One of the biggest complaints I hear about from women is how ‘flabby’ their arms are. I normally don’t condone working 1 body part at a time (well, 2, in this case), and by no means think that one certain workout will change a person’s body. But here is a killer arm workout that I thought ya’ll would enjoy. :)

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #14 – BICEPS AND TRICEPS

20 push-ups

4 x 12 reps:

Triceps Overhead Extension

Triceps Rope Pulldown

Triceps Dips

20 push-ups

4 sets 12 reps:

Incline Biceps Curls

Standing Barbells Curls

Hammer Curls

20 push-ups

Remember: use a challenging weight! By the 12th repetition, it should be extremely challenging!

A while back I mentioned my favorite push-up trick: perform a certain number of push-ups everyday! They will eventually get easier, and you’ll feel stronger. If you can only do 1, continue with that every day until you can do 2, and so one. Set a goal to do 10 each day, and GET THEM DONE. :) Who’s been keepin’ up?

9 Responses to “Arms, Arms, Arms.”

Meghan@traveleatlove — December 16, 2009 @ 7:21 pm

I REALLY need to get on the pushups and more yoga. I love the way I feel when my arms are stronger!

Julie @savvyeats — December 16, 2009 @ 8:11 pm

I’m up to 12!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 16, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

I really want to tone my arms – they are not flabby yet … but I can see them getting that way if I don’t step it up!! Great workout!

janetha b — December 16, 2009 @ 10:48 pm

i love dips. both the triceps kind and the chili recipe you posted :)

Sarah — December 16, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

Great! I’m going to do this tomorrow. :)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 17, 2009 @ 5:25 am

That is almost the exact bicep/tricep workout that I do. Good to know a personal trainer approves!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — December 17, 2009 @ 9:42 am

I definitely need to do more arm work outs. I run alot and I do try to do weights but for some reason it falls on the wayside.

I’m gonna give this work out a whirl sister and try to keep it up!

kaitlynn — December 17, 2009 @ 10:17 am

I’m pretty sure we have done this before…And I’m sure I probably couldn’t move 2 days after…I miss your workouts!!

Sarah — December 17, 2009 @ 6:33 pm

OMGosh, that was one heck of an arm workout! Loved it! Thanks for sharing, my arms will be happily sore tomorrow morning. :)