I spent last night and the majority of the morning making some goodies for today and the holiday weekend.

I made vanilla bean cupcakes:

IMG_2443

Chocolate fudge cupcakes with bailey’s frosting (got this idea from Gina):

IMG_2444

IMG_2442

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with marshmallows:

IMG_2452

And pumpkin spice balls, covered in milk chocolate instead of white.

IMG_2446

I am now off to make Maria’s apple galette.

Oh, and on a serious note, do you think I have enough powdered sugar?

IMG_2437

I waited until the last minute to begin baking last night. I was sure I had canned pumpkin in my pantry. Wouldn’t you think it was somewhere in there?

IMG_2453

Luckily my mom came through and had 3 cans. Good thing she taught me how to hoard items.

One good thing came out of the no-pumpkin-left-grocery-trip last night. I bought this cheesy bread, because I just didn’t think I’d get enough cheese, bread and carbs this weekend.

IMG_2438

It is incredible, and even better with butter and eggs.

IMG_2439

I made sure to get a workout in this morning, so I can eat 6 bowls of mashed potatoes instead of 5 and not gain an ounce.

20 minutes on the arc trainer

20 minutes of treadmill intervals

• 60 seconds at 8.5mph
  • 75 seconds at 4.5 mph

full-body workout

walking lunges: 4 sets of 20 with 30lb dumbbells super-setted w/ pushups: 4 sets of 25

barbell squat: 4 sets of 10 with 140lbs super-setted w/ dumbbell incline rows: 4 sets of 12 with 40lb dumbbells

side lunges: 3 sets of 20 with 20lb dumbbells super-setted w/ overhead dumbbell presses: 35lb dumbbells

20 burpees + 30 squat jumps + 30 lunge split jumps + 20 triceps dips + 8 pull-ups

Did you get a great workout in this morning?

I have 2 turkey dinners to eat today, so I’m going to paint on my elastic-waistband pants and strap on the feed bag.

Thank you so much for stoppin’ by on this holiday, and enjoy your Turkey Day. :)

14 Responses to “Pumpkin Shortage Victim.”

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — November 26, 2009 @ 8:30 am

Ok, my workout wasn’t THAT good! I want a do over.

Off to the kitchen to see if I can keep up with you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

p.s. I have about 20 cans of pumpkin puree in my cupboard if you need some more!

Evan Thomas — November 26, 2009 @ 8:42 am

I had a great workout! And we almost didn’t have pumpkin for the pie, but my dad ran out and found some

katie — November 26, 2009 @ 8:47 am

ooo that sounds like a great workout! I ran 5 miles this am and did some lower body..so I can eat 6 bowls of mac and cheese instead of 5! :) have a great thanksgiving beautiful!

April — November 26, 2009 @ 9:02 am

I DID get a good workout in :D

I couldn’t find pumpkin at Target but I found some at the grocery store…I was sweating.

Kelly — November 26, 2009 @ 9:25 am

would you like to borrow my maternity pants? lol. how did the pumpkin balls turn out with the milk chocolate?!

Julie @savvyeats — November 26, 2009 @ 9:53 am

I ran and did some weights, but nothing as intense as that!

Julie @savvyeats — November 26, 2009 @ 9:53 am

I ran and did some weights, but nothing as intense as that! Guess I’m stuck with 5 bowls of mashed potatoes instead of 6… :)

Shelley — November 26, 2009 @ 10:06 am

great workout!! & those cupcakes look incredibly delicious

Joy — November 26, 2009 @ 10:08 am

I did get in a great workout this morning…
    I did an “indoor sprint tri” but rowing instead of swimming
    so 2 mile row
    21 mile bike
    3.5 mile run

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 26, 2009 @ 12:06 pm

The liquored up frosting looks divine…but the Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with marshmallows OMG…I LOVE m’mallows. I need to check out the recipe and see what I can do with that one. LOVE my MM’s.

Thanks sooo much for the biz card link. You’re right, those are hands down the prettiest most awesome biz cards. When my first stash runs out, I need to check those out. I will probably pester you for the name of the site again in a few months :)

Happy TG Jessica!!!
    xoxo

The Candid RD — November 26, 2009 @ 5:43 pm

I can’t believe I just ate so many sweets yet I’m still drooling over yours!! Everything looks so delicious, especially that bailey’s icing!! Yum. Glad your mom pulled through with the pumpkin :)

I didn’t workout this morning, oh well! Good for you for getting one in. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kristie Lynn — November 26, 2009 @ 9:07 pm

I got a great work out in – a 10k turkey trot :-D

I stock up on pumpkin too – I’ve used 3 cans in the past week and still have 3 left… definitely a hoarder here!

Cindy Coniglio — November 27, 2009 @ 6:08 am

ok, We ate your entire plate of treats. I have 2 chocolate balls left. I woke up this morning and the big cupcake was gone. I think Nick was sleep walking.. haha

1. Pingback: Black Saturday. | How Sweet It Is