A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a tastebud-tantilizing dessert – the ice cream crepe. I fill it with vanilla ice cream and topped it with pureed fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.

Then I proceeded to make 14 of them and polish them off by the end of the weekend.

Can you blame me?

So I didn’t stuff all 14 crepes with vanilla ice cream that weekend.

I stuffed some with coffee ice cream!

Starbucks Java Chip ice cream, to be exact.

Oh, and I topped them with some thick, gooey, homemade chocolate fudge sauce.

Because I do everything in life excessively.

Coffee Ice Cream Crepes

6-8 crepes

1 pint coffee ice cream

Let ice cream sit out and soften for 10-15 minutes. Scoop out 1/8-1/4 of a cup and place in the middle of the crepe. Repeat with others. Freeze for 1 hour. Top with chocolate sauce.

Recipe for Homemade Chocolate Fudge Sauce.

You don’t even want to know how good this was. So, so, so good, that I think you should drop what you are doing and go make them right this instant.

I will be over soon for dessert.

Become a fan of How Sweet It Is on Facebook!

60 Responses to “Coffee Ice Cream Crepes with Homemade Chocolate Fudge Sauce.”

megan — January 29, 2010 @ 7:35 am

umm…yum :)

did you make your own crepes?

I think I might make these this weekend!

• Jessica — January 29th, 2010 @ 7:38 am

Yes I did! Recipe will be posted eventually. :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — January 29, 2010 @ 7:37 am

Coffee ice cream is one of my favorites!

This looks so decadent!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — January 29, 2010 @ 7:40 am

Crepes are my desert weakness! Can’t wait for the recipe!

Kelly B. — January 29, 2010 @ 7:49 am

Seriously Jessica your site makes my tummy grumble every time I come here!! I love love love your recipes and I especially love that you are showing that no foods are off limits and that everything can be enjoyed in moderation as part of an active lifestyle! You are definitely a role model for women everywhere!! :)

Paige (running around normal) — January 29, 2010 @ 8:06 am

Oh I just loooove me some coffee ice cream. Looks amaze.

Jessica @ Fit Chick Wannabe — January 29, 2010 @ 8:17 am

That. Looks. Delicious.

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle — January 29, 2010 @ 8:27 am

Must you tempt me everyday?? :D I love it!!!

That Kind of Girl — January 29, 2010 @ 8:44 am

Dude, please please please have a blog giveaway where you cook a meal for the winner. I am practically drooling on my desk with these pictures.

adrienmelaine — January 29, 2010 @ 8:48 am

Heaven!

Tracy — January 29, 2010 @ 9:16 am

I don’t even know what to say in a comment because I keep scrolling up to look at the picture. Ahh, I want one! Looks so so sooo yummy! Anything with chocolate and coffee = SOLD!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 29, 2010 @ 9:31 am

i can tell you’re just trying to make us all fat :) (kidding) i love these recipes! i was totally planning on doing the chewy chocolate cookies last night but got lazy instead…sooooo, i’m hoping to make them tomorrow!

april — January 29, 2010 @ 9:54 am

Holy moly… If I lived near you I’m sure I wouldn’t have any trouble getting enough calories in..I’d eat you out of house and home! LOL

Gabriela — January 29, 2010 @ 10:20 am

Oh wow. I’ve never met a crepe I didn’t like, and both your creations look absolutely mouthwatering.

I’ve started to notice that I start every comment with “oh wow”…you have a gift girl!

Low — January 29, 2010 @ 10:24 am

Ooo I just became a fan! Because I totally am one. The crepes made me tear up a bit. Because I can’t drive to the store right now to obtain the means to make them. Tear.

Shelley — January 29, 2010 @ 10:53 am

you never fail to make posts with things that make me hungry haha..looks deliciouss! i love crepes

Melinda — January 29, 2010 @ 11:07 am

Yum. And crepes are on my to do list coming up soon.

One Healthy Apple — January 29, 2010 @ 11:08 am

Come over! I’ll make the crepes- I have a crepe maker and my mama’s Russian crepe recipe.

By the way, I have to thank you for introducing me to the good crab meat. My husband thought it was magical as he was eating it with his hands from the can!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love — January 29, 2010 @ 11:14 am

Looks amazing! I love crepes :)

MelissaNibbles — January 29, 2010 @ 11:15 am

This is funny because I just watched a show on the history of crepes the other night! I’m all about the history behind food (and fashion houses), it’s very interesting.
    Can’t wait for your recipe.

The Candid RD — January 29, 2010 @ 11:46 am

Yum. I have never tried the Starbucks ice cream because I’m always afraid it will keep me up! But, I am going to try to make my own one of these days, using decaf coffee. I just LOVE coffee ice cream, it’s two of my favorite things combined into one, who can’t love that?!

I’m hoping for a dessert similar to this for my b-day tomorrow. We’ll see what Nick ends up getting me, or what the restaurant has to offer!

Erica — January 29, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

OMG- my FIL would LOVE this- he is a huge coffee and chocolate fan! Ah! You make the tastiest looking desserts

Nicole, RD — January 29, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepes!!!!!! Nom nom nom!!!

eatingRD — January 29, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

oh my gosh, I’m drooling over here!!!!! haven’t had a crepe in ages since I worked at a frozen custard shop. oh man, they used to put frozen custard atop of crepes and it was heaven. Looks wonderful!!!!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — January 29, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

How is it that you eat sweets and goodies all the time, yet still have such a bangin’ bod?! I’d love to see a post about your daily eats one of these days :)

• Jessica — January 29th, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

Bahahah my body isn’t all that bangin’! But we never eat ALL of this stuff at once, unless we go crazy on the weekends – which happens sometimes. :) And for most recipes, I 1/2 or 1/4 the recipe so it doesn’t make alot!

I think there are some daily eats posts somewhere in the Fit Bites section.

• Jessica — January 29th, 2010 @ 12:24 pm

Oops also meant to add – these crepes were made for New Years Eve – so it has been a good 4 weeks since we ate these. :)

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — January 29, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

ohhhh gotya ;) Thanks for the quick response!

Sonja @ ActiveFoodie — January 29, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

OH MY WORD!!! This may be one of my favorite things EVER! When I was growing up my mom and grandma would makes crepes almost every Sunday. They are my favorite! Would usually eat them with jam and ground nuts, but then I discovered stuffing them with ice cream….heaven!!!!!!!!

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — January 29, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

Do you make your own crepes?? I have some really great dairy free recipes.. you reminded me! What a good Sunday breakfast idea.. you rock!

Happy Friday :)

katie — January 29, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

OHHH man Jess these looks AWESOME!

• anna katherine — April 21st, 2011 @ 11:01 am

i so know riqht,,, all of jesse’s desserts are outstanding!

Katharine — January 29, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

I’m packing a bag and moving in. Seriously. This finalized it – your food is just AMAZING.

Kloé — January 29, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

Oh my… That looks well plane sinful! I LOVE crêpes… and they are so much better than pancakes, aren’t they?

– Kloé

LC @ Let Them Eat Lentils — January 29, 2010 @ 3:51 pm

I don’t know if I ever posted before about how great your husband’s guest post was, but if not, I wanted to tell you now!! The pictures especially were really nice. I’ve been BEGGING my bf to do a guest post so maybe I just need my brother to do one first and then he’ll do it.

I’m thinking I need to get on your workout plan so I can eat AMAZING delicious things like these crepes.

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — January 29, 2010 @ 4:01 pm

I need to make some of those coffe crepes right NOW! What a great idea :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 29, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Chocolate and coffee … oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — January 29, 2010 @ 5:31 pm

you’re just a very naughty girl posting something THAT GOOD LOOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxox

tgif and rock out your weekend honey :)

Meg — January 29, 2010 @ 5:50 pm

Ummm holy coowww…I’m prettymuch drooling right now.

Chocolate is a gift from God :P

Enjoy your weekend!
    Meg

Kristi — January 29, 2010 @ 6:09 pm

Oh good LORD, you’ve outdone yourself this time. I want to make this for dinner tonight and every single meal for ever and ever.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — January 29, 2010 @ 6:46 pm

this looks so good! I can’t take one more dessert i feel like a bottomless pit of dessert this week! haha I think I can fit this in somehow though…

homecookedem — January 29, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

I want one right now!! Another gorgeous recipe!! By the way, your recipes have been popping up everywhere in the blogworld!! I always get so excited and think, ” I know her, I know her!!” I guess everyone else does too, haha! ;)

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — January 29, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

Oh yum does that look GOOD!! I’ve actually never had crepes (gasp!) but I know i’d love them as I love anything involving bready/carby things. But i’m so bad at making pancakes, I have a feeling my crepe making skills are most likely lacking too. Maybe I should find someone to make them FOR me.. now there’s an idea!

sophia — January 29, 2010 @ 8:39 pm

Um, yeah. So DAMN good. That looks disgustingly good. OMG.

janetha b — January 30, 2010 @ 12:12 am

oh my goodness. gracious. hnfwnajdksnekelds.

Jessie — January 30, 2010 @ 3:14 am

“So I didn’t stuff all 14 crepes with vanilla ice cream that weekend.

I stuffed some with coffee ice cream!”

You had me laughing out loud with that! Crepes are a nice treat to have, even by the dozen occasionally ;)

Katrina — January 30, 2010 @ 5:59 am

Guess I know what I’m having for breakfast!!

Do you ALWAYS need a crepe pan?

• Jessica — January 30th, 2010 @ 6:10 am

I didn’t use a crepe pan! Just a bigger skillet. :)

Rachel @ Working Out Wellness — January 30, 2010 @ 8:42 am

Oh my, this is making me hungry & I just ate. Way to start my day off with a craving :(

Katie — January 30, 2010 @ 12:01 pm

oh my word. I’m on my way to your house right.

(I also have to -kind of embarrassingly- admit that I had a dream that I was living at your house last night…you had a record collection and I was afraid of messing it up. Also, Lady Gaga was playing the whole time.)

Jenny — January 30, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

So crepes is what it takes to hang out with you in person?–I’m on it! ;)

Coffee ice cream is divine!

eliza — January 30, 2010 @ 1:14 pm

Just wanted to let you know I did your Combo leg work out and just wanted to let you know it killed me! Love IT! THANKS.

P.S do you really, actually eat all the yummy-ness you make? Or are you like Giada and take one bite and spit? Hahaha ;)

Spiceaholic — January 30, 2010 @ 1:17 pm

Oh my goodness those sound so good!

Eliza — January 31, 2010 @ 8:25 pm

ahh…i must try this soon! what a great idea. totally a recipe worth de-lurking for! love your blog!

Anna @ unsweetenedcocoa — February 1, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

Those look ok.

Joking…….!!! That looks a-maz-ing. I LOVE crepes and hot fudge and ice cream and fresh fruit–how brilliant to combine them all into one. I’d eat 14, too.

1. Pingback: Grilled Banana Crepes with Fresh Strawberry Cream. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Gnocchi in a Balsamic Reduction Sauce | How Sweet It Is