Sexy Shoulders!

Good evening. :)

I shopped til I dropped tonight! I am now happily watching Home Alone. I <3 Christmas movies.

Don’t forget! The first week of of January will be the workout challenge! I’ll be posting a strength training plan for beginners, intermediate, and advanced for 12 whole weeks. Set some goals to get strong, look hot, and be super confident! :)

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #18 – SHOULDERS

There is nothing sexier than some shapely shoulders on a woman. Did you know that developing your shoulder muscles will actually make you waist appear smaller? If that isn’t enough to get your moving, imagine how strong you will be.

25 Pushups

4 sets of 10:

Staggered arm pushups (10 each side)

Overhead dumbbell press

Upright dumbbell row

Side lateral raises

Front raises

45 seconds mountain climbers
10 burpees
25 pushups

Have any of your increased your pushup numbers, or began doing them each day? I promise they will make you feel fabulous!

Til’ next time. :)

14 Responses to “Sexy Shoulders!”

Julie @savvyeats — December 22, 2009 @ 8:29 pm

Push-ups 5x a week over here!

One Healthy Apple — December 22, 2009 @ 8:31 pm

I love shoulders! I don’t do them daily, but I can do 15 boy ones till I fall down screaming! I’m very proud of myself for that!

Stef — December 22, 2009 @ 8:51 pm

I need to get in on this pushup action! I’ll start tonight :)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 22, 2009 @ 8:57 pm

I can’t wait to read about the new year strength training plan. I’m always looking for some new ST routines to spice up my life. :-)

Hallie — December 22, 2009 @ 10:16 pm

I’ve started doing daily push ups…and a big part of that was due to your blog! I love your workouts (although I’m kind of too scared to try them…I should get over that!)

Shelley — December 22, 2009 @ 11:11 pm

shopping can be exhausting! and your strengh training is so inspiring :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 22, 2009 @ 11:57 pm

Home Alone is the BEST Christmas movie EVER :-)

Alison — December 23, 2009 @ 6:10 am

I’ve been doing “real pushups” every day since you posted that challenge! AAAAAAAnnd last week I bought Home Alone to add to my Christmas movie collection – on 9 dollars at the grocery store haha

Karin — December 23, 2009 @ 6:21 am

I should really really do more strength training…

The Candid RD — December 23, 2009 @ 6:31 am

I do push-ups on my couch arm! They are the “cheating” way to do them, but they are still difficult for me. I guess it’s just easier to do them this way, and I just do more to make up for the “easier” push-up. I’ve been doing about 50 per day, and already see a difference! I go really slow, which is supposed to help with muscle building…who knows.

I think the sleep cycle applicatoon WOULD work on an itouch. You can download apps, right? I suggest it!

julie — December 23, 2009 @ 6:43 am

oh great workout girl :) i did some stab ball pushups today but i can’t wait to do those staggered ones next time!

VeggieBooty — December 23, 2009 @ 9:07 am

I’ve always known that I *could* do push-ups, but for some reason – maybe it’s fear of getting too tired? – I always do them on my knees when I’m in one of the group classes I take. Then, last week, I was reading your blog and vowed to try them on my toes. And I did! And have been since! I can’t quite make it through an entire song on my toes (I *do* get tired), but I can get a good 70% of the way through it before I drop to my knees! Thank you for the motivation :-)

intheskinny — December 23, 2009 @ 9:14 am

Looking forward to the strength training plan!

Kacy — December 23, 2009 @ 10:03 am

I can’t wait to start your workout challenge! I love working shoulders as well! They tone up so quickly too, it’s incredibly gratifying.