We have been entertaining a bit this weekend, and I always like to have a sweet treat around after we eat. Most of the time we don’t do big dinners – we just do multiple small plates that everyone shares. I love it this way – we get a little of everything, and I get to cook many different dishes to enjoy.

I really wanted to make a chocolate dessert, but went back and forth for days on what to make. I wanted something simple, but decadent. Something that would require the least amount of work and the largest amount of butter.

I decided on my oooey gooey fudgey brownies, and added a big splash of Bailey’s. That was after few swigs from the bottle, of course. I think we all know that chocolate + Bailey’s is a fabulous combination.

Bailey’s always reminds me of special occasions. Growing up, it would always be served after a party or event, or on a holiday. Not that I would personally know, because it’s not like I secretly drank Bailey’s when I was 13 or anything. Or 15. Or 18.

The brownies came out perfectly – so moist and fudgey, with just a hint of Bailey’s. An amazing addition would be a scoop of coffee ice cream.

I actually have some coffee ice cream in my freezer. It’s stuck somewhere in there with 7 bags of Trader Joe’s chicken and 10 bags of frozen veggies that I keep hoping I will someday eat.

I’m sure it will happen one day – if I am abducted by aliens.

For now, I’ll just keep piling things into the freezer until my husband has another nervous breakdown about how unorganized it is.

While I skipped the ice cream this time, the brownie just wasn’t complete without a glass on Bailey’s on the side. I actually dunked the brownie into the Bailey’s. That was incredible. Wisest thing I’ve ever done.

Well, besides the first time I ever dunked a french fry in gravy. That was wise.

Don’t judge.

Bailey’s Brownies

1 stick unsalted butter

2-3 squares baking chocolate

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Stir in Bailey’s.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 10 x 10 square cake pan).  Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done.

You guys need to make these. I can’t go on if you don’t try them. I need someone else to relish in their deliciousness with me. And I need someone else to spend their Sunday morning watching ‘The World’s Sexiest Bodies’ on E! while surrounded in a pile of brownie crumbs.

It’s perfectly normal and very motivating. I promise.

Don’t forget! You can:

Follow How Sweet It Is on Twitter

Become a fan on Facebook

Subscribe here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

102 Responses to “Bailey’s Brownies.”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — January 24, 2010 @ 8:10 am

I love Bailey’s! I’m guessing you could just substitute water for Bailey’s in any brownie recipe?

Your so right about the coffee ice cream… it would be an amazing addition!

Have a great Sunday :)

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — January 24, 2010 @ 8:25 am

Oh God – combining Bailey’s and chocolate!? Two of my most favorite things?? Freaking amazing…they look DELICIOUS!

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — January 24, 2010 @ 8:30 am

I can only imagine how good these are! They look delicious. :)

Paula — January 24, 2010 @ 8:33 am

These sound utterly incredible! I am a MAJOR Baileys fan and a major chocolate fan, so it’s the ideal combination!

Kelly — January 24, 2010 @ 8:42 am

dan was complaining about not having any sweets in the house and i told him i just made those muffins for him. he rolled his eyes and said, i need like a brownie! haha good timing!

Carly — January 24, 2010 @ 8:52 am

Can I just rip that brownie out of my computer screen?!?! Looks divine :) Bailey’s is such a fabulous addition to baked goods. For Christmas this year I made a Bailey’s and Milk Chocolate Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust and Mocha Whipped Cream. I was shocked that with 12 oz of milk chocolate the Bailey’s flavor was still prominent… amazing!

Katharine — January 24, 2010 @ 9:00 am

And I thought your PB&J muffins sounded delicious! I’m definitely adding these to the list of things to make – maybe for my next book club meeting!

Ally (Sweet & Savory) — January 24, 2010 @ 9:05 am

Yum. Who doesn’t like brownies…and then with Bailey’s none-the-less. Great recipe!

heather — January 24, 2010 @ 9:06 am

baileys in the kitchen = perfect treat for the week!

now- what can you make with crown?

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — January 24, 2010 @ 9:14 am

These are TOO perfect! My grandmothers favorite treat is Bailey’s and her birthday is coming up!

Karla — January 24, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Your brownies look perfect! How do you get them to be so fudgy looking?
    Mine always turn out really cakey when I make them from scratch!

homecookedem — January 24, 2010 @ 9:46 am

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I love brownies!! I want one right now. Yes, for brunch!! :)

Jessica, I just wanted to thank you so much for your very, very sweet comment on my latest post. It really touched my heart and means so much to me. Thank you for always being there, not only for me, but for so many other of our bloggie friends. I often notice you leaving adorable comments on other blogs and it really shows that you are such a caring and amazing woman. :)

Have a great day!! :)

Gabriela — January 24, 2010 @ 9:57 am

Love the idea of Bailey’s-dipped brownies. I once made a Guinness “car bomb” cake for a friend’s birthday: Guinness stout cake with Bailey’s buttercream (you just replace the milk in the buttercream recipe with Bailey’s). Holy yum :)

susan (stepping off the coaster) — January 24, 2010 @ 10:08 am

hey jessica! i ran across your blog a little while ago, and figured a booze + dessert posting was the perfect day for ME to say hi =)

all the delicious indulgent-ish (ish b/c obviously you’re still promoting a healthy lifestyle) recipes makes me feel kinda sinful for stopping by! haha

i look forward to reading more and getting new ideas from you as i work toward my own more balanced lifestyle!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 24, 2010 @ 10:30 am

Those brownies looks SO incredibly moist – perfection!

Nicci@NiftyEats — January 24, 2010 @ 10:32 am

Chris is addicted to brownies, I was planning on making some Vegan brownies today, but I may wait and make these….Baileys! I love baileys

Jenna — January 24, 2010 @ 10:32 am

OMG. I need to make these. Talk about heaven in every single bite. You’ve outdone yourself. Oh wait, with the dipping in the Bailey’s you outdid yourself. Amazing. :)

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — January 24, 2010 @ 10:42 am

We usually dont eat huge meals either.. just a bunch of little things here and there! Those brownies, as usual, look delish. Whenever I used to drink Baileys I would pretend I was a rich older woman..lol (im weird).

Have a great Sunday, Jessica :)

Erica — January 24, 2010 @ 11:05 am

oh my gosh! I’m sure your guests were drooooling. Love baileys. nom nom

The Candid RD — January 24, 2010 @ 11:43 am

There’s nothing like a good cup of Baileys, on ice. And of course it only gets better what you add chocolate to the mixture! I bet these are amazing. And yes, they would be perfect with a scoop of ice cream on top. Thanks for the recipe Jessica! Again, I’m drooling.

chocolate and whine — January 24, 2010 @ 11:44 am

My God. You could pretty much add Baileys to anything and I’m in. These look great!

Shelley — January 24, 2010 @ 11:47 am

sounds so gooood- bailey’s in brownies woudl probably taste awesome

Anna @ unsweetenedcocoa — January 24, 2010 @ 11:49 am

Deliciousness!!!!! Pure and simple. Two of the best flavours in the world, in a happy marriage. Sigh.

Kristen @ Change of Pace — January 24, 2010 @ 11:50 am

Oh my gosh does that sound good. Honestly though I think everything you post sounds delicious! :)

Jenny — January 24, 2010 @ 11:52 am

Oooh my mom has made Kaluha brownies before, but I bet Bailey’s is even better!

Lindsay — January 24, 2010 @ 11:57 am

bailey’s is my favorite. This recipe would be perfect with a cuppa joe as well!
    LC

Katie — January 24, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

You had me laughing out loud and reading excerpts of this post aloud to my husband.

I really do need to try these – it’s just the wise thing to do. And I usually eat dessert while watching the biggest loser, so no shame in watching E! Sexiest Bodies while eating brownies…no shame at all. ;-)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — January 24, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

Mmmmm…Bailey’s is DA BOMB!!!! :-)

Seriously though, these look very good! Happy Sunday, Jess!

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) — January 24, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

Oooh, those look heavenly!! Want :shock: Love! :D Maybe I’ll make for Valentine’s Day. With chips added, hehe.

Jenn

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — January 24, 2010 @ 1:36 pm

“I need someone else to relish in their deliciousness with me. And I need someone else to spend their Sunday morning watching ‘The World’s Sexiest Bodies’ on E! while surrounded in a pile of brownie crumbs.”

LOL! <— I mean that quite literally. You have managed to make me laugh out loud, which is quite a rarity. PROPS :)

Carolyn — January 24, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

This sound amazing! They will be perfect for my dad’s birthday! Thanks for posting such a great option for people that don’t really loooove chocolate!

Mommas Soapbox — January 24, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

I think I will make these for Hunk and I. Not sure I shouls share with the rugrats…… lol

Looks great……Baileys is YUM and brownies are just a staple food, right? So sounds like a great combo….

Lauren — January 24, 2010 @ 2:00 pm

I’ve made brownies with mint bailey’s and they were awesome! So fudgy with such a good flavor! Your pictures look great!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) — January 24, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

oooooooh YUM! They look so so good :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 24, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

holy cow. i MUST try them…i think i’ll make them this week for the office treats at work! :)

Kelly B. — January 24, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

What a fantastic combination! I love that you are showing people (especially women) that they can have their cake AND eat it too! You Rock Jess!

janetha b — January 24, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

you had me at the title. NOM NOM NOM. i don’t think i can read any moe of your treat posts until after jamaica! love ya!

Nancy aka SpicieFoodie — January 24, 2010 @ 3:24 pm

WOW!!! What else is there to say about this amazing recipe. Can’t wait to make these.

The Paris Food Blague — January 24, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

look delicious, baileys already tastes more like dessert than alcohol so…

Dimitry — January 24, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

Those look amazing I love brownies and bailey’s just add a twist that is up my alley, I’m making this today.

april — January 24, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

Mmm those look so fudgy and delicious! Too bad I’m underage ;)

And I’m a fan on facebook now! :)

miranda — January 24, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

My daughters name is bailey, so I had to take a gander! THis looks unbelievable!!!

Tiffany — January 24, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Ohmygosh. Bailey’s brownies? Hell yes!! That’s beyond amazing. It’s like mixing childhood with adulthood and coming out with something spectacular :D

Velva — January 24, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

Your oooey, gooey, Bailey’s brownies look stunning! What a great treat to serve up guests. Thanks for sharing.

Kris | iheartwellness.com — January 24, 2010 @ 5:56 pm

Beautiful!!!! These look just delicious! You need your own little cookbook girl ;)

XXOO

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 24, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

I am seriously drooling right now. Baileys. Are you familiar with a shot called A Buttery Nipple? Sorry but that’s what it’s called. Butterscotch Schnapps & Baileys. Well, I have had about a million buttery nipples in my life and I love Baileys! These brownies are going to get made, somehow. Maybe from Tasha’s recipe she just relinked today for raw vegan variety http://thevoraciousvegan.com/2009/12/01/raw-double-fudge-brownies/

And i swear girl, everywhere i go, i am always 1 or 2 comments below you :) in the ‘sphere.

Thanks for the random nails/hands compliment. I guess it’s all those veggies. And on someones blog i read that you enjoy your lard and eggs and your family lived into their 90s on this plan. WORK it. If i could do dairy, eggs, or gluten, I would be there. That was my childhood and it’s filled w/ great memories :)

Sara — January 24, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

Wow! Those looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

katie — January 24, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

yummm!! those look great! im bout to email you!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — January 24, 2010 @ 8:11 pm

You have the sweetest blog on the net. Hands down.

caronae — January 24, 2010 @ 9:26 pm

I am so not judging because, even though I don’t really like Bailey’s, those brownies sound might tasty. And might gooey :)

1. Pingback: Bloggy Bites and Shin Splints - The Doctor Takes a Wife

2. Pingback: Cappuccino Brownies. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Broccoli and Brownies « Oats N Boats ~ Smile & Glow

4. Pingback: Brownie Overload. | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies. | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: Baileys Brownies « Eating Abroad

7. Pingback: Projects Abroad Volunteers Go White Water Rafting in Sri Lanka | American River Rafting

8. Pingback: Grab Yourself a Guinness « Life as a Feast

9. Pingback: distractions. «

10. Pingback: Excuses To Shop, Thanksgiving, and Baileys. | It's Unbeweavable!

11. Pingback: Baileys brownies | Blankcrisis