Guess what? Friday Trivia is back tomorrow! 4 chances to win a great prize. :)

I love holiday-flavored candies, and that says alot because I am a bit of a chocolate snob.

Ok. A big chocolate snob.

An expensive chocolate snob.

Years ago, my aunt would always buy chocolate mint m&m’s. They went on a brief hiatus and we couldn’t find them for years. I am so excited they are back.

IMG_2543

IMG_2544

I’m even more excited because they are bigger than regular m&m’s. You know how the peanut butter m&m’s are fatter than regular? These mint ones are fat, too. Plump, minty chocolate. It’s right up my alley.

Last week at Target I also picked up some candy cane Kisses.

IMG_2546

IMG_2548

I wasn’t fond of the candy corn Kisses at Halloween, but these more than make up for it. See those little red crystals? These kisses are crunchy!

Plump chocolate and crunchy chocolate. It’s like I’ve died and gone to Heaven.

I decided I wanted to make some double chocolate cookies, since I just can’t get enough chocolate.

Sometimes I eat it for breakfast.

True story.

There was a recipe in Mother Lovett’s book of secrets that I had found, so I quickly whipped it up.

I chopped up the crunchy Kisses. I love chopping.

IMG_2551

I separated the cookie dough into three parts.

One bowl got the plump m&m’s.

IMG_2553

Another got the chopped, crunchy Kisses.

IMG_2556

And the third bowl I left plain. I rolled the dough into balls to make festive blossom cookies.

IMG_2562

All of the cookies turned out delicious. Very chocolate-y (just how I like ‘em) with hints of peppermint. It tasted like Christmas in a cookie. I will definitely be making these closer to the holiday.

We have double chocolate mint m&m’s cookies.

IMG_2567

IMG_2574

And double chocolate peppermint chunk cookies.

IMG_2568

IMG_2572

While these cookies are festive, the chocolate cookie recipe turned out fabulous. Perfectly moist and very soft. Occasionally I like a crispy cookie (my dad’s favorite!), but usually I am a sucker for soft and chewy.

Double Chocolate Cookies

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in any chips, m&m’s or nut’s if you’d like. Leave plain to make blossom cookies.

Spoon onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

If making blossom cookies, roll into balls and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and push Kiss into center of cookie. Bake for 1 more minute.

The blossom cookies turned out unexpectedly. The Kiss was only in the oven for 30 seconds, but these peppermint Kisses must be very sensitive to heat. Every batch I made, leaving in the oven for less time, came out melted down.

But at a second glance, I really like these cookies and thought they were extremely merry.

IMG_2569

IMG_2570

Not to mention incredibly delicious. I used the same dough, but because there was nothing in each cookie besides the Kiss on top, they were even more soft.

And can I just ask if you’ve seen these?

IMG_2561

Irish Creme Kisses!

Hello…?

That makes for a Bailey’s cookie. With a side of Bailey’s of course.

IMG_2575

IMG_2576

This was definitely my favorite because it tasted like Bailey’s in a Kiss.

Which is ironic, since I’m sure Bailey’s leads to plenty of kisses.

65 Responses to “Peppermint Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

Light Delight with TouTou — December 3, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

that cookies is so chocolate and adorable!! I love it
    that Bailey’s cookie looks much better than it’s version on magazines ( did u see that white base with a kiss on it?) I prefer to have your Bailey one. M’m sweet :-D

Karla — December 3, 2009 @ 5:36 pm

Those looks amazing! They are perfectly shaped cookies! Chocolate and Mint is such a great, festive combo!

Lauren — December 3, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

Who knew there were so many varieties of Hershey’s Kisses?! These cookies look delicious… perfect for the holidays.

Melissa (Melissa Likes To Eat) — December 3, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

Wow…..those cookies are extremely tasty looking!!!! I’ll have to give them a try soon!!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — December 3, 2009 @ 5:59 pm

This post just made me droooooool.

I love mint m&m’s, and I LOVE white choc. peppermint hershey kisses!!!

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — December 3, 2009 @ 5:59 pm

Irish Creme kisses!? Combining my love of Bailey’s and chocolate? Those sound extremely delicious and very dangerous!

Gliding Calm — December 3, 2009 @ 6:03 pm

Oh EM GEEE. JESSICAAAAAAAAAA! Those look so amazing!!! I absolutely love chocolate peppermint flavored things, peppermint/candy cane ice cream, peppermint choc Luna bar, etc. WANT TO SEND SOME OVER if you can’t finish them all?!!! HAHA

Seriously so so cute!!!

And no! I have not seen Irish cream kisses! must find!!!!!!!!!!1

HAPPY FRIDAY GIRL!!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) — December 3, 2009 @ 6:09 pm

I’m not a big mint person–I always say it’s like eating toothpaste. BUT those peppermint hershey kisses are amazing and pressed in those cookies?!?! Lookin’ good!!

katie — December 3, 2009 @ 6:16 pm

oh my FUHREAKING GOODNESS!! ALL OF MY FAV CHRISTMAS TREATS IN ONE COOKE!!!

Amanda — December 3, 2009 @ 6:17 pm

I think I am leaving my family and moving in with you. Wow. Amazing. Beautiful. I seriously want to eat these RIGHT NOW!!

Genius.

Julie @savvyeats — December 3, 2009 @ 6:26 pm

They make Irish Creme kisses? Must. Go. Get. Some.

Meggilizz — December 3, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A MINT-CHOCOLATE HOE-BAG!!!!!!!

You more than had me at the mention of mint m&m’s, I *almost* jumped off the couch to the store! In my pajamas!!

THEN THE KISSES?!!??????????? WITH CRUNCHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND you didn’t stop there, didju? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!! You had to go and make CHOCOLATE COOKIES out of the little MC lovelies!!!!!! And not just ONE kind of cookie, but sooooooo many that I had a foodgasm and lost count.

Now I *MUST* make these minty-chocolatey-cookie-darlings for my family this Christmas!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :D

The Candid RD — December 3, 2009 @ 6:35 pm

Nick and I are drooling over these cookies. We love Hershey’s kisses, and we WANT to try those candy cane flavored ones! And you say they are crunchy?? Sounds fantastic.

I love this type of cookie. My grandma used to make them every Christmas. They remind me of her!

Erica — December 3, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

This looks fab. Have you seen the half chocolate chip half mint chip bags they just came out with too? I think some of those tossed in this mix would be awesome.

VeggieGirl — December 3, 2009 @ 7:24 pm

Ohhhh holy yum cookies.

Yes, I have seen those Irish Creme kisses – I want to try them sooooo badly!

Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) — December 3, 2009 @ 7:34 pm

Ahhhh!!! I need to get to target ASAP and stock up on all of these holiday treats! Can I come over for a cookie right now? :) Love the chocolate/mint combo.

Kristie Lynn — December 3, 2009 @ 7:37 pm

Is it bad that the melted kisses remind me nips? Probably just me… *ashamed face*

Yum Yucky — December 3, 2009 @ 7:43 pm

You are the Queen of evil junk food love. Congratulations. (for real)

The Stoner Gourmand — December 3, 2009 @ 7:46 pm

ooooohhhhhh……those look yummers.

Mellissa — December 3, 2009 @ 7:51 pm

Mu husband bought 8 bags of Mint m&m’s last year, yes 8. He was that obsessed!

kay (eating machine) — December 3, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

i want baily’s kisses! i’m so going on a hunt for those

Maria — December 3, 2009 @ 8:54 pm

I haven’t had mint M and M’s in a long time. I will have to look for them to bake some cookies. Love these!

Lindsay — December 3, 2009 @ 9:10 pm

Irish cream kisses?!
    WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE?!

Courtney — December 3, 2009 @ 9:32 pm

Oh! I saw the Irish Cream kisses at Target and HAD to get them. Can I say I’m a sucker for new kiss flavors? They are SO good. Gotta keep them in the freezer… Outta sight, outta mind…

One Healthy Apple — December 3, 2009 @ 10:04 pm

Amazing, girl! Simply stunning. I’m going up a pants size just looking at these!

sophia — December 3, 2009 @ 11:05 pm

Damn it, USC! You just NEVER have cool stuff like those peppermint kisses! I have to go on a hunt for those!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — December 4, 2009 @ 4:57 am

I would love to bake with you, sunshine! The photos of your cookies alone put me in the Christmas spirit!

Jo Stockton — December 4, 2009 @ 5:38 am

Whoa. Holiday cookie twin! I love the candy cane kiss blossom idea, and I’ve definitely made mint M&M cookies in the past. One of my favorite mint+chocolate cookie recipes is red and green plain M&Ms with crunched up bits of candy canes!

Yvette — December 4, 2009 @ 5:40 am

Hi Jessica,

I saw your post on Cookinfanatic about not finding Chobani. I work for Chobani and if you can tell me the names of the stores you shop I will try to let you know where you can find it. I see you are in Pittsburg, you can usually find Chobani at Whole Foods, Sams, Costco and BJ’s if you have any of those and we continue to expand our retailers.

Yvette

Paige (running around normal) — December 4, 2009 @ 6:11 am

Seriously? Can you just please come live at my house for a week while you continue to bake this deliciousness?! ;)

megan — December 4, 2009 @ 7:17 am

wow, we are on a similar wavelength. I’m making cookies that look similar to these for my 12 days of Christmas (cookies)! I use the candy cane kisses, but a different chocolate cookie recipe. they’ll be up in a few days. so many cookies… :)

Seth @ Boy Meets Food — December 4, 2009 @ 7:19 am

OK, now I’m going to be on the lookout for those Irish Cream kisses.

Lauren @ Eater not a runner — December 4, 2009 @ 9:55 am

Love the festive cookies! Well I love all cookies….

Hillary @ Nutrition Nut on the Run — December 4, 2009 @ 11:53 am

Oh wow, I am going to have to try those cookies. Love mint ‘n chocolate!

~ Hillary @ http://www.nutritionnut.wordpress.com

Hillary @ Nutrition Nut on the Run — December 4, 2009 @ 11:54 am

Wow, I am going to have to give those cookies a try! Love mint ‘n chocolate!

Kelly B. — December 4, 2009 @ 1:10 pm

Oh wow…your cookies look amazing! I am definitely going to have to find those peppermint kisses…that just sounds like goodness in my mouth!

Low — December 4, 2009 @ 2:24 pm

I don’t like peppermint (I’m weird I know) but those Bailey’s kisses sound amazing. I love soft, doughy cookies!

• Jessica — December 4th, 2009 @ 2:30 pm

It’s ok, my hubby doesn’t like peppermint + chocolate. SO guess who eats these?

Cara (Cara Craves...) — December 4, 2009 @ 2:34 pm

Those look like delicious morsels of goodness :)

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — December 4, 2009 @ 6:17 pm

Hi Jessica!

These treats are so festive & I can almost taste those cookies. Looks like I may try to serve these at my holiday party in a few weeks.

maria — December 5, 2009 @ 2:17 am

I am so jealous of your mint m&ms. I love the mint and chocolate combination and I know these would be AMAZING!

That Kind of Girl — December 5, 2009 @ 10:20 am

Have you tried the M&Ms Premium mint M&Ms? If you like the regular hint, I have an idea that you might looove the premiums. Whenever I put them out in a candy bowl before I have people over, they always disappear instantly. Ultimate yum.

Also, couldn’t agree more about the peppermint Kisses. I wait all year for them to come out!

Laura — December 5, 2009 @ 5:15 pm

Ooohhh….I haven’t seen the Irish Cream kisses, but am completely addicted to the Candy Cane Kisses. I’m stocking up so that I’ll have some all year, since they only sell them at the Holidays. They are really good inside chocolate cupcakes, too. :)
    blessings
    ~*~

Katie — December 6, 2009 @ 2:33 pm

I am a sucker for choc/peppermint!

Food/Fitness/Music & Giveaways!

Erica — December 6, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

Made these today ;)

Nicci@NiftyEats — December 6, 2009 @ 4:23 pm

I need some cookies like these in my life! :)

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) — December 6, 2009 @ 6:37 pm

Bless your heart for being able to make all those cookies without eating every.single.one. Just looking at them makes me want to do back flips. Seriously though, I’ve never seen better looking cookies.
    Chocolate+mint= Lindsays gaining weight.

Jessica — December 12, 2009 @ 10:08 am

Have you tried freezing these at all? I’m not big on freezing cookies but I was going to make these this weekend and am not sure if they will stay good until Christmas. Any ideas?

Deanna — December 14, 2010 @ 10:03 pm

hi, i was just wondering about the amount of butter in the double chocolate cookie recipe. what do the 2 sticks of butter equal out to in grams or how many cups of butter does it equal?!?!? i cant wait to make these cookies, hopefully someone can let me know!!! thanks

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 1:51 am

2 sticks of butter is one cup! Hope you enjoy the cookies. :)

Amanda — December 30, 2010 @ 2:23 am

This recipe is very tasty! One change I made was I put half as much vanilla extract and replaced the rest with peppermint extract so that the cookies themselves were a little minty (but not overpoweringly so). Also, perhaps my oven is wimpy, but I definitely needed to cook these cookies for AT LEAST 10 minutes. I just did the straight batter with no add-ins, so that might have been part of the reason too why the cookies were very moist to the point of a little undercooked after a full 8 minutes. Thanks for the recipe! -Amanda, Boston, MA

• Jessica — December 30th, 2010 @ 2:35 am

Glad you liked them!

Elena — November 29, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

how many m&ms and kisses did you use for the recipes? i was thinking about making two batches, one with the m&ms and the other with the kisses, but wasn’t sure if i should use the whole bag or not! thanks girl :)

1. Pingback: Holiday Baking. | How Sweet It Is