I woke up to a little more snow this morning, wishing I was 10 years old and school would be cancelled. I still don’t want to be a grown up.

I made an awesome tropical smoothie to go with breakfast:

smoothie

-ice water

-orange juice

-frozen banana

-vanilla extract

-cake batter protein powder

It tasted an orange julius + gave me 2 servings of fruit.

I am super excited because my hubby won 2 tickets to a sneak peek of Sherlock Holmes tonight!

tix

We are going to see the movie and go out to dinner at PF Changs or Bravo. We never have dates on weeknights with work + commuting + gym taking up most of our time. It will be really fun!

What is your favorite muscle group to work? I love back and triceps. I tend to do mostly full body and upper/lower splits, but if I ever do body part splits, I live for back & triceps day!

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #17 – BACK & TRICEPS

All exercises are 4 sets of 12

Pullups + Rear delt flyes

Seated row + Overhead triceps extension

Lat Pulldown + Triceps Dips

Front Pulldown + Triceps pushdown

Pushups

Try to do all exercises with no (minimal) rest in between, besides when you are moving to the next exercise. I do 4 sets of the first group, then move on to the second group, and so on.

I love having a strong back, and it is a muscle that many women tend to unintentionally ignore. But it looks so sexy in a backless dress. :)

18 Responses to “Tropical Smoothie + Back Workout”

Evan Thomas — December 21, 2009 @ 8:57 am

I’m not sure what I like to workout. I guess upper body is appealing because I feel it “shows” better. Really I’m a cardio person at heart.
    And I’m so jealous of those movie tickets! It looks great. I hate when movies come out on Christmas because I can never go see them on that day!

Lauren — December 21, 2009 @ 9:10 am

I love when people drink smoothies from fancy glasses! I actually never strength train, but something tells me that it would probably help me out in life…

katherine — December 21, 2009 @ 9:50 am

I love working out my arms and back, though I think I get the most benefit from working out my legs. I wish I could spend an extra half hour every day on strength training to just to get it all in!

julie — December 21, 2009 @ 10:36 am

oh i love that workout :) i did back and biceps this morning! i think that’s my fav. i used to hateee lifting legs but now i’m starting to love it :) have fun on date night girl!

Erin — December 21, 2009 @ 10:41 am

So jealous of the free tickets! Enjoy the movie!

intheskinny — December 21, 2009 @ 11:14 am

I love a good leg workout!

Have fun on your date night!

Mellissa — December 21, 2009 @ 12:09 pm

I like back and triceps too. How did you get the cute cupcake on the browser tab?

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — December 21, 2009 @ 12:30 pm

Where do you get cake batter protein powder?!?! It sounds amazing!!!!

Kelly B. — December 21, 2009 @ 1:00 pm

What brand is your cake batter protein powder?

MelissaNibbles — December 21, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

I can’t wait for Sherlock Holmes to come out. A great cast and a great director, it’s sure to be a good flick.

Great workout!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 21, 2009 @ 1:47 pm

Enjoy the movie! I havent been to a movie in theaters in 4+ yrs. That’s right, since when I was pregnant. Enjoy girl b/c if you ever have kids, movies are like wayyyyy on the back burner. If I gave up my food blog reading I could probably swing in though :)

Salted hot choc? Id skip the salt and add extra of your BFFs baileys & Godiva :)

The tropical smoothie = yummy! funny thing is there are sooo many for me to choose from here, that i’ve got toooooo many choices and can’t pick. either of the alcoholic or non alcoholikc drink variety! LOL

Maria — December 21, 2009 @ 2:34 pm

Have fun on your date. I love working my abs and arms:) But all workouts are WONDERFUL!

Cheryl — December 21, 2009 @ 3:12 pm

I love Orange Julius, so I’ll have to try this recipe out! I’ve been starting my day with Bolthouse smoothies, but if I can make these myself, and they taste good, I’m in!

Low — December 21, 2009 @ 4:00 pm

Have fun at the movie! I love back workouts! I also love working my triceps.

One Healthy Apple — December 21, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

I love working back and chest (not on the same day). I was wondering if you had a philosophy on doing push/pull splits, since back and tris are opposite. My husband has me do back with bis, chest with tris/shoulders. Any ideas on whether this is better or not?

Shelley — December 21, 2009 @ 7:56 pm

i love pf changss.. & that fruit smoothie sounds really good

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 21, 2009 @ 9:29 pm

Cake batter protein powder – ummmmm yummmmmm!!!!

Ashley — May 30, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

So, this was a really long time ago.. but my two areas that I love to work the most (because they’re the hardest for me to get toned!) would be triceps and adductors! a.k.a. arm jiggle, and the nice fatty area that supports my enormous badonkadonk! :)