Peace.

Early this morning, my beloved grandmother suddenly passed away.

I feel like my breath has been taken from me. She was the perfect wife, mother, grandmother, friend, and lived only to serve others.

I can only hope that one day I can live up to be half of the woman she was. I am grateful that we never watched her suffer. I know God has a plan for us all and that she is truly at peace now.

126 Responses to “Peace.”

Melissa — February 16, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep your grandmother, you, and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Natalie — February 16, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to your family during this difficult time. KellyB was right in saying the blogging community is thinking of you. You’re in my prayers.

Marisa (Loser for Life) — February 16, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

Oh Jessica, so so sorry for your loss :( Hugs to you and your family.

Sonja @ ActiveFoodie — February 16, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

So sorry to hear about your grandma :( my thoughts are with you

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — February 16, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Scorpio Woman — February 16, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

Morgan — February 16, 2010 @ 6:21 pm

Oh Jess, I’m so sorry.
    My thoughts are with you and your family

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 16, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma. I am sending some hugs your way.

Pure2Raw Twins — February 16, 2010 @ 6:39 pm

So sorry for your lost! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Sending you lots of hugs! :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 16, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

jess, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with your family right now.

xoxo

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) — February 16, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

No! I can’t believe it. I’m so terribly sorry. Losing someone is never, ever easy and I think that it’s worse when it is sudden because you do not have time to prepare and say your good-byes. I hope that your family will pull together and be stronger in the end. I’m sooo very sorry, Jessica. I’ll be thinking of you and your lovely grandmother, and your whole family.

Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats — February 16, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

Ugh, Jessica, I am so, so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

MelissaNibbles — February 16, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

I’m so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Jenny — February 16, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

I am so sorry, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God does have a plan for us all, and He will be with all of you during this difficult time. Take care.

Jenny

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — February 16, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

Oh no Jessica – I’m so sorry to hear about your loss – I’m thinking of you and your family during this time.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — February 16, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

OMG my condolences and deepest sympathy to you and your family, Jessica. I know how you spoke of her, wrote about her, emulated her recipes…I am so deeply sorry for you. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, you can always lean on mine :)
    Love to you and yours,
    averie

Stephanie — February 16, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

Oh honey, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones at this difficult time.

suzanne — February 16, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very sad time.

Sarah — February 16, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Erica @ Fashion meets Food — February 16, 2010 @ 7:46 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

april — February 16, 2010 @ 7:55 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Jessica!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — February 16, 2010 @ 8:27 pm

You will be in my prayers.

Hannah — February 16, 2010 @ 8:36 pm

Oh goodness, dear. Stay strong, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — February 16, 2010 @ 8:40 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts. Take care and stay strong.

Fit Chick in the City — February 16, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

Aw sweets, I’m so sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts. (Big hug)

Bianca @south bay rants n raves — February 16, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

Jessica I am truly sorry for your loss!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — February 17, 2010 @ 5:40 am

I am so sorry sweetheart. Go and celebrate her life and know that we are sending you prayers of strength, understanding, and peace.

xo!

Julie — February 17, 2010 @ 7:21 am

I’m so sorry for your loss :( you are in my thoughs

marla {family fresh cooking} — February 17, 2010 @ 7:21 am

I am so very sorry to read about your beautiful grandmother. Take care of yourself and think about the love you both shared. The bond we have with our grandparents lasts forever, whether they are with us on this earth or not. xxoo

Jeni — February 17, 2010 @ 7:39 am

Sweetie, I’m sorry. I know how hard it is. I lost my Nanny in 2003 and it still sneaks up on me sometimes. They may be gone but their love for us lasts forever.

Angela — February 17, 2010 @ 9:22 am

So sorry for your loss :(

Blond Duck — February 17, 2010 @ 10:39 am

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you today.

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — February 17, 2010 @ 10:50 am

Jessica, I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

emily — February 17, 2010 @ 11:05 am

I am so sorry for your bad news, but your outlook is wonderful. I’ll keep your family in my thoughts.

Paige (running around normal) — February 17, 2010 @ 11:31 am

I am so so sorry to hear this Jessica :( You can tell she was a very loved woman. My thoughts and prayers are with you are your family.

Katie — February 17, 2010 @ 11:47 am

What you wrote about your grandmother was so thoughtful and sweet that I am sitting at my desk crying.

I’ve said it before, but you are such a compelling writer, and your words and sentiments matched my own feelings of my 93 year old grandmother – the only grandparent that I have left. I cannot imagine the day that she leaves me, but I LOVED hearing your memories and thoughts about yours. Hang in there!

Jamie (Food in Real Life) — February 17, 2010 @ 12:16 pm

So sorry for your loss. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jessica @ Fit Chick Wannabe — February 17, 2010 @ 12:33 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Katrina — February 17, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

So sorry for your loss. You’re in my thoughts.

Crystal — February 17, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you!

megan — February 17, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

Jessica, I’m so sorry. it’s so hard to lose those we love. It’s the worst pain I think you can feel. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you!

Kerry — February 17, 2010 @ 4:18 pm

I’ve been a fan of your site for a few months now, but this is my first post. I just wanted to let you know that I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I lost a loved one recently, and someone shared this quote with me:

“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, LOVE leaves a memory no one can steal.”

May you find comfort in the many wonderful memories of your grandmother, and know that you will always carry her in your heart.

Light Delight with TouTou — February 17, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Jessica I am so sorry for your loss. Hope she is at peace now. Hug!

LindsayRuns — February 17, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

so sorry for your loss…

Barbara Braun — February 17, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

Jessica:

I am very blessed to have known your grandmother ……what a wonderful gift she was to the world.

Anyone who knew her, loved her.

Jess, you do not realize it , but you are very much like grandma Merchant.
    Your kindness, your love for helping people, your warm hospitable way about you, has been passed down from grandma, dad ,now you.

Grandma loved YOU very much….you will always have a Guardian Angel.

God Bless YOU…..Love You……barb

eliza — February 17, 2010 @ 5:30 pm

Hi, sorry about your huge loss. My mimi died a year and a half ago and sometimes I like to think she is being the wonderful grammy she was to me to someone else in heaven. I know she is.

Chrysta — February 17, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Im so sorry sweetie!! Take care of yourself and your family during this time. I wish you the best.

Lara (Thinspired) — February 17, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Oh Jessica, I am so sorry to read this. I lost my grandmother last summer and it was so very tough. What a beautiful photo and a lovely tribute to her. xox

Karla — February 17, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts are with you and your family.

One Healthy Apple — February 17, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the memories warm your heart and help you heal.

Take care.