Update your google reader! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

A new spin on an old favorite!
I made these Oreo balls this weekend with Golden Oreos. They came out amazing!

IMG_2887
IMG_2888
IMG_2889

I’ve learned my lesson that I must not make them until I can get them out of the house.
I.CAN’T.STOP.EATING.THEM.

IMG_2938

I dipped some in white and milk chocolate, and did a little decorating.

IMG_2939

Vanilla Oreo Balls

1 package Golden Oreos

1-8oz block of cream cheese

White and milk chocolate for dipping

Crush Oreos in a food processor. Add cream cheese and mix until a dough forms. Roll into balls and freeze.

Dip in melted white and milk chocolate. Freeze until ready to serve.
IMG_2940
IMG_2942

If you haven’t made ‘em yet, you’re missing out. Join the party! :)

36 Responses to “Vanilla Oreo Balls.”

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — December 20, 2009 @ 3:01 pm

Haha just made these today too (the regular chocolate kind) and cannot stop eating them! Being snowed in isn’t helping…must leave the apartment stat!

Meghan@traveleatlove — December 20, 2009 @ 3:03 pm

I keep making the dough and just eating it by itself ;( I am going to try to make the actual Oreo balls for Christmas!

• kate — November 22nd, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

just wondering, are you plus sized and single?

• Janine — December 19th, 2012 @ 7:19 pm

You are a very rude person! Does this really make you feel better about yourself?

• Linzabeth — January 12th, 2014 @ 4:20 am

Some of us that read this blog may be single, and/or overweight, but I would guess that most of (including the writer and myself) are healthy women in happy relationships/marriages. And we are also human, which means that we sometimes “accidentally” eat an entire batch of cookie dough. But we have even more important characteristics: modesty, humility, and A SENSE OF HUMOR! This blog is seriously not a place for misdirected anger. Girl, make more cookies and maybe you’ll stop being so aimlessly mean. #peacelovebacon

Bridgett — December 20, 2009 @ 3:19 pm

I have been wanting to try these all season. They look amazing. I think I actually like the Golden Oreo version better than the recipe I have – which calls for the traditional Oreo. And, yes, they would have trouble making their way out of my house too :)

Erica — December 20, 2009 @ 3:21 pm

Another fabulous treat. I’ve never tried the golden oreos, but I bet they worked just perfect in this recipe. Hope you are having a nice weekend

Julie @savvyeats — December 20, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

Yum.

By the way, your cookie dough truffles were a huge hit at my cooking class last night!

Stephanie — December 20, 2009 @ 4:56 pm

Umm yes, I just totally wanted to jump through the screen and eat those — they look so good!! I love the use of the golden oreos – and covered in chocolate? plus cream cheese (my true love)? really? i think we would get along very well ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 20, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

Um those are kinda like insanely off the hook!
    Truth be told, I actually prefer vanilla in certain things to chocolate. This would actually be one of them. Like nothing beats a soft n chewy vanilla-ish sugar cookie. And I bet these are off the chain!!!!!!!!! Wow, I may go un vegan and un GF yet b/c of you!!! :)

VeggieGirl — December 20, 2009 @ 5:06 pm

MUST HAVE THOSE!

Amanda — December 20, 2009 @ 5:28 pm

I didnt think you could improve on perfection… but you managed. ;)

Blessings!
    Amanda

Alison — December 20, 2009 @ 5:38 pm

I JUST MADE your recipe for the regular Oreo Balls tonight! They are so delicious! I reserved one crushed oreo to decorate the tops and Christmas tree sprinkles on the others. Thanks for sharing :-)

julie — December 20, 2009 @ 5:41 pm

ahhh i just found your blog and i love it! all your treats look INSANELY good and i can’t wait to play with the recipes!

homecookedem — December 20, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

Looking at these pictures is pure torture, haha! :) I mean that in the best way possible!! They look amazing!! :)

Barbara Bakes — December 20, 2009 @ 5:50 pm

I haven’t made them yet! I’m afraid too. They look too addicting!

Lisa — December 20, 2009 @ 6:48 pm

Oreo balls sound dangerous :) very dangerous :)

Christina — December 20, 2009 @ 8:23 pm

Those sound like they’re gonna be really really addicting!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 20, 2009 @ 9:31 pm

That recipe is so easy, yet it sounds Fantastic!!! Can’t wait to try these!

Karla — December 20, 2009 @ 10:28 pm

Wow those look so quick, easy and delicious! You can work wonders with those oreos!

Karin — December 21, 2009 @ 2:12 am

I have to try them too, they look amazing! (We don’t have golden oreos over here though so I’ll have make them with “normal” oreos ;))

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — December 21, 2009 @ 6:22 am

The vanilla ones look so pretty! Where do you find time to do all this amazing baking?

megan — December 21, 2009 @ 6:45 am

my mom just made these this weekend with vanilla oreos too! I can’t wait to go home and try them. She said they’re wonderful :)

Gliding Calm — December 21, 2009 @ 9:08 am

i’ll take ten. right now. thanks! :)

happy monday, lovely lady!!!

Queen of Cuisine — December 21, 2009 @ 2:12 pm

I dreamed of golden oreos last night. I blame you.

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — December 21, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

i made your oreo balls this weekend & WOWZAA they were a hit! i’m making them again for my fiance’s family’s xmas party on friday!

LC @ Let Them Eat Lentils — December 21, 2009 @ 5:59 pm

They look so nice when you cut into them!

Charmaine — November 17, 2010 @ 11:00 pm

You wrote that you roll them and then freeze and then dip in choc after that. Then you wrote that you dip them and then freeze them. Does it matter which you do?

• Jessica — November 18th, 2010 @ 12:44 am

I do both – I roll the balls and freeze them, then dip them in chocolate, then put them back in the freezer.

liz — December 15, 2010 @ 12:26 am

Thank you for posting this!! I have been looking for this recipe all week!!

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 1:48 am

You are welcome!

Tamar — December 17, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

You recently talked about making oreo balls, and I’d never tried them, but needed something to bring to a work party where I know some people don’t like/can’t eat chocolate: the horror! So I searched the internet for oreo balls with golden oreos, and this post came up first! Loved them and they went over soo well at the party. I wish I could make the white chocolate melt properly like yours, but I covered them with enough sprinkles to make up for it. :D Thanks!

• Jessica — December 17th, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

So glad they were a hit!

Lori — October 22, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

Can you make these with Nutter Butter cookies? Should turn out like peanut butter balls….right?

val — December 12, 2011 @ 1:55 pm

I’m making this version of the oreo ball this week for relatives. I’ve also made these with the mint oreos and they are stellar! otherwise, you can use the regular ones and add mint extract!

1. Pingback: Oreo Balls for America | Brooke Eats Sweets