Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Thanks for playin’ the latest installment of Friday Trivia! The answers were:

1. Commonly known as chalk, though limestone, marble and antacids are accepted, too.

2. Nelson

3. Cricket

Those who qualified this round are:

Stephanie

Arica

Evan

Alison

Peggy

Art Good

Diana

If I missed you, or anyone else, please let me know! There are 2 more chances to qualify and win Martha’s cookie book.

Remember a few weeks ago when I made this cheesecake? I actually used it as a ‘practice’ cheesecake, so I could make this one using PAMA pomagranate liqueur.

If you have not tried PAMA, you should. It makes a great cocktail. I love it with lime juice and club soda. I may have finished off the bottle. Ooops.

My hubby pick PAMA up a few weeks ago for me.

IMG_2027

IMG_2028

It is delicious. Did I already say that?

I made a chocolate crumb crust, using my mini food processor. Just one of the many things I love it for.

IMG_2029

IMG_2030

The obligatory butter shot. This one may be my favorite. Though it does resemble the butter that my brother ate off the counter when he was 4.

IMG_2031

I pressed the crust up the side of the springform pan, because we all know how much I love my oreo crust.

IMG_2035

Last time my cheesecake cracked like crazy. My Aunt Lisa suggested mixing it on the lowest speed just until the ingredients were incorporated. That is what I did, and it worked!

IMG_2037

IMG_2038

No cracks this time. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before adding the chocolate ganache. I must have been too busy finishing off the PAMA.  But, it worked!

I wanted to garnish the cheesecake with some pomagrante arils.

IMG_2039

I had tried them a few years ago, and I really wasn’t a fan.

I’m not sure if my tastebuds have changed, but I LOVE pomagranates now. I almost ate this entire one before using it. I loved the tart, yet sweet juice and the crunchy seeds.

IMG_2040

I wonder if I can stock up on pomagranates to last me the entire winter?

IMG_2041

I added a ‘truffle’ topping to the cheesecake.

I made a chocolate ganache using Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips. Into the double boiler they went.

IMG_2074

IMG_2082

IMG_2086

I definitely underestimated how amazing the taste of dark chocolate + pomagranate would be. I normally do not even like dark chocolate. I don’t care about the health benefits. Give me some milk chocolate.

I’ll get my antioxidants in other forms. Like wine.

I took the chocolate off of the heat and add some heavy cream and PAMA.

IMG_2087

IMG_2088

Blurry pictures? I think my camera is on it’s last leg. This is not good. My money needs to be spent on other things! Like shoes.

Christms gifts for myself my family.

Dazzleglass.

Bacon.

Expensive cheese.

I topped the cheesecake with a fresh whipped cream. I just love it. Can’t do desserts without it.

IMG_2102

And threw some arils on there for a nice crunch.

IMG_2113

IMG_2114

PAMA Truffle Cheesecake

25 Oreo cookies

3/4 stick of butter

3 8-oz blocks softened cream cheese

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

3 tablespoons flour

1/4 cup PAMA

1 cup dark chocolate chips

2 cups heavy cream cup heavy cream

1/4 cup pomagrante arils (seed)

Preheat oven to 350.

Crush oreos in a bag or food processor into crumbs. Melt butter in a micowave safe dish. Combine crumbs and butter, pressing into a spring form pan to create a crust. Refrigerate.

In an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix on low speed until just incorporated. Add in 2 tablespoons PAMA liqueur and mix on low speed. Add in flour and mix until combined. Pour into springform pan and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or edges are until golden brown. When finished baking, let cool.

To make chocolate ganache, add chocolate chips to a double boiler. Once melted, remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and the remaining PAMA liqueur. Stir until smooth.

Once cheesecake is cooled, add chocolate ganache on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Add remaining heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to electric mixer. Beat at high speed until whipped cream forms. Spread on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate for another 2 hours.

Sprinkle pomagrante arils on top of cheesecake for garnish.

IMG_2115

Starting next week (I think), you will be able to vote for the most delicious recipe using PAMA on their facebook page.  If you like this recipe, please vote for it. I’m pretty sure you can vote each day.

IMG_2116

Become a How Sweet fan on Facebook!

How Sweet is on Twitter. Follow me. :)

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Still not receiving updates since I switched domains? Update your reader here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

30 Responses to “PAMA Truffle Cheesecake”

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — November 14, 2009 @ 8:14 am

Baking rockstar… looks lovely as usual!! Esp. those pom seeds (err arils!) lol. Have a great Saturday!

Evan Thomas — November 14, 2009 @ 8:29 am

Using the arils for a garnish makes it look so fresh and delicious

Barbara — November 14, 2009 @ 9:12 am

Divine looking cheesecake! Not one layer I wouldn’t adore. And then to top it with those gorgeous pom arils and their vivid color! Excellent post!

Melinda — November 14, 2009 @ 9:17 am

That looks awesome. gotta give that a try. Hush hush I smuggled some PAMA with me when I moved overseas. I love it with lemonade (I get the light kind) as a cocktail!

VeggieGirl — November 14, 2009 @ 9:24 am

Mmm, mmm!!

Erica — November 14, 2009 @ 9:33 am

the layering on this looks awesome! I think my family is going to wish I brought something more like this to dinner haha ;)

Kelly from Bridges and Bites — November 14, 2009 @ 10:44 am

You don’t like dark chocolate?!?! I’m the exactly opposite. I will eat milk chocolate, but I don’t really care for it at all. And I like my chocolate super super dark — like 82%!!!!

Meghan@traveleatlove — November 14, 2009 @ 11:20 am

What a gorgeous and decadent dessert!!! Hehe I used to eat butter when I was little too. Gross ;)

The Candid RD — November 14, 2009 @ 11:34 am

Oh wow, what an amazing creation! Nick’s sister makes some really awesome cheesecakes around the holiday time. I’ll take some pictures to share with everyone. I LOVE cheesecake! It’s one of those things I used to hate as a kid, what was I thinking?!

• Jessica — November 14th, 2009 @ 11:36 am

I used to think it was gross, too. Prob because we associated it with ‘cheese’ only. Good thing we came around. :)

TheKitchenWitch — November 14, 2009 @ 12:18 pm

You did a wonderful job! It looks amazing! I could never make anything like that, so kudos!

One Healthy Apple — November 14, 2009 @ 12:21 pm

Wow- such a beautiful presentation. I don’t think I could survive with this in my house with all the willpower in the world! You are such a baking talent, seriously!

Scorpio Woman — November 14, 2009 @ 1:24 pm

Great recipe with PAMA. I love PAMA and cheesecake. It is surely yummy :)

Amanda — November 14, 2009 @ 1:26 pm

Um, can you email me and tell me the exact time you will be updating your blog for the next Friday round of questions so that I can get entered to win that AMAZING prize??? (just kidding)

AHHHH! I want it!

LOVE that cheesecake BTW!

Blessings-
    Amanda

kay (eating machine) — November 14, 2009 @ 1:33 pm

mmm pom + booze is fantastic. i stare at that pama stuff in the liquor store all the time.
    we had a thing with making drinks wtih pom + vodka in college. they had really klassy names i probably shouldn’t litter someone’s site with.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 14, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

holy crap that looks decadent
    slab o dairy, gluten, and lard served up on a pretty platter and GIRL I WANT SOME!!!!!!!!!
    but i can’t, sigh. I am thrilled to comment on your blog as you pointed out on mine, even if i cant eat it b/c i can totally apprciate good chef-manship and you’ve got it goin on!

and the Pama. I got some too. It’s still sitting in my cupboard. I think i am reserving it for a shot after being with a 2 yr old alone. Mommy’s Help Tonic. LOL

Jenny — November 14, 2009 @ 6:39 pm

It’s stuff like this that makes me miss chocolate. I think i’ll have to console myself with a PAMA cocktail. Yes, that’s the ticket!

Jenny — November 14, 2009 @ 6:41 pm

And I cannot look at a cheesecake without hearing the “Golden Girls” theme song. Is that weird??

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 14, 2009 @ 7:40 pm

Wow Jessica! That looks great! You should market it to the Cheesecake Factory!

Katie — November 14, 2009 @ 7:44 pm

Gorgeous food and pictures! Looks amaaazing. I think I need to learn to prettify my food, but I usually am too impatient to eat it!

Light Delight with TouTou — November 14, 2009 @ 8:18 pm

I am amazed!! such a fancy-beauty!!! I seriously think that slice is way too small!!! :-)

Lady Mystery — November 15, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

The end result is beautiful. Really looking delicious.

Melinda — November 15, 2009 @ 2:26 pm

Wow, that is one gorgeous cheesecake! I love the idea of pomengranate arils as toppings :D

Barbara Bakes — November 15, 2009 @ 3:25 pm

What a beautiful dessert! I love the contrasting colors!

Nicole — November 15, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

Your cheesecake is GORGEOUS! WOW!

I also rediscovered pomegranates and love them…i don’t love getting all the arils out – but it is worth it!!

Shannon @ bakeandbloom.com — November 15, 2009 @ 6:38 pm

that the heck is PAMA? New things frighten me.
    You know I have never used pomegranate in anything sweet, I always just use it in lamb salads & that kind of thing, crazy huh?

diana(mymarblerye) — November 16, 2009 @ 10:40 am

can you fedex all your goodies to me so i can try them out? thanks. ;)

Seth @ Boy Meets Food — November 16, 2009 @ 11:11 am

Must’ve been a cheesecake kinda weekend. I made a peanut butter cup cheesecake on Saturday. I’ll post it soon.

Looks great! I just bought my first pomegranate the other day. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I’ve had the POM juice, but never tasted the actual fruit. We’ll see how it goes…

Shari — February 13, 2010 @ 4:49 am

I am going to make this today for an early Valentine’s Dinner we are having with friends tonight. Thanks for sharing, I’ll let you know how it goes.

1. Pingback: Sometimes I get these weird urges… « Color Hungry