These truffles might be life-changing.

They are so fabulously delicious, that when I look at them I can barely think straight.

And dare I say, they aren’t exactly terrible for you?

I mean, I used natural peanut butter. And a sprinkling of pretzels. And you could use dark chocolate as a coating.

I, of course, used the milkiest of milk chocolates I could find.

Mr. How Sweet thoroughly enjoyed the truffles.

He took down a few plate-ful’s of them, in an effort to gain back the small person he lost last week when he was sick. Men. If only I needed to eat truffles to gain weight. My life would be so much more exciting.

And decadent.

My brother loved the truffles, too. He took down about 6 of them before dinner.

Which isn’t saying much, since he lives in one of those bachelor pads where consuming beer and chicken wings is required before chocolate and peanut butter.

These truffles satisfy the sweet and salty craving all in one.

Is there a better combination that peanut butter and chocolate? If so, it must only be peanut butter, chocolate, and salt.

Salt in the form of crunchy pretzels.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles

from Eating Well

1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used Naturally More, so the flaxseeds gave it more crunch, too.)
1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted

Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.

Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour. Roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.

Mr. How Sweet loved the truffles so much that he almost ate them for dinner in place of his 12-ounce chicken breast.

Ok. I’m lying. He didn’t love them that much. Nothing stands in the way of his protein.

Still . . . they are really tasty.

134 Responses to “Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles.”

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — April 20, 2010 @ 4:20 am

Peanut butter and pretzels? I mean, that sounds downright HEALTHY to me, right? Which means I can eat like, twenty of them, right? :-)

Julie — April 20, 2010 @ 4:20 am

Your posts always have me laughing…and these look delicious!

Regan — April 20, 2010 @ 4:26 am

I seriously can’t wait to try these! I think I’m going to try dark chocolate for an even healthier version.

Marisa (Loser for Life) — April 20, 2010 @ 4:26 am

Wow, peanut butter, pretzels AND chocolate?! What is not to LOVE! Yum!

My Delicious — April 20, 2010 @ 4:30 am

yum! fruffles with peanut butter must be delicious! these looks awesome!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — April 20, 2010 @ 4:30 am

YUM! Seriously, that combination was made for each other! Oh and there is nothing wrong with having them as a side dish to that chicken breast…right?!

Sherrie — April 20, 2010 @ 4:31 am

Those look amazing.

Ashley — April 20, 2010 @ 4:32 am

girl, check my blog. next time youre in baltimore, we’re getting it.

Erica — April 20, 2010 @ 4:35 am

Ow! They look so incredibly delicious when broken open! A great treat.

Cassie — April 20, 2010 @ 4:35 am

Yet again, you’ve made me a VERY happy person. :)
    These look AWESOME. Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my FAVOURITE treats. Add in peanut butter? I’m in heaven.
    We seem to have similar taste buds :P

homecookedem — April 20, 2010 @ 4:41 am

I wouldn’t be able to think straight around those little lovelies either!! Yum, yum, YUM!!

Wei-Wei — April 20, 2010 @ 4:54 am

Holy YUM! I wish somebody would tell Reese’s about this combination already…

Peanut butter + chocolate + salted pretzels = HEAVEN in a truffle (or not, if you stick a spoon in a peanut butter jar, sprinkle chocolate chips on top and eat a pretzel at the same time… then I guess you could have as much heaven as you want)

I love your blog by the way! You have such a SWEET personality ;)

Wei-Wei

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:17 am

Thank you! :)

julia — April 20, 2010 @ 4:54 am

YUM! I love the salty sweet combo! And anything with peanut butter, I’m sold.

Jil — April 20, 2010 @ 5:12 am

Ummm, I think my life is complete!! These look unbelievable!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — April 20, 2010 @ 5:24 am

I love how these things only have 3 ingredients! And the look so professional. I have a feeling that mine won’t be turning out so pretty, but they will be worth a try!!!

April — April 20, 2010 @ 5:25 am

I always love your food pictures and the things you make. You hit it out of the park with this one so I had to comment :)

Ally @ Sweet & Savory — April 20, 2010 @ 5:29 am

I am definitely bookmarking this one! I’m having a dinner party with some girlfriends next week and this would be a great parting gift for them!

Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle — April 20, 2010 @ 5:31 am

I love the simple ingredient list for something that sounds so incredible and decadent. Must try these.

MelissaNibbles — April 20, 2010 @ 5:38 am

Delicious! Please come out with a cookbook!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 20, 2010 @ 5:48 am

they sound amazing! i don’t even like pretzels, (i know, i know) and i would totally go fat kid on these!

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:16 am

I don’t really like pretzels either – too dry for me. But with peanut butter and chocolate? I’m game.

Angela @ A Healthy Fit — April 20, 2010 @ 6:03 am

I think I just gained 5lbs looking at these. Get in my belly!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — April 20, 2010 @ 6:08 am

These sound incredible!! I LOVE PB & Pretzels… AND CHOCOLATE makes it even better!!!

Erica — April 20, 2010 @ 6:09 am

I love anything peanut butter and these look great! I need to stop reading your post so early in the morning as I get so hungry afterwards haha!

The Chocolate Priestess — April 20, 2010 @ 6:20 am

I tried making truffles for Christmas 2009 — my first time wasn’t so great, partly I’ll say because the instructions weren’t very clear. I should have asked you to make them.

If anyone is in the USA or Canada, this week on my blog we are hosting a contest to win a hot chocolate maker.

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:15 am

Regular truffles are a challenge for me, too!

Heather — April 20, 2010 @ 6:30 am

these seem to be the PERFECT TREAT to wrap up in little sweet packages and send to ladies that just had babies.

in other words,
    I am looking for suggestions of treats to make my dear friend danielle, so that when she has all of 13 seconds to her self she can enjoy a little treat.

All other suggestions from you, oh great treat creator, would be greatly appreciated.

And how long do you think these would keep?

i also jsut imagined making these with almond butter and dark chocolate and one single tear of pride (the good kind, not the kind that needs humility) rolled down my cheek. oh, dear.

DessertForTwo — April 20, 2010 @ 6:32 am

If the recipe is from Eating Well, it’s healthy right? :)

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — April 20, 2010 @ 6:45 am

Oh hell yes! Chocolate covered preztels are my favorite thing!!

brandi — April 20, 2010 @ 6:46 am

ah…why do I always look here at 10 am?!? now i’m hungry again :)

Midgetkeeper — April 20, 2010 @ 6:48 am

Oh yum! I love chocolate covered pretzels, so much I can’t keep them in the house.

megan — April 20, 2010 @ 6:55 am

these look so good! I love peanut butter and chocolate. (who doesn’t?)

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — April 20, 2010 @ 7:01 am

Ahhhh! You have totally outdone yourself. Gee, haven’t I said that before? Like, every day? :wink:

Amanda — April 20, 2010 @ 7:04 am

I’m totally making these for my mom for Mother’s Day. She loves salty and sweet things like peanut butter filled-chocolate covered pretzels, so why not bring them to her in a new form. That, and she’ll actually be on a trip to Cancun with my step-dad over Mother’s Day, so her absence will give me the perfect amount of time to “taste test them”.

vanillasugar — April 20, 2010 @ 7:09 am

oh i so cannot make these; i would devour them all. i am a sweet & salty junkie.

Jacquie — April 20, 2010 @ 7:09 am

A woman after my own heart! These look amazing and I’m thinking will be a great post-graduation treat :)

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:14 am

Bacon would probably make them better!! :)

• Jacquie — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:21 am

Well obviously! You have to find a way to make your own version of Vosges’ Mo’s Bacon Bar because that, my friend, would be a delightful addition to the pantry and recipes without the store-bought price.

Christy — April 20, 2010 @ 7:23 am

OH MY LORD. These sound absolutely DIVINE!!!
    I should surprise my man with these tomorrow night when we are KID-FREE for a night! :D

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — April 20, 2010 @ 7:23 am

TWO THUMBS WAAAAY up for this recipe! i just ate my body weight in pb pretzels yesterday & forgot how great that combo is! throw some chocolate in the mix & it’s like heaven! thanks for this recipe!!

stephchows — April 20, 2010 @ 7:26 am

OMG!!! wow those look good!!

Nicole @ making good choices — April 20, 2010 @ 7:30 am

Oh my god I am making these asap. How do you think of these amazing things!!

Kerry — April 20, 2010 @ 7:36 am

These sound delicious! I am going to try them right away. Thanks for sharing!! ; )

Kacy — April 20, 2010 @ 7:40 am

All I can do right now is grunt and make sex noises. I have no words.

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 7:45 am

LOL. This is why I love you.

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness — April 20, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Oh my gosh, I’m loving this recipe. I am a major PB chocolate fan.. and I may have down a big bag of chocolate covered PB pretzels in the past.. just maybe. But these sound pretty simple to make. yum :)

Jennifer (take the day off) — April 20, 2010 @ 8:01 am

These look amazing! I love that they are made from ingredients I already have lying around.

And if they were inspired by an Eating Well recipe, well then they must be healthy, right?

Yum Yucky — April 20, 2010 @ 8:42 am

I shall hold you captive in my basement! You can only come out (in chains) to cook my family dinner and bake delectable goodness. But as a bonus, I’ll trap your husband in there with you.

• Jessica — April 20th, 2010 @ 8:45 am

A bonus for who? You? Or me? Because I’m not sure if trapping me in a basement with my husband would be a bonus for ME.

He’d get hangry in 5 minutes.

april — April 20, 2010 @ 8:46 am

Oh man, you have me drooling!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — April 20, 2010 @ 8:54 am

Your recipes always make me do a mental inventory of what I have in my kitchen. These might have to happen tonight….

You seriously are the devil! :) I am for sure making these and maybe even tonight!!!

~Christie

adrienmelaine — April 20, 2010 @ 9:07 am

Oh- those are definitely a health food- if you did dark chocolate and peanut butter you’re basically hitting all three food groups- with a side of antioxidants.

Love it!

Camille — April 20, 2010 @ 9:14 am

Oh my god, why does your chocolate always make me feel like I need to eat chocolate right now or I will die?

I work at a frozen yogurt shop and we have pretzels as a topping and people always come up to me saying it is such a weird combination, the salty and sweet, and every time I assure them that it is hands down the most delicious topping we have and that I eat it all the time!
    Good call!

Abby — April 20, 2010 @ 9:35 am

Oh my goodness. Your husband is the luckiest man on earth.

Maria — April 20, 2010 @ 9:41 am

I NEED to make these! YUM!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Real Simple Way to Frost a Cake « Peanut Butter Fingers

2. Pingback: Foodie Friday « Peanut Butter Fingers

3. Pingback: Cookie Dough Dip | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: These look yummy! « Anywhere I go you go

5. Pingback: Buffalo Tofu Tacos and a Bake-off | Foodosaurus Rex

6. Pingback: Chocolate-Covered Salty (& Sweet!) Balls | Confessions of a Human Vacuum

7. Pingback: blame it on them. | meals & moves

8. Pingback: pretzel + butterscotch chocolate chip cookies.

9. Pingback: Salty Sweet Week – Sweet & Salty Bites From Other Blogs

10. Pingback: Welcome to my blog about food, nutrition, and dietetics! | The Vita Writer

11. Pingback: Peanut Butter Pretzel Time | Make Haste Not Waste