Oreo Balls.

Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Remember the pumpkin spice balls dipped in chocolate? They are the offspring of these Oreo balls.

If you’ve never had Oreo balls before, they can be described as ‘cake-like,’ truffles, or the-best-thing-you’ve-ever-eaten-in-the-entire-world.

Not only do they taste incredible, but they are SO EASY. All you need is a package of Oreos and one block of cream cheese. How simple is that?

I use my large food processor for this one, and mix the Oreos into crumbs first. You get less Oreo chunks this way. But it’s not like oreo chunks are a bad thing.

IMG_2494

IMG_2495

I cut the cream cheese into chunks before adding it. It just mixes more easily.

IMG_2496

Once the Oreos have warped into crumbs, I add the cream cheese chunks and let the food processor go to town.

IMG_2497

IMG_2499

It creates an Oreo ‘dough.’

IMG_2501

This dough is

1. easily eaten in one sitting

2. easily pliable to rolls into balls.

I would advise using Option 2 if you’d like to please others. Use Option 1 if you’d like to to buy a new wardrobe.

After I roll them into balls, I pop them in the freezer for an hour or so.

IMG_2502

I melt some chocolate in a double boiler and dip the Oreo balls in.

IMG_2520

I have also dipped them in peanut butter and white chocolate. The white chocolate is always very popular, and the peanut butter is just fantastic.

Once they are dipped, I throw into the freezer again. They are so good when they are cold.

Some I decorate after they freeze (the red icing) and others I decorate right after dipping them in chocolate (the peppermint pieces). Others I don’t decorate at all because I consume them like I’ve never seen food before.

IMG_2524

Oreo Balls

1 package regular Oreos

1-8oz block of cream cheese, softened

In a food processor, mix Oreos until they become crumbs. Add cream cheese in chunks and process until you have a dough. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet. Set in the freezer or refrigerator to harden for 1-2 hours.

Once Oreo balls are set, dip in melted chocolate – chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, etc. Add any decoration on top.

Store in the freezer and serve cold.

IMG_2525

IMG_2527

These are great to take to a party and can be made rather quickly. If you love Oreos, you also most likely have all of the ingredients in your house!

IMG_2530

IMG_2531

If, like me, you have eaten way too many Oreo balls in your past, join my December to Remember Challenge. It’s a sure-fire way to work off those truffles. :)

Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

104 Responses to “Oreo Balls.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 29, 2009 @ 5:49 pm

I love Oreo Balls! I made them for the first time for a DC Dietitian meeting… Yes, you read that correctly! We RD’s know how to eat :) Everyone loved them!

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — November 29, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

oh my gosssssh. i have to make these for my fiance. he’s an oreo addict.

Nicci@NiftyEats — November 29, 2009 @ 5:58 pm

I love oreo balls, I learned to make some last year!

Scorpio Woman — November 29, 2009 @ 6:09 pm

wow this is a great recipe :) Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) — November 29, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? If only I had oreo’s right now….. :(

Meghan@traveleatlove — November 29, 2009 @ 6:30 pm

Oh.my.goodness. Those look like the easiest and most decadent dessert ever. I love cream cheese.

Roberta — November 29, 2009 @ 6:41 pm

Oh Wow…Hey Jessica…I’m coming up to Pittsburgh next week to see my son and lovely daughter in-law and we will have to try these Oreo balls out…sound yummy. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I’ve been busy packing because we are moving by the end of Jan. and have not had enough time to blog or cook. So looking forward to seeing my “baby”…lol Take care, Roberta

Kelly from Bridges and Bites — November 29, 2009 @ 6:43 pm

My husband loves oreos. He’ll demand I make these if he sees this!!!!!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — November 29, 2009 @ 6:52 pm

These look so good! Did you know, oreos are vegan? Guess I have no excuse not to make these with some soy cream cheese. :)

April — November 29, 2009 @ 7:09 pm

I’ve made these before. So easy and so yummy!

Shannon @ bakeandbloom.com — November 29, 2009 @ 7:30 pm

ooh is the red stuff on top all glittery or am I just imagining things?

• Jessica — November 29th, 2009 @ 7:46 pm

It is glittery!! I love it!

Erica — November 29, 2009 @ 7:39 pm

ow- these would be fun for a cookie exchange! Simple but tasty=I love it!

Evan Thomas — November 29, 2009 @ 7:43 pm

Those sound so fun and festive! You have me thinking I could whip up mint newman-O’s and a white chocolate peppermint coating for a qucik Christmas Eve dessert :-)

• Jessica — November 29th, 2009 @ 7:46 pm

I think you definitely could.

Shelley — November 29, 2009 @ 7:58 pm

i dont know what to say except, omgg those look amazing

Holly — November 29, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

GENIUS. GENIUS. GENIUS. i dont think these oreo balls would stand a chance at frosting…i would be eating that batter sooo fast!

Midwest Mommy — November 29, 2009 @ 8:34 pm

Wow, those sound awesome!!

sophia — November 29, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

Oh my goodness! Those things are DARK and INTENSE! They look SO good…and they’re made with oreos? Cool-eo! (ok, that was lame)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 29, 2009 @ 11:20 pm

Girl. It is a damn shame I HAVE to be GF. I cannot cheat on that one or major allergic reactions happen. So oreos are out. But. These look amazing. So simple too. That’s the beauty. NICE WORK, Jessica :)

goodieswassa — November 30, 2009 @ 12:23 am

your oreo balls will be on our family’s snack tomorrow for sure!!!!– so simple and i bet it will be so delicious … Thank you :)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — November 30, 2009 @ 3:20 am

so easy! and so delicious! they would make the perfect dessert for a dinner party you can just grab and go :) and enjoyyyyyy

I wonder what it would taste like with white chocolate covering them?!?!

• Jessica — November 30th, 2009 @ 5:10 am

They are SO good with white chocolate!!

Cara (Cara Craves...) — November 30, 2009 @ 4:52 am

Oh la la …I saw I very similar recipe to this in Kraft magazine, but yours look a lot better.

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — November 30, 2009 @ 5:05 am

I will need your 25 day challenge if I keep eating what you’re dishing out! ;-)

BTW, you’re only eating 3 times a day? Plus a snack if you need it? Did I read that right? I would starve to death!

• Jessica — November 30th, 2009 @ 5:10 am

No way girl! I eat 6-8 times a day! :)

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — November 30, 2009 @ 6:09 am

Those look amazing! I cannot let my husband know that these, or he will be eating them for all of his meals!

Abbys Vegan Eats — November 30, 2009 @ 6:13 am

These look super decadent (uh spelling?!?). Perfect for the holidays!! :)

Sylvie — November 30, 2009 @ 6:30 am

These look better than cake balls….if that is at all possible!

megan — November 30, 2009 @ 6:40 am

I love these! They’ll definitely be part of my 12 days of Christmas (Cookies) segment! I made them with my mom this weekend :) We make mint ones as well, which are AMAZING

• Jessica — November 30th, 2009 @ 6:42 am

I bet they’d be incredible with mint!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — November 30, 2009 @ 6:56 am

Oh my gosh, I haven’t seen Oreo Balls in such a long time. Great reminder to whip these up- so yummy!

Morgan — November 30, 2009 @ 7:30 am

So amazing looking. I want those now!

Amanda — November 30, 2009 @ 7:37 am

Amazing. Truly. I am slightly upset you have revealed this recipe to me though. I might be the one getting a new wardrobe! ;)

Blessings-
    Amanda

Julie — November 30, 2009 @ 7:44 am

Oh. My. God. Those look amazing.
    Thanks for the comment, btw :) I have tried the pumpkin yogurt and I love it!

Elizabeth — November 30, 2009 @ 7:54 am

I love these… they are so easy! I like to make another truffle as well (usually green tea truffles) and package one of each in a little bag as little gifts!

Seth @ Boy Meets Food — November 30, 2009 @ 8:02 am

Oh Jessica, I think you are just determined to keep me from working off the extra weight I have picked up recently. :( Those look incredible. Thanks for sharing.

tra — November 30, 2009 @ 8:05 am

i eat burpees for BREAKFAST!

yay for burpees!
    and oreo balls! =D

Yum Yucky — November 30, 2009 @ 8:27 am

Oh no you didn’t! I can’t believe you made such a concoction. I am in shock. For real.

Kristie Lynn — November 30, 2009 @ 8:45 am

Okay, this is officially an easy to make vegan recipe and I am so making it! YUUMMMMM :)

Paige (running around normal) — November 30, 2009 @ 9:17 am

Oreo balls/ truffles are my faaaavorite! Love them!
    The icing designs you made are super cute. Love the red!

Melinda — November 30, 2009 @ 9:24 am

Oh my, those look divine. I need to get me some oreos so I can try this out.

Missy Maintains — November 30, 2009 @ 10:50 am

They look delicious! I am seriously in love with anything Oreo or cookies n cream! They would be dangerous in my house though!

Nicole (dishin') — November 30, 2009 @ 10:59 am

Oh yum! Oreos, cream cheese and chocolate? How can you go wrong? :)

Chrysta — November 30, 2009 @ 12:22 pm

oh my goodness! these sound amazing!

Kelly B. — November 30, 2009 @ 12:45 pm

Oh my goodness…this looks amazing! I might be in oreo heaven! Thanks for posting!!!

Sara — November 30, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

These and the other white chocolate balls you posted (w/pumpkin, yes?) would be the perfect holiday gifts for the peeps around the office. Easy, yet gorgeous and decadent!

Maria — November 30, 2009 @ 1:14 pm

These are always a huge hit! My brother LOVES them!

kate — November 30, 2009 @ 2:49 pm

oh my. this is trouble.

Mr. P — November 30, 2009 @ 3:32 pm

What a brilliant idea! Truffles… From Oreos. It’s trashy glamour. And I love it!

• Jessica — November 30th, 2009 @ 3:34 pm

Ohmigosh that is the perfect way to describe them!

katie — November 30, 2009 @ 6:06 pm

fuh-reaking YUMMMMM!

Kelly — November 30, 2009 @ 8:38 pm

ross renamed these “sex in your mouth.” thought i should share :)

Karla — November 30, 2009 @ 10:03 pm

Woah! I’ve never seen Oreo balls before! They look amazing and easy to make!

Jillian — December 1, 2009 @ 9:38 am

oh, yeah! These are tasty little bites! :)

Brooke — December 1, 2009 @ 7:04 pm

We love these. Have you tried them with the mint oreos. they are even better! Almost like a thin mint girl scout cookie. You do have to play with the ratio a little b/c the mint ones are double stuffed.

1. Pingback: Friday Trivia #7. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Cookie Dough Truffles. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Holiday Baking. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Vanilla Oreo Balls. | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Give Me Bananas » Blog Archive » Cookies Galore - A blog about bananas, chocolate, tea and other important things in life.

6. Pingback: Baked Out! « Okay, Kaye?

7. Pingback: Happy New Year! « Foodologie

8. Pingback: FAITH, FITNESS, FUN » Blog Archive » Frazzled Friday

9. Pingback: My Thanksgiving Contribution. | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: This is Getting Ridiculous… | See Layne…

11. Pingback: Balls to the Wall. | How Sweet It Is

12. Pingback: An Oreo Ball Adventure | Life of bLyss

13. Pingback: Christmas Baking Time – 2011 edition – Warm Vanilla Sugar

14. Pingback: All day affair. « My hungry hungry husband

15. Pingback: Oreo Truffles | Becky Cooks

16. Pingback: Recipe Review {Party Edition} | The Heart of Life

17. Pingback: SuperBowl 47: Brother v. Brother/Sister v. Sister | The Quick and Dirty Dirty

18. Pingback: Dunked! Two more Christmas Treats: Oreo Balls and Peanut Butter Balls « Okay, Kaye?

19. Pingback: What Are You Baking For The Holiday Season? | pinmeplease