I have this obsession with the cake balls. Of course, I love the oreo balls. And the pumpkin spice balls are not too bad either.

But these below are quite possibly my most favorite Christmas ‘cookie’ ever.

It is pretty simple – the base is just butter and brown sugar.

IMG_2642

Check out the dough. There are no eggs in this, so feel free to eat the entire bowl like I may have done.

IMG_2643

Just make sure to leave enough time (and ingredients) to whip up another batch.

I actually liked this dough more than regular cookie dough.

IMG_2644

The chocolate chips go into the dough while the mixer is on, so it chops them into tiny chunks. I love that.

I rolled them into balls. The dough was extremely sticky, so it makes it easier if your hands are covered in flour. I also found that putting it in the fridge to ‘set’ for a few minutes made it a bit easier, too.

IMG_2646

Doesn’t it look exactly like cookie dough? Notice how creamy it is.

IMG_2647

I dipped these in milk chocolate. I’m sure they would be great dipped in any kind of chocolate. But dipped in milk chocolate? They really taste like a cookie.

IMG_2685

IMG_2687

Incredible. I don’t really have any more exciting words to say.

IMG_2689

Besides, my mouth is still full of cookie dough.

The only way this will make you sick is if you eat too much. Since there are no raw eggs, it is very easy to do. Eat up!

Cookie Dough Truffles

adapted from FoodNetwork

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk

3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

To coat: 1 1/2 lbs chocolate disks or chocolate chips

n a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.

Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.

Melt chocolate chips or disks in a double boiler. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

IMG_2690

If you add these to your holiday cookie list, you will have a lot of happy campers.

IMG_2691

Enjoy! :)

Still not getting my updates since I switched domain names? Click here to subscribe: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

You can follow me on Twitter, and become a fan on Facebook. :)

101 Responses to “Cookie Dough Truffles.”

Cara (Cara Craves...) — December 7, 2009 @ 5:43 am

Mmmmm…This way you don’t need to out the dough out of the bowl…you can wait a little while and then enjoy as much as you want!

Light Delight with TouTou — December 7, 2009 @ 5:55 am

OH my goodness! Please please please open a candy store!! I love it, looks very professional !!! that truffles’s skin looks sooooo smooth and chocolate! Please don’t tempt me to chocolate on Monday Morning! hahahaha have a great week, Jessica!

The Candid RD — December 7, 2009 @ 6:15 am

Yet another fantastic treat created by Jessica!! Yum.

Yes, you can order Barney Butter online. Type in the name on google to get their webite. It’s sort of expensive, but worth it! The crunchy is best.

VeggieGirl — December 7, 2009 @ 6:21 am

**drool**

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — December 7, 2009 @ 6:28 am

I think you’ve just shown me exactly what I’m going to be making with my new kitchen aid, once its all set up. There’s a family Hanukkah party on Sunday and I’ll be bringing these :) Thanks girlie!

April — December 7, 2009 @ 6:46 am

STOP IT!! ;)

No really, I think i’ll make these for Christmas!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — December 7, 2009 @ 6:48 am

loving all these balls ;) TWSS

but seriously, amazinggggggg and chocolate dipped?! wowww

Mellissa — December 7, 2009 @ 6:50 am

I need to try these, even though I made about a million cookies this weekend these still look amazing!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 7, 2009 @ 6:57 am

Mmmmmmm…these look so good! That dough looks JUST like cookie dough. Chocolate chip cookie dough might just be my biggest weakness…and greatest love! :-)

Amanda — December 7, 2009 @ 7:25 am

Too good for words. I could eat a thousand of these in one sitting. Seriously.

Blessings-
    Amanda

• Jessica — December 7th, 2009 @ 7:29 am

I could, too. I may have. :)

Jessie — December 7, 2009 @ 7:35 am

These look amazing! I may have to add them to the list of goodies I plan to make for my coworkers.

Lisa — December 7, 2009 @ 7:47 am

OK OK, you have my attention. I’ll either be making these or the Oreo ones this week. Thanks for posting these :)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 7, 2009 @ 8:07 am

Ok, those look seriously delicious!

Julie @savvyeats — December 7, 2009 @ 8:31 am

I am making these soon! I signed up to bring “cake” to a potluck on Friday… aka cake/cookie balls!

megan — December 7, 2009 @ 8:44 am

great idea! These are on my “to-make” list! As if I needed any more cookies in my life. But I can’t not try these :)

Evan Thomas — December 7, 2009 @ 9:06 am

Seriously? You’re invited to all my holiday parties

sheila — December 7, 2009 @ 9:23 am

hi there! these looks delicious! the hubby is big on sweets, will definately make this one for him :)

Chelsea @ (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) — December 7, 2009 @ 9:44 am

This post had me at the title, but it had me even more after looking at the downright tantalizing photos. There are no words to articulate the yum power of that recipe. Holy whoa.

Jackie @ TriToLose — December 7, 2009 @ 9:46 am

I’ve never seen cookie dough balls before! I’ll have to try them for Christmas! Thanks! :)

++MIRA++ — December 7, 2009 @ 9:51 am

this looks yum. never made the no egg kind.will add to my growing list!

TheKitchenWitch — December 7, 2009 @ 10:12 am

WOW! Those are so unique! They look amazing.

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — December 7, 2009 @ 11:01 am

between these & the oreo balls i’ve got some serious baking to do!

Julia — December 7, 2009 @ 11:05 am

OMG, those look insanely good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Janice — December 7, 2009 @ 11:49 am

These look amazing, never seen anything like that.

kelley — December 7, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

You are seriously like my new favorite blog ever. I love everything you right about! And you have motivated me to start working out, as well as making new and wonderful treats!

Have a wonderful day!

AmyLou — December 7, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

I have the food network recipe and it gets RAVE reviews from fellow cookie dough lovers. Love your variation!

Lisa — December 7, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

oh….my……they look AMAZING! I think a batch of those would be perfect as a gift – or for post christmas lunch nibbles! Thankyou for sharing the recipe :)

Lindsey @ EatReadRun — December 7, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

these just made my mouth water! I used to be a cookie dough fiend – in my less-healthy days. I am soo making these for an upcoming holiday party. Awesome – thank you!

Kate — December 7, 2009 @ 2:10 pm

BRILLIANT :)

Shelley — December 7, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

i loooove cookie dough

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — December 7, 2009 @ 2:29 pm

These look fantastic!!!!! What a super recipe.. Im seriously considering making these for my work potluck!

Biz — December 7, 2009 @ 2:50 pm

Holy cow those look good!

One tip? If I am rolling anything out, whether its meatballs or cookies, I spray my hands with Pam. Nothing sticks and sometimes when you add more flour to a cookie it doesn’t get as flakey.

Thanks! My step-son will love this recipe!!

Paula — December 7, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

Oh My! Those are crazy amazing!!

Nicole (dishin') — December 7, 2009 @ 3:09 pm

Oh yum! Another great recipe.

Kelly B. — December 7, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

Oh my goodness those look AMAZING!!!

Andy — December 7, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

Holy cow I never thought these could be so delicious! Keep the recipes coming!!!

katie — December 7, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

oh my gosh!! i have to make these for my boyfriend..all his favorite things!!

Erica — December 7, 2009 @ 5:56 pm

These look like an incredible CANDY treat vs. a cookie, but I’m all in (especially cause I can eat the dough haha). If anyone asks me for holiday baking ideas, I know where I’m sending them!

Karla — December 7, 2009 @ 6:22 pm

Woah! those look amazing!!!
    You’re so clever with all these balls!

• Karla — December 7th, 2009 @ 6:22 pm

No pun intended :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 7, 2009 @ 6:25 pm

Wow! Those looks incredible!! Cookie dough is a huge weakness of mine! I love that there’s no eggs in them! That’s means I can eat to my hearts content and not get sick (from raw eggs that is) ;)

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — December 7, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

You are out of control! Those look outstanding!

Barbie B — December 7, 2009 @ 6:58 pm

but a bing; but a bang; these look sinfully delicious; but not nutritious. But I still love um and you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole — December 7, 2009 @ 7:10 pm

your desserts are incredible – just when I think I have found a favorite you come up with another one. My pants need elastic! Yikes! :)

Jenn (eating bender) — December 7, 2009 @ 7:21 pm

Oh. my. goodness. I agree with Nicole — my pants need elastic just looking at that bowl because I know I would eat the entire thing ;) Between that and the deliciousness of your peppermint double chocolate chip cookies…well, all I have to say is — HAPPY HOLIDAYS, indeed!!

sophia — December 7, 2009 @ 8:00 pm

Holy smokes. Your title itself grabbed my attention: Cookie dough truffles. Need I say more? That is perfection!

allijag — December 7, 2009 @ 8:34 pm

Why are you torturingA me with such delicious treats so late at night?!?!?! (because, you know, you somehow control when I read blogs…) AMAZING!

Barbara Bakes — December 7, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

Oh I would definitely eat too many of these! I love cookie dough and covered in chocolate must be amazing!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — December 8, 2009 @ 4:43 am

Those little puppies look fabulous!

Low — December 8, 2009 @ 8:12 am

Looks delightful! I get to brings apps to a Christmas thing on the 20th. I’m SOOO making the pizza dip :)

kelly — December 8, 2009 @ 10:03 am

you’re killing me! haha. i wanted to make the pumpkin balls for xmas and now these look even better!

1. Pingback: Blogger Friends are Awesome! | Savvy Eats

2. Pingback: A better day « for the love of breakfast

3. Pingback: Perfect Guacamole « Live, Love, Eat and Play

4. Pingback: The Latke Queen | What's For Dinner?

5. Pingback: Holiday Appetizers 101: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheeseball. | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: Wakey wakey, here’s what i’m gonna makey! « The Weigh I Am

7. Pingback: Cooking For College Students | Savvy Eats

8. Pingback: A Day of Baking « Salt & Humor

9. Pingback: Cookie Dough Truffles « Kelly Cooks…and other Amazing Feats

10. Pingback: 2009: A Year in Review | Savvy Eats

11. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites (and a Winner) | Savvy Eats

12. Pingback: my addition to the cookie dough craze. | girl meets life.

13. Pingback: Calling a spade a spade « Making Food and Other Stuff

14. Pingback: Way. Too. Many. Cookies. | Just Jessie

15. Pingback: Bite by Bite » Blog Archive » T’was the Day Before Christmas

16. Pingback: Gift It | delectable living

17. Pingback: Easy Mocha Truffle Candy

18. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites « Namely Marly

19. Pingback: Goodness, gracious, great balls of…cookies! « Sugar Therapy

20. Pingback: Brace Yourself: Cookie Dough Truffles | Frisky Lemon Nutrition

21. Pingback: Baking Spree «

22. Pingback: Catch A Wave | Confessions of a Human Vacuum

23. Pingback: Christmas Cough Dough Truffles « Blissful Hope

24. Pingback: Rolling in the Dough | Heather Bakes

25. Pingback: Cookie Dough Truffles | My Blog

26. Pingback: Cookie Dough Truffles | sparecake

27. Pingback: Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles | How Sweet It Is