Good evening. :)

I’ve been cleaning and relaxing this evening, with one of my most favorite candles burning:

IMG_2879

And the trees lit:

IMG_2880

With some Christmas music playing. My favorite way to relax!

I have been craving Thai food for weeks. My hubby and I used to eat it all the time – in fact we ate it on our first New Year’s Eve together. Unfortunately, someone has a habit of eating something 6 times a day everyday until they are sick of it. Hint: it’s not me.

I made my own peanut sauce w/ some whole wheat noodles and shrimp.

IMG_2883

The year is winding down and exercise is probably one of the last things on your list, right? Just think – in 2 more weeks it is a new year, and time to start over! Wrong.

Have many other times have we made ‘resolutions’? They obviously haven’t stuck, and it’s time to change somethin’! Think of some small changes you can make in the next 2 weeks that will make you feel better and more confident.

Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes, but the key is being able to get right back on. So start eating healthier today, right now, at your next meal. I’m not saying skip the cookies- but make some smarter choices this week! And by all means, rev up that exercise.

And remember – next week I’ll be posting the first workouts for the No More Resolutions January challenge!

25 Days of Workouts
WORKOUT #15 – More TREADMILL HITT

10 minute warm up

For 15-20 minutes follow:

15 seconds at 9.0 mph

45 seconds at 4.5 mph

10 minute cool down

Take it at your own pace – stop if anything feels off. This should be your only cardio for the day. Don’t overdo it!

18 Responses to “More Treadmill HIIT.”

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 17, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

Thai is my fave!

I’ve done HIIT about 3 times now:-)

Shelley — December 17, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

jealous of your HIIT workout :) and thai food is so amazing!! your dish sounds greatt… i love shrimp pad thai

One Healthy Apple — December 17, 2009 @ 6:42 pm

HIIT sounds awesome! I’ve never ever ran at 9.5 How does one do that at 5’4″?

• Jessica — December 18th, 2009 @ 6:31 am

LOL. Tell me about it. I’m only 5’1” and I look like a hamster running that fast.

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 17, 2009 @ 6:45 pm

I am clueless b/c I have no idea what your stats mean…all I know is your an incredible baker, you’re gorgeous, I adore you, and I love great smelling candles and thai food. Im not trying to date you, I promise :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 17, 2009 @ 6:57 pm

Peanut sauce + Shrimp = Yum.

Mellissa — December 17, 2009 @ 7:57 pm

I do HIIT whenever I can for my cardio because I love the variety!

Meghan@traveleatlove — December 17, 2009 @ 8:06 pm

You have great workouts! I plan on mixing them in with my running for a full body conditioning plan!

Sarah — December 17, 2009 @ 8:39 pm

I am scared of HITT but so want to try it. It will make an incredible workout.

I LOVE Thai but my husband is not a huge fan. I need to make some chicken satay for an app for Christmas. YUM!

Low — December 18, 2009 @ 7:55 am

I am obsessed with Thai food. There’s a place right across the street that’s rumored to be awesome, but I’m scared to go because if it is I’ll eat it like every day.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — December 18, 2009 @ 8:31 am

I’m so glad for the encouragement. I worry alot about not getting exercise in during the holidays but that’s mostly because I most prefer running and running takes time…..at least when you need to make 20 miles a week goals!

I’m going to persevere!

Kristin Rimkus — December 18, 2009 @ 8:38 am

I’m with you! Great post. It’s been a battle, but so far I’m maintaining through the holidays. Not losing, but not gaining either. Exercise in any form is the key!

janetha b — December 18, 2009 @ 9:02 am

HIIT was made for me. i hate cardio and i love the benefits of 20-30 min of HIIT!

Nicole — December 18, 2009 @ 9:39 am

OOO – I just bought that candle from Bath and Body works! It’s on sale 2 for $20. I bought it for my mom but maybe I should keep it :)

Kelly B. — December 18, 2009 @ 6:03 pm

I just wanted to tell you that I did workout #12 yesterday…awesome! It totally hit the spot!! THANK YOU!!

Rusty — December 19, 2009 @ 2:50 pm

HIIT does work incredibly well at both boosting the metabolism, increasing HGH, etc.

You may want to add in 15-20 minutes of steady state cardio right after at a medium-to-low intensity level.

Here is why this works well. HIIT is effective at releasing Free Fatty Acids from your fat cells into your bloodstream. So starting your fat loss cardio with HIIT is a great idea.

…but steady state is better at using those free fatty acids that the HIIT released. So follow up your HIIT with 15 minutes of a fast walk or slow jog to take advantage of this window of opportunity.

I LOVE Thai food by the way!

-Rusty

Maria — October 4, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

great! thanks for posting workouts, Im going to need them! because I will want to try all your recipes :)

1. Pingback: No More Resolutions! | How Sweet It Is