It’s no secret that I really hate vegetables.

I especially hate vegetables that I have to cook. When I cook them myself, they always taste disgusting.

When I get them out at a restaurant, they are occasionally delicious.

I’m quite sure that has nothing to do with the massive amounts of salt and the butter puddle they sit in . . .

But who wants to hold the butter? That isn’t any fun.

I’ve whined about my distaste for veggies for some time.

A few years ago, one of my clients told me to roast cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. She claimed it almost smelled like popcorn when it was roasting, and was just incredibly delicious.

I don’t know if I’d use the word ‘incredible’ . . . but it is tasty.

I came up with this dip because Mr. How Sweet and I overdosed on roasted cauliflower a few years ago. After my client had suggested roasting it, we binged on cauliflower for 6 weeks straight.

That may sound healthy, right? I don’t remember, but I most likely had chocolate bar in my other hand. Everyone likes the sweet and savory combo.

The key to ‘crispy’ cauliflower is to roast it at a high temperature – I do it at 425. I’m sure there are some other secrets, but that is mine.

You also have to eat it almost immediately. After a while, it can get a bit soggy. It is still delicious, just soggy.

The dip is just a fabulous treat.

It is cheesey, but has that parmesan-tang to it.

I am thinking it would be a an excellent addition to most vegetables.

And bread.

Because honestly, I’m thinking more of the bread and crackers that I can dip in it than I am about celery and carrots.

Crispy Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower

2 tablespoon olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray

salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425.

Chop cauliflower into small florets and place on baking sheet. Drizzle oil or spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper.

Roast for 45 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating baking sheet after 20 minutes.

Hot Parmesan Dip

4 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup plain, greek yogurt

1 tablespoon parsley

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven t0 375.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together or mix with an electric mixer. Spoon into a small ramekin and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.

I still like the roasted cauliflower on it’s own occasionally. When I say ‘occasionally’, I really mean about once every few weeks.

And when I say ‘like’, I mean I can have about 3-4 bites before getting sick of it.

Unless it is drenched in this creamy dip. Then I love it.

Of course.

78 Responses to “Crispy Cauliflower with Hot Parmesan Dip.”

shelly (cookies and cups) — March 23, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

i haven’t ever roasted cauliflower, but I am for sure gonna now! 6 weeks is a long binge ;)
    the dip looks great too!

april — March 23, 2010 @ 6:35 pm

What a great idea! Cauliflower is one of those amazing veggies.. have you ever tried fake mashed potatoes? It’s so good!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — March 23, 2010 @ 6:41 pm

You and vegetables….it’s a relationship that seriously cracks me up :P I really think that you’re coming a long way! I won’t lie – vegetables smothered in cheese, butter, and/or bacon definitely go down *much* easier….

Cheryl — March 23, 2010 @ 6:51 pm

i’ve never roasted cauliflower! have you ever tried it with broccoli and some kind of cheese dip?

raina @ The Garden of Yum — March 23, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

Looks really good. I think I would really like cauliflower cooked like that.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 23, 2010 @ 7:53 pm

your method for roasting cauli is perfect to help scott & skylar eat more of it…i love it raw but that’s one veggie that they both reallllly dont like raw, at all. the roasting = perfect. great method. HOT and fast.

will reply to your email later on :)

Katie — March 23, 2010 @ 10:19 pm

You’ve been eating more veggies lately – I think you secretly like them and you just don’t want your veggie relationship to go public. ;-)

That being said, I LOVE it. I love cauliflower, and ALL veggies are best roasted in my opinion. The crispier the better!

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble — March 23, 2010 @ 10:42 pm

I love veggies so that cauliflower looks great! I also LOVE cream cheese so that dip looks dangerously good!!! I need to find a way to adjust it to MORE greek yogurt, less cheese! Can’t wait to experiment!

Shannon — March 24, 2010 @ 4:52 am

I actually really love cauliflower. I am going to need to try this recipe!

The Paris Food Blague — March 24, 2010 @ 5:24 am

looks lovely, never roasted cauliflower before surprisingly enough. will have to try

a bientot
    the Paris Food Blague

ashley — March 24, 2010 @ 6:33 am

oh goodness! i love roasted cauliflower but Parmesan dip?! I bet that’s fabulously delish with the cauliflower! looks great!

Allie (Protein Girl) — March 24, 2010 @ 7:14 am

Dude, do I spy vegetables on your plate?

Patricia — March 24, 2010 @ 7:20 am

I love roasted cauliflower! And that dip! I really have to try that! I’ll probably overdose too when I make it. Thanks for the recipe!

One Healthy Apple — March 24, 2010 @ 8:15 am

This looks delightful but I’m still confused. Why do I see veggies in my beloved sugar haven? I’ll let this one slide.

Amanda — March 24, 2010 @ 8:16 am

Cant WAIT to try this when we have some in the garden… hubby will love it! (and me too)

Hilary — March 24, 2010 @ 8:48 am

That dip looks fabulous! We love roasted cauliflower and that’s the perfect way to kick it up a notch.

Gliding Calm — March 24, 2010 @ 5:25 pm

i want to eat everything that comes out of your kitchen and off your little mixing beaters.

so wish you were my neighbor!!

marla {family fresh cooking} — March 24, 2010 @ 8:27 pm

I love roasted veggies….so no hard sell over here. My dip is usually salsa, but I could go for this parmesan one. Nice addition of greek yogurt :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — March 25, 2010 @ 10:01 pm

Looks incredible. I’m always a fan of roasting cauliflower, but I have never made it with a dip before. That’s brilliant.

Maxie — March 30, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

Oh YUM. I’m a sucker for anything with cauliflower.

Allie (Protein Girl) — April 4, 2010 @ 8:54 am

This inspired me.

Last night I made a huge raw crudite tray while roasting broccoli and cauliflower. Used some of the roasted broccoli in the food processor with two kinds of tofu (silken and firm), one egg, lite sour cream, some parmesan and teensy bit of cheddar, mushrooms and onions sauteed in olive oil and sherry – pureed it all, topped with more sauteed onions and cheese, baked it and proceeded to CHOW DOWN with both roasted and raw veggies.

Sara — March 28, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

I just made this and it was heavenly I love veggies but espescially if they are crispy like the culiflower

Nat - The Precious Things — August 22, 2011 @ 10:12 am

Shit, your recipes all just sound too good! I have already printed 6 of them and I’m not even through the snacks section. Luckily I can hide in wide winter jumpers again soon.