Oreo Balls.

Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Remember the pumpkin spice balls dipped in chocolate? They are the offspring of these Oreo balls.

If you’ve never had Oreo balls before, they can be described as ‘cake-like,’ truffles, or the-best-thing-you’ve-ever-eaten-in-the-entire-world.

Not only do they taste incredible, but they are SO EASY. All you need is a package of Oreos and one block of cream cheese. How simple is that?

I use my large food processor for this one, and mix the Oreos into crumbs first. You get less Oreo chunks this way. But it’s not like oreo chunks are a bad thing.

IMG_2494

IMG_2495

I cut the cream cheese into chunks before adding it. It just mixes more easily.

IMG_2496

Once the Oreos have warped into crumbs, I add the cream cheese chunks and let the food processor go to town.

IMG_2497

IMG_2499

It creates an Oreo ‘dough.’

IMG_2501

This dough is

1. easily eaten in one sitting

2. easily pliable to rolls into balls.

I would advise using Option 2 if you’d like to please others. Use Option 1 if you’d like to to buy a new wardrobe.

After I roll them into balls, I pop them in the freezer for an hour or so.

IMG_2502

I melt some chocolate in a double boiler and dip the Oreo balls in.

IMG_2520

I have also dipped them in peanut butter and white chocolate. The white chocolate is always very popular, and the peanut butter is just fantastic.

Once they are dipped, I throw into the freezer again. They are so good when they are cold.

Some I decorate after they freeze (the red icing) and others I decorate right after dipping them in chocolate (the peppermint pieces). Others I don’t decorate at all because I consume them like I’ve never seen food before.

IMG_2524

Oreo Balls

1 package regular Oreos

1-8oz block of cream cheese, softened

In a food processor, mix Oreos until they become crumbs. Add cream cheese in chunks and process until you have a dough. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet. Set in the freezer or refrigerator to harden for 1-2 hours.

Once Oreo balls are set, dip in melted chocolate – chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, etc. Add any decoration on top.

Store in the freezer and serve cold.

IMG_2525

IMG_2527

These are great to take to a party and can be made rather quickly. If you love Oreos, you also most likely have all of the ingredients in your house!

IMG_2530

IMG_2531

If, like me, you have eaten way too many Oreo balls in your past, join my December to Remember Challenge. It’s a sure-fire way to work off those truffles. :)

Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

103 Responses to “Oreo Balls.”

martha boswell — December 3, 2009 @ 7:45 am

I make these, but I also dip them in the Wilton candy chip things. We do red and green at christmas. Yellow and blue at Easter. Green and orange and purple at Halloween. and so on…you catch my drift…

Also, for dipping chocolate or bark or candy chips–invest in the Wilton Chocolate Pro Melting Pot. It is a super time saver and incredibly easy to clean up! It is totally worth the $20 I paid for it. It has a switch for ‘melt’ and one for ‘warm’. You will love it and will want to dip everything ;-)

PS I don’t work for Wilton or know anyone that does. It is just EASY!

Teresa — December 3, 2009 @ 10:48 am

“In accordance with this 30 day challenge, I’ll also be posting 25 days of workouts! ”
    Are Oreo Balls part of the workout? Just kidding, I love oreo balls!

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — December 4, 2009 @ 10:19 am

these are officially on my “to make” list for a cookie exchange i’m going to on dec. 20. i’ll take pics for ya!

Jackie @ TriToLose — December 4, 2009 @ 6:37 pm

I love making Oreo balls. They’re really good with the mint oreos or the peanut butter ones. Yum! :)

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — December 17, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

I’m so glad I remembered these – I just remembered I have to make something for work tomorrow! Do you think they will be ok without dipping them in chocolate? Or will they not be as good….?

Nicola — November 28, 2010 @ 12:55 am

These look soooo good!! Omg. I will have to make these

Stacy — December 12, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

Have you tried these with mint oreos? I have some and am thinking I may need to test them out…

Kay — December 14, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

Okay, I am going to be brave and try these but I wanted to know how you coat them with peanut butter. Do you melt the peanut butter and it just hardens as it cools? Please advise….I need help! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Victoria — December 20, 2010 @ 5:58 am

I’ve made these twice for two different holiday events, and everyone has loved them! Though the cookie dough balls are great, these are simply amazing. I also like the idea of dipping them in Wilton colored chocolate for the holidays- there’s still time! :)

One guy even asked me to make them for his son’s birthday party in March!

These are delicious. Thanks so much!

Molly — December 21, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

I have been making these for years! they are the best, and so very easy! and everyone loves them!

Becci — January 22, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

Ok so I just made these along with your snickerdoodle recipe and they both turned out amazingly!
    Couldn’t stop eating the oreo ball mixture out the bowl. Good job my boyfriend doesn’t like cream cheese (or any cheese for that matter) cos then I don’t have to share :p
    Thank you!

Becci — January 24, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

Also just had a thought.. I liked the idea of covering them in peanut butter. But what could also be very, very good is mixing peanut butter with icing sugar so its easy to mold.. make quite small balls of the peanut butter mixture then put the oreo balls over the top so there’s a peanut butter surprise in the middle. yum!

• Jessica — January 24th, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Excellent idea!

Heath Graw — March 3, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

Resources like the one you Nike Dunks mentioned the following will probably be quite helpful to myself! I will post one of the links to this page in my blog. More than likely my visitors will find that very helpful.

VelazquezJackie29 — March 5, 2011 @ 9:36 am

Houses are not very cheap and not everybody is able to buy it. However, loans was invented to help different people in such situations.

Elan — July 2, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Ok, how do you do the peanut butter coating? Cause coated in chocolate these are amazing, so I must make them again. And do you have any tips for getting them off the fork without having to drizzle chocolate on them to fill the gash I made pushing the ball off? Either way these taste so decadent!

Chantillylace — August 19, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

I make these with mint oreos and dip them in melted white almond bark. They are AMAZING! They taste like the mint girl scout cookes but moist and better! Oh, and for some reason the mint never requires as much cream cheese as regular oreos.

Jenni — November 30, 2011 @ 11:43 am

I do these and they’re great, but we like NUTTER BUTTER BALLS even better! Same principle, but use Nutter Butters and coat with milk chocolate. YUM!

Elizabeth — December 4, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

Hey there! Just coming over from Pinterest… Could someone please tell me how many this makes?

Sarah — February 7, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

Has anyone ever made these and sent them to someone in the mail?

• Terri — November 19th, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

That is what I am wondering. Does anyone know if these can be mailed?

Marissa — May 21, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

I made these for school yesterday and have previously made them before. Is there any way to make them without cream cheese or any dairy? One of my old teachers hates cream cheese, and the other is lactose intolerant. They both love chocolate and they never get any when I make them.

Sarah — October 17, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

My boyfriend’s mother makes them with mint oreos… the most delicious thing in the world. Not too minty!

Christina — November 24, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

Can these be made ahead of time and frozen?

• Jessica — November 24th, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

Definitely! They stay great for… months, actually.

Brittany — December 13, 2012 @ 9:32 am

About how many balls does this recipe make?

• Nicola — December 21st, 2012 @ 3:16 am

I get approx 24 out of it

Deanna — December 8, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Try them at room temperature…… Even tastier! Surefire crowdpleaser, and so easy.