More brownies!

It seems that I can’t get through one full week without trying a new brownie combination.

Just wait until you see the next one I am going to experiment with. . .

These are super simple. I used my go-to brownie recipe, and just added a few Oreos.

You could even do the same with boxed brownies. Just make the frosting and add some more cookies.

I only frosted a few because I just don’t love frosting on brownies. Mr. How Sweet really enjoyed the frosted ones.

If you waste a good 3/4 of your day on Twitter like I do, you will know that last night Mr. How Sweet brought me home a dozen hot pink roses.

I didn’t make him dinner, my half-unpacked mess is strewn in 4 different rooms, and I was in holey sweat pants once he got home. Oh yes, and I was half asleep while he professed his undying love to me. And I just continued to lay there.

Sounds eerily similar to the night he proposed.

Good thing there were brownies on the counter. As my dad says, marriage is rarely 50/50.

The cookies somewhat melted into the batter once baked, but if you look closely you can see some cookies inside the brownies. That is the best part.

The frosting is the same frosting I used for the cookies and cream cupcakes. It is creamy, delicious, and looks like ice cream. Can’t beat that.

I think out of all the brownies I have made in the past few months, these ones may be the best.

I love the texture. Chewy, gooey brownies + crunchy cookies.

Cookies and Cream Brownies

2-3 squares baking chocolate

1/2 lb butter

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

8 Oreo cookies, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in cookie crumbles.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 8 x 8 square cake pan).  Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done. Cool before frosting.

*I changed this recipe slightly from my other brownie posts, so if you have recently tried it, try adding 2 more eggs!

Cookies and Cream Frosting

2 sticks butter, softened

1 1/2 – 2 lbs powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1-2 tablespoons milk

10 Oreo cookies

Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix. Add vanilla. Mix in milk, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.

I don’t think these brownies will last another evening in our house. Ha, who am I kidding? They may not even last until Mr. How Sweet gets home.

Now, I need to find some spectacular recipe to make for dinner tonight. And remind Mr. How Sweet that he married someone 10 years younger, not an old granny.

91 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Brownies.”

Shannon (The Daily Balance) — March 24, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

can i come over?

don’t answer that … i’m on my way ;)

Ashley — March 24, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

I looked a MESS when chris got home from work today..not to mention being sick…I wanted to tell him “cover your eyes..you don’t want to see this mess” lol…I finally showered ;)

Cheryl — March 24, 2010 @ 7:19 pm

Yum as usual! And again as usual, love the personal story:) What did you make for dinner? And girl, my husband, if he gets home from work after me, usually comes home to find me in yellow and pink flannel pj bottoms, a tinkerbell hoodie, and purple slippers! And we haven’t even been married a year yet;)

Nicole — March 24, 2010 @ 8:02 pm

Thanks for your sweet comment the other day, Jess! If I gain more weight after making these babies, I’m comin’ after you! They look amazing!!!!!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 24, 2010 @ 8:13 pm

I love how moist your brownies/ cakes always look … how do you know if they are “just barely done?” … because that is how I like them.

marla {family fresh cooking} — March 24, 2010 @ 8:24 pm

Of course these are the best!!
    “Chewy, gooey brownies + crunchy cookies.” All the essential elements are stated right there. Love the idea of the cookie crunch. Wait until you have kids…the romance is even more hard to come by :)

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — March 24, 2010 @ 9:48 pm

I was salivating after the first picture…then after reading the recipe and seeing more pictures I am craving these!!!!!

Jessica — March 24, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

What a fun brownie recipe – I love the addition of oreos. I love the sweatpants even more.

Jenn (j3nn.net) — March 25, 2010 @ 1:48 am

I just salivated on my keyboard LOL. Cookies and cream icing looks soooooooooo goood! Aaaaaaaah :D

Jenn

Fit Chick in the City — March 25, 2010 @ 4:09 am

I love homemade brownies a little too much. That’s why I make them like once a year. Growing up I didn’t even know that people ate brownies without frosting.

shelly (cookies and cups) — March 25, 2010 @ 5:26 am

they look great…i’ll take one with frosting please ;)

Kacy — March 25, 2010 @ 5:44 am

Awww, I want a Mr. Low and Behold. If only to get flowers from him and ignore him afterwards ;)

Pure2raw twins — March 25, 2010 @ 7:41 am

Oh roses…hot pink, nice work Mr. How Sweet!

And this recipe…YUM!!! We are going to have to try this ; )

Baking is my Zen — March 25, 2010 @ 10:07 am

Chewy, gooey & crunchy…you’ve got my attention! These look so delicious. On my to do list for sure!

Carmen

stephchows — March 25, 2010 @ 10:32 am

That frosting looks like I could reach and grab some off my screen :)

Amanda — March 25, 2010 @ 12:41 pm

Looks fantastic girl!!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — March 26, 2010 @ 6:20 am

Ooooh yum! Love the idea to add oreos to your brownies. You’re just brilliant. They wouldn’t last more than a day in my house, either.

kelly — April 7, 2010 @ 9:20 am

umm yeah, you’re definitely bringing these when we have you over for dinner, haha!

Jessica — April 7, 2010 @ 9:34 am

I have to make these. With frosting. Tonight. YUM! OK…so you made the recipe as printed but used an 8×8? No measurement changes?

mav — July 13, 2010 @ 11:12 pm

hi~ when you say 1tsp vanilla, you mean vanilla extract, correct? thanks :)

miriam — October 16, 2010 @ 2:51 pm

that looks delicious…can i ask, for religious reasons i can not use vanilla extract (b/c of the alcohol), could you tell me what i could substitute for that?

• Jessica — October 17th, 2010 @ 6:13 pm

You can use vanilla bean pasta or vanilla beans from the pods. Or just skip it – you won’t really notice a huge difference.

Melanie — April 8, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

Quick question…does this recipe call for a total of 6 eggs ( with the suggestion of adding two more eggs ) or is it still a total of 4 eggs? Thanks!

Miriam — August 6, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Just made these and they tasted amazing, only problem was that mine came out looking really lighter (light brown) not dark like the pics. Other than color everything was great, but I didn’t have any butter to make the frosting… Too lazy to go to the store, maybe today I will eat just the frosting since the brownies have been pretty much devoured in minutes. Thanks for the great recipe and I used the alcohol free trader joes vanilla.

Jac — September 12, 2011 @ 3:05 am

2-3 squares of baking choc means the “square” which u break off the bar and not 2-3 bars right

Lindy — October 2, 2011 @ 7:11 pm

Hi Jessica,

I would love to make this recipe! It look delicious :) Just a quick question:
    How many ounces or grams is a square of baking chocolate?
    I’m from Europe and I have no idea how many baking chocolate I need to have on hands here.
    According to Mr. Google 2 squares equals 2 ounces? Is that correct?
    Thx!
    Lindy

Liz — November 15, 2011 @ 8:16 pm

I made this today for my husband to take into his fellow law students and they were a huge hit! Supposedly they were gone in like four minutes! No joke. I actually make a lot of your stuff for them and they always rave about it. Thanks for the amazing recipes!

Kerrin — February 2, 2012 @ 10:35 pm

Just wanted to clarify…..is this the ooey gooey recipe with oreos instead of marshmallows? ooey gooey calls for 1/2 cup of butter and this one says 1/2 lb. thanks for the help!

Sonia — February 11, 2012 @ 10:50 am

Sweet. Found my valentine sweets! Thank you, he is going to love these :)

Diana Gonzalez — June 17, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

hi, i had the same question that Lindy “How many ounces or grams is a square of baking chocolate?
    I have no idea how many baking chocolate I need to have on hands here.
    According to Mr. Google 2 squares equals 2 ounces? Is that correct?” :( I´m from Venezuela.

valeria — July 10, 2012 @ 9:23 am

just to be sure, 2 LBS of powdered sugar? that much???, im not sure what lbs means in english, but in spanish lbs is short for libras, which is a pounds. So, 2 pounds of powdered sugar for the icing alone??

Snoelle — August 22, 2012 @ 12:26 am

I made these ultra rich and delicious brownies today for a birthday party…. WOW! I wasn’t sure what to expect when I tested the batter (which by the way, I used 6 eggs)… as it was VERY sugary… and different in batter consistency from the chocolate peanut butter bars I’ve gotten used to making… I gave it a shot, cooked them, iced them, and OMG… they were an enormous hit… I made them along with the chocolate peanut butter bars and everyone raved… I felt like a culinary master… thank you so much for all the amazing recipes! They NEVER let me down :)

Megs — September 22, 2013 @ 8:32 pm

I’ve tried this recipe twice and messed it up both times :( Yours look amazing!