Do you ever feel overwhelmed, like there is no possible way that you can do it all? Work, exercise, clean – how is there time to fit everything in?

I know I feel this way often, and have to work hard to stop the feeling of being completely overwhelmed.

This especially happens during the holidays.

Have you set any goals recently? Have you failed to follow them? If so, don’t get down on yourself! It is very hard to follow anything this time of year. It is so cold that it is hard to get out of bed in the morning. There are so many holiday parties in the evenings, that you’ve skipped a few workouts.

Don’t worry about it! Start right now. Do something that will make you feel good about yourself. Write down a goal.  Prepare some healthy meals for tomorrow. Clean up your bathroom. Whatever it takes – make yourself feel good TODAY.

Think about what is holding you back. Would you rather wait until after Christmas when you are 5 lbs heavier? Are you waiting for the hustle and bustle to over? It’s always easier to find an excuse than make a change. Make that change, not an excuse. What are you waiting for?

Thinking about how you’re going to change your exercise eating habits come January 1st? Take a chance and make a small change now. Whatever your goal may be, exercise will make you feel so much more positive and confident. You will physically and mentally feel better.

What is your favorite workout?

I love to do any form of cardio. I love how it makes me feel and relieves any kind of stress I may feel. However, there is nothing like a good strength training workout to make me feel super strong – physically and emotionally. I am so appreciative that my body allows me to exercise as I do.

Participating in a December to Remember? It is never too late. Add a goal that you would like to accomplish by next week. It doesn’t have to be about exercise – it can be about life in general. :)

I have stuck to my goals for the most part, getting in more fruits and veggies than I thought I would. The past 2 days I didn’t make the bed, which frazzled me a bit in the morning. I’m a nut.

Are there holiday treats being shoved in your face left and right? Unless you really love them, say no! You’d much rather have that homemade cookie or piece of pie, wouldn’t you?

Most of the time I turn down all store-bought cookies, cakes and treats. Nothin’ beats home cookin’!

This peanut butter cookie was an exception. It was huge, soft, and topped with chocolate.

cookie

I also had some of these gnocchi’s this week, because they are incredible.

gnocchi

I don’t really like tomato sauce, so I like to top my pasta with some asiago cheese.

Thanks for the gnocchi’s Barb!! Will you give me the recipe sometime? They were amazing. :)

25 Days of Workouts

Workout #10 – 5 Minute UPPER BODY

No weights needed!

20 pushups

20 burpees

30 second plank hold (let those arms rest!)

20 clap push-ups

30 seconds mountain climbers

20 triceps dips

30 second plank hold

20 burpees

10 pushups

Repeat as many times as you’d like.

Need to feel better about your upper body? Tackle this workout a few times a week and feel the burn! And remember: keep moving!

Don’t forget to play Friday Trivia tomorrow!

18 Responses to “What Are You Waiting For? + 5 Minute Upper Body Workout”

Nicci@NiftyEats — December 10, 2009 @ 6:04 pm

Ooooh, I like this workout!

Meghan@traveleatlove — December 10, 2009 @ 6:21 pm

Great workout! Anyone could fit that in!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — December 10, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

That upper body workout looks really challenging, in a good way. :) It’s hard to believe you can work so hard in 5 minutes!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 10, 2009 @ 7:40 pm

I love this post! Those gnocci do look pretty darn amazing!!

Kristie Lynn — December 10, 2009 @ 8:12 pm

I think I’m going to make it a goal to actually be able to *do* that workout. My upper body is weak!

By the way, I love the cute little cupcake icon that comes up when I go to your blog. :-D

Alison — December 10, 2009 @ 8:18 pm

Awesome workout! I’d be interested in timing myself doing 20 burpees thought…I’m willing to bet it takes about half of the entire 5 minutes :-)

katie — December 10, 2009 @ 8:33 pm

love that workout!! incorporates all important moves!

Nicole — December 11, 2009 @ 2:10 am

I don’t know what I am waiting for! I better get out there and run right now!! Thanks!

Not your husband — December 11, 2009 @ 7:30 am

I bet sometimes your hot, well-built, incredibly smart, hard-working, industrious and loving (that’s the image I get when I read your wonderful blog) husband feels overwhelmed when he has to make his own dinner. I mean, when was the last time I, err I mean “he,” had to do that? I bet he went to the fridge and there wasn’t even ground turkey to make into burgers or to brown for some meat in a pasta sauce. However, I suspect there was 87 lbs of cheese in the fridge though.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — December 11, 2009 @ 9:06 am

I am super duper busy all the time because there’s just so much I want to do in life! I get overwhelmed alot but this is good encouragement. Focusing on one day as it comes is key I think. Running always helps with stress too

Isn’t life awesome?!

Low — December 11, 2009 @ 10:26 am

That cookie looks awesome! Love your advice, doing something in the moment that makes you feel good is the best medicine for stress. For me it’s obsessively filling out my calendar :)

Kelly B. — December 11, 2009 @ 2:45 pm

The gnocci looked awesome!! And thanks for posting such a good workout. I am a cardio junkie so this looks like a workout I would like because it mixes cardio with strengh building…yay!!

Barbara Bakes — December 11, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

Sounds like a workout that I should start doing!

Kim — May 20, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

This is a topic which is close to my heart… Cheers! Exactly where are your contact details
    though?

wrinkle cream — June 23, 2013 @ 10:14 pm

Thank you for every other wonderful article. Where else may anyone get that kind of info in
    such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the look for such
    info.

Muscle Factor X Reviews — July 31, 2013 @ 7:06 pm

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This paragraph
    posted at this web page is really pleasant.

Pure Garcinia Cambogia Weight Loss — August 6, 2013 @ 1:22 pm

My spouse and I stumbled over here different page
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see
    so now i’m following you. Look forward to looking over your web page repeatedly.

1. Pingback: Friends + 5 Minute Lower Body Workout | How Sweet It Is