of green, tan and light blue tones, along with some burnt orange.

I put some of these beauties inside the tree.

IMG_2229

They may look red in this picture, but they are the most gorgeous shade of burnt, sparkly orange. I wish you all could come over and see them.

We topped the same tree with this sparkly knick-knack.

IMG_2241

My husband just loves it.

And we decorated the foyer with some of these.

IMG_2230

I love Christmas. I am only about 1/48th of the way finished with decorating, but it is completely worth it.

We splurged on a bit of pizza for dinner.

IMG_2242

And for dessert, had chocolate sheet cake that I made from The Pioneer Woman’s cookbook

IMG_2234

IMG_2235

It is so chocolate-y and fabulous. I hope you all give it a try.

‘Twas a great day.

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week. I hope it’s speedy. :)

It is now time to crawl under the sheets where my husband is already asleep. I hope he doesn’t smell like rotten eggs.

22 Responses to “It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas.”

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 18, 2009 @ 10:10 pm

Chocolate cookie sheet cake. No. You. Didn’t. OMG!!!!!!!!! I need that now. As I cruise and clean out my g’reader, a choc cake would be a great addition, marvelous work!

katie — November 18, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

this post made me so giddy for christmas!! and gota love pizza.. im gona have to check out that pancake recipie!

kay (eating machine) — November 18, 2009 @ 10:50 pm

they’re putting up a christmas tree lot just down the street from us.
    the fiance has already started telling me i can only have one tree.
    i don’t see why he would limit me like that. i want christmas to throw up all over our house.

Shelley — November 18, 2009 @ 11:58 pm

i don’t celebrate christmas but i still love it & i love holiday music!! it is the best :)

xoxo
    shelley

Joanna Sutter — November 19, 2009 @ 4:53 am

You are darling! I haven’t been bit by the Christmas spirit yet…in fact, I still have Halloween decor up. I’m thinking next week I’ll be ready for all the fa-la-la!

Merry Christmas!

Kaytee — November 19, 2009 @ 5:21 am

I just realized, when reading this, my boyfriend’s apartment (where I will be living for Christmas 2010) doesn’t have room for multiple Christmas trees… or even ONE Christmas tree. Oh no. We’re going to have to relocate.

I love the burnt orange flowers… and isn’t that sheet cake divine? It was the first PW recipe I ever made.

carolinebee — November 19, 2009 @ 5:22 am

Yayyyy christmas :D My mom is shipping me out a ton of xmas stuff i am SO excited!!! I wish I could see you decor in it’s full glory, it sounds awesome, and yes kristen Chenowith is amazing!! Did u see her on glee?? Good stuff…

Amy J in SC — November 19, 2009 @ 5:32 am

You’ve got a good jump on things. I haven’t even started. Maybe this weekend.

Yummy looking pancakes!

Mellissa — November 19, 2009 @ 6:27 am

I am totally laughing at this post, I am the complete opposite. I do not own one single Christmas decoration. Maybe I need an intervention ;)

Kristie Lynn — November 19, 2009 @ 6:43 am

Michael Buble + James Taylor + Josh Groban + Sufjan Stevens (seriously amazing, and definitely different from those first three) + Barenaked Ladies (you need some goof thrown in) Christmas CD’s = a very, very happy Kristie. :-D

Rebecca @ Durch Dick und Duenn — November 19, 2009 @ 6:44 am

thanks for the music recomendations!

i try to add one new CD every year and Barry Manilow is definately one of my fave CD’s! Starbucks released a great one a few years back too!

Julie @savvyeats — November 19, 2009 @ 6:51 am

How did I not know that Kristin Chenoweth had a Christmas CD?!? Love her!

katherine — November 19, 2009 @ 7:29 am

You’ve totally inspired me to find a bunch of Christmas music :)

Maria — November 19, 2009 @ 8:00 am

I love Ree’s new book. I haven’t tried the cake yet though. I love Christmas music AFTER Thanksgiving..ha!

Jenny — November 19, 2009 @ 10:29 am

I love Kristen Chenowith! I have no idea how a voice that big comes out of somebody that teeny tiny.

I LOVE Christmas decorating. I try to keep mine a little more toned down(LOVE the poinsettias, btw!) because when I go home…well, let’s just say that my step-dad collects snowman themed ANYTHING. And counts down to Christmas from 12:00 a.m. on December 26th. My home looks like ABC Family Channel Christmas programming barfed in there.

Chrysta — November 19, 2009 @ 10:37 am

Im so excited about starting to decorate for the holidays. Always makes the place look so festive. I hate to say it but I love listening to Mariah Careys christmas cd while decorating. Ive always done it since I was little and it just kinda stuck with me. Ha! Its all day event for me! The cake picture looks super tasty too!! Beautiful pointsettas! I’ll have to look for the Kristen Chenoweth cd too! Thanks for the recommendation!

Rebecca — November 19, 2009 @ 11:03 am

Ok, I think we were best friends in another life. Seriously, ‘NSYNC AND Christmas decorating and music many weeks before the actual season AND Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes in the SAME POST?! You’ve got to be kidding me (and I mean that in the BEST of ways!)!!!!!!!

Ps, just found your blog, enjoying it immensely. :)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — November 19, 2009 @ 11:29 am

omg those pancakes look SO GOOD!

i love the Nsync xmas cd and I don’t even celebrate xmas!!

Evan Thomas — November 19, 2009 @ 11:52 am

I enjoy the oldies when it comes to christmas songs, too

The Candid RD — November 19, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

hmmm..which one looks better? The pizza or the chocolate sheet cake?! They both make my mouth water.

You are the total opposite of me when it comes to Christmas decorating. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays, but I refuse to start celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving, it’s just not me to do it before. I did buy some Christmas ale though…that doesn’t count :) I hope you post some pics of all your decorations!

Jessica — November 19, 2009 @ 1:05 pm

Love PW’s chocolate sheet cake. Yummy! Love your blog too!

Low — November 19, 2009 @ 3:03 pm

That sheet cake sounds amazing! Reminds me of my childhood!