There is not a better combination out there than banana + peanut butter.

Well, maybe peanut butter + chocolate or chocolate + sea salt. But banana + peanut butter is a combo that allows me to fit into my pants the next day.

When my dad was younger, he and my grandfather used to eat peanut butter + pickle sandwiches.

Yeah . . . that’s a bit much for me.

The furthest I go is chocolate + bacon.

Gosh, I can’t wait until Lent is over.

These muffins came out super moist and dense, just like banana bread, and the peanut butter chips melted slightly.

Each bite had a giant chunk of peanut butter inside. Talk about satisfying!

These were basically my dream muffins.

I considered slathering each muffin with a bit more peanut butter when it was warm, but decided the ratio of banana to peanut butter was perfect already.

Instead, I spread some organic butter on it and let it melt. Best decision I made all weekend.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins

adapted from allrecipes

makes 12-15 muffins

1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup peanut butter morsel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins

Mix sugar, applesauce, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Fold in peanut butter chips. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.

Mr. How Sweet doesn’t like banana bread. I know, seriously, what planet did he come from?

Sometimes I wish I could send him back there – maybe his fellow aliens all have moustache’s, too.

Speaking of moustache’s, Mr. How Sweet came home Friday and tried to bribe me with some Godiva truffles.

The truffles were delicious, but they didn’t provide the beer goggles that I need to smooch Mr. How Sweet when he has a moustache.

I may provide you with a picture of the crustache in the near future. I never thought the darn thing would last more than a week. I really thought Mr. How Sweet would shave before he starved.

Plus, I usually get my way. But he is stubborn.

So what is your verdict? Think he’s still sportin’ the crustache?

71 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins.”

janetha b — March 8, 2010 @ 8:13 pm

hey gorgeous! the muffins look fantastic. especially when you open them up and cover them in butter. mr how sweet needs a wake up call! haha, i kid. anyway, i have missed you!! xoxo

Pure2raw twins — March 8, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

The muffin looks so moist…YUM.

marla {family fresh cooking} — March 8, 2010 @ 9:41 pm

These muffins look great, especially the close up with the butter. I would have each one warmed up with the extra PB too :)

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} — March 8, 2010 @ 11:11 pm

two great tastes all rolled into one-it sounds delicious!

Jenn (www.j3nn.net) — March 9, 2010 @ 12:57 am

I don’t think anything beats sweet and salty. Bacon and peanut butter sandwiches are yummy, too.

Your muffins look deeeeeeeelish. I don’t think my hubby cares for banana flavored things, either. He likes bananas, just on their own I guess. Such a weirdo. :D

I think Mr. How Sweet shaved it!

Jenn

Shannon — March 9, 2010 @ 4:14 am

Banana and pb is absolutely the best combo! I often have had a slice of banana bread with pb spread on top. But I have never thought to put the pb in the bread itself.

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — March 9, 2010 @ 5:38 am

I must send this to my 16 year old niece Ali…she’s quite the little baker, too! You’d love her up!

shelly (cookies and cups) — March 9, 2010 @ 6:06 am

Oh wow! YUMMM! I guess this is what we are having for Saturday morning breakfast!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — March 9, 2010 @ 6:48 am

I have never heard of pickles and PB but now my mind is wondering if its really that good?….guess there’s only one way to find out! TRY IT!

Jessie — March 9, 2010 @ 7:04 am

Peanut butter chips?? *droooool* I can’t believe Mr. Sweet doesn’t like banana bread! Peter used to deman– er, sweetly request banana bread at the beginning of each week for breakfast ;) These muffins look sooo good!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — March 9, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

These muffins look spectacular. I think I might need to keep them a secret from my hubby, though, because I have a feeling he will start demanding that I make them for breakfast every day!

katie — March 9, 2010 @ 7:07 pm

OHH JESS!! yUMMMMM!
    PS how i make my chocolate oats is on my new recipe page!!

betty — March 10, 2010 @ 9:45 pm

oh yum these look gorgeous!

Gliding Calm — March 11, 2010 @ 7:25 am

dear golly.
    can i have one!? now?!
    k thanks.

ill take a popover as well. :)

1. Pingback: Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins. | How Sweet It Is