For those of you that know me, you know I am a complete shoe fanatic. I have this wonderful hubby who also loves to buy me shoes. He bought me shoes for one of our first holidays together – I believe it was Christmas? – and I knew he was a keeper.

So imagine how excited I was when I won a giveaway on Miss Vinyl Ahoy’s blog.

Check out my prize.

IMG_2710

Shoes + hot pink. My life is complete.

Check out her Etsy shop and get one for yourself! Or your shoe-loving companion.

Yes. My husband buys me shoes.

He also surprises me with chocolate. (As if I need any more.)

IMG_2711

IMG_2713

Did you know that Godiva has a rewards card? You get a free truffle each month.

He brought me home a peppermint truffle and some chocolate covered strawberries because we adore them. Godiva also threw in a dark chocolate truffle, probably because we are such great customers. :)

Last night my friends Kelly and Dan came over for dinner. Dan was shocked by the blog a few weeks ago and really wanted me to make dinner for him. Luckily, he brought me wine.

Kelly was the first person that I ever told about my blog. She is a wonderful friend. And they have the most adorable baby ever.

I do not have much patience for children, but they are changing my mind.

Morgan is hilarious. She has an incredible personality.

IMG_2719

This was a laugh. Don’t you just love her?

IMG_2721

She also had fun checking out the tree.

IMG_2733

We started with some crabmeat bites at Kelly’s request.

crab

We had a salad with homemade whole grain croutons.

IMG_2735

IMG_2736

Since I don’t really like veggies, I like to eat these croutons plain. But I can also eat them with lettuce covered in parmesan ceasar dressing. Don’t hate.

I also made some chicken romano with lemon butter sauce.

IMG_2737

IMG_2739

And some cookies for Dan and my hubby. And me.

IMG_2748

Isn’t it amazing how the simplest things amuse us?

IMG_2755

IMG_2742

If you set any goals for December, how are you doing??

Are you making any resolutions for the New Year? I rarely do. The more I make, the more I don’t stick to them.

I’d rather make a resolution now, and change things for the better. Why wait for 2 more weeks?

25 days of Workouts

Workout #11 – 5 minute LOWER BODY

30 seconds alternating lunges

30 seconds squats

30 second plank hold

60 second wall sit

60 seconds reverse lunges

30 second plank hold

30 seconds plie’ squats

15 squat jumps

No weight’s are needed here, but feel free to add them on the lunges and squats, etc.

While this ‘workout’ may not yield fast results, getting in some form of exercise is better than nothin’! It can also make you feel stronger and more confident.

I will be baking all day, and may take some 5 minute workout breaks for sanity. :)

11 Responses to “Friends + 5 Minute Lower Body Workout”

Suze — December 12, 2009 @ 9:00 am

Yay! I’m so happy you liked it!! :)

Shelley — December 12, 2009 @ 10:07 am

morgan is actually ADORABLE. omg
    godiva chocolate covered strawberries are the bomb.com

xoxo
    shelley

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 12, 2009 @ 10:48 am

“Yes. My husband buys me shoes.

He also surprises me with chocolate.”

Yes, that works for me! And I’m sure you :)

Rewards program at Godiva? Where and how fast can I sign up?!!! :)
    xoox

Madeleine @ Notes On A Page — December 12, 2009 @ 11:11 am

I am seriously loving these 5 minute workouts, thanks!

The Candid RD — December 12, 2009 @ 1:09 pm

Aww, she is SO CUTE!! Those eyes just make me melt.

Looks like you put together a fantastic party. Everything looks so good, especially the crabmeat bites, I would request those too if I could! Thanks for telling us about the Godiva rewards, now I have an excuse to buy more!!

Low — December 12, 2009 @ 1:12 pm

Ah so cute! I’m not a big kid person either, but I like other people’s ;)
    Dinner looks great!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 12, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

Ahhhh she is So cute!!!!

katie — December 12, 2009 @ 9:23 pm

ohhhh my gosh she is ADORABLE!! made me smile!

Sarah — December 13, 2009 @ 8:16 am

That baby is so cute :)

I have the December goal of keeping on Detox and exercising. Great workout :)

Cheryl — December 13, 2009 @ 2:35 pm

Morgan looks like so much fun, the food looks amazing, anyone can squeeze in 5 mins of exercise, even me, and I bet the fun you had making this meal and being with friends was very much worth it! Thank you for the workout ideas! It’s hard to get motivated to get outside to walk/run when it’s 25 degrees out!

kelly — December 17, 2009 @ 9:47 am

our dinner looks so fancy close up! (not that it didn’t in person). umm why are you hiding morgan in the fitness page, are you trying to tell me something? lol. i will definitely be hiring you to kick my butt into shape once i’m done popping out kids…but for now? bring on the cheese, and smashed potatoes, and more cheese, and ok ok maybe a sweet or two :)

ps ~ when will you be coming to our place? maybe i can make my mammie’s spaghetti for you