I present you with a banana smorgasbord.

Inspired by Zesty Cook, I gathered some of my favorite banana recipes for a complete banana binge fest.

It left me feeling. . . hungry.

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Since this picture is a little on the rough side, go make these now to distract yourself. I promise they are incredible.

Grilled Banana Crepes with Fresh Strawberry Cream

These crepes are fantastic for brunch or dessert. Or at 2am when you have nothing better to do than eat a few cups of sugar.

Whole Wheat Banana Coconut Muffins

These are healthy, but not so much when you eat eleven of them in a sitting.

That wasn’t me. I swear.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Fluffy and cakey, these cookies go fast.

So make a double batch and then hide them from yourself.

Preferably somewhere that is easy to find.

Chocolate Banana Bites

These are a delicious, not-terrible-for-you treat. I love them in yogurt, in oatmeal, on ice cream, in casseroles. . . you get the drift.

Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins

Banana bread + peanut butter. Now all you need is some chocolate and bacon.

Tropical Avocado Smoothie

After you have one (or twelve) of each of the above, wash it all down with this avocado-banana smoothie. Because what you really need is some more fat.

Have a delicious weekend!

61 Responses to “Banana Bonanza.”

Marisa (Loser for Life) — May 21, 2010 @ 4:12 am

Those crepes look amazing!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — May 21, 2010 @ 4:12 am

Mmmmm. My husband forgot my gluten free flour at the store, and now I feel that I must whip him for that mistake!

Christie {Honoring Health} — May 21, 2010 @ 4:21 am

I still think those chocolate covered banana bites are the most genius idea ever!

Happy Friday!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 21, 2010 @ 4:28 am

Um, YUM! I have been craving a banana split lately. I just made vanilla and chocolate ice cream yesterday and now with banana on the brain…I am going to HAVE to have one! Have a great weekend!

Katrina — May 21, 2010 @ 4:44 am

I love the chocolate banana recipe you posted a while ago. I make them once a week!!

Simply Life — May 21, 2010 @ 4:58 am

wow, I think I should just have a sampler plate of each one! :)

Marina — May 21, 2010 @ 5:02 am

Those crepes look heavenly. I have a few really ripe bananas, just waiting for me to put them in something delicious…hm :)

Ebru — May 21, 2010 @ 5:15 am

Wow they all look so good!!!! I wish I could eat all of them right now, I seriously would. I love everything with banana in it, ugh!

Wei-Wei — May 21, 2010 @ 5:28 am

I need to make those crepes. And those cookies. Oh, and the cupcakes. And the chocolate bites! How could I miss them?

I don’t really like bananas plain and raw, but these recipes make me want to buy lots of bananas and go bananas. Yum.

Wei-Wei

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — May 21, 2010 @ 5:29 am

I love that jar picture! I remember it from when you first posted it!

Taylor — May 21, 2010 @ 5:30 am

I think I’m gonna have to make the banana chocolate chip cookies this weekend!

Amber Cullum — May 21, 2010 @ 5:33 am

I love, love, love peanut butter anything. I am going to have to make a few of these recipes, for sure. Thanks!

April — May 21, 2010 @ 6:05 am

Now this is my type of menu ;)

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition — May 21, 2010 @ 6:06 am

I’ve always heard how good avocado and bananas are in a smoothie! I’ll have to try that one out today : )

Thanks!

Heather — May 21, 2010 @ 6:18 am

PERFECT FREAKIN TIMING.

so, im not sure if i told you this already…

oh wait.
    yes i did.

i think i did.
    wait…did i?
    i cant remember.
    but i think i did.
    did i?

ok. this is going in a circle. im sorry if you already know this. ill just tell you now:

I am trying to go $11 days only spending $20 on food.
    (im quite certain you already know this – but CLEARLY my head is still spinning from greys and i cant ACTUALLY remember if we’ve discussed this already).
    in preporation for my trip to madison, which is now only SIX DAYS AWAY (woot woot!)
    i want to clean out the fridge and use things up and get creative instead of lazily walking to subway 7 times during the 11 days. (shhhhh. i know. i know.)
    so far, i’ve spent $1.44.
    i’m pretty impressed by this.
    what did i spend the $1.44 on, you may be asking?

3lbs of bananas.

This was on tuesday.
    they were already yellow
    so now they are reaching the top of their ripeness.
    I’ve got 5 huge bananas left.
    which are now speckled.
    which means i either need to eat bananas for the next 5 meals – or i get to make something FUN.

those chocolate banana bites look DIVINE. and i want to make them like WOAH. but i think i will hold off and make a muffin of sorts. Then I can take some of them with me on the plane next week for my snacks.

as you know, im trying not to spend money at the airport.
    wait. do you know this.
    yes. you do.
    right?
    im sure of it.
    right?

i digress…..

Camille — May 21, 2010 @ 6:19 am

You say bananas and my ears perk up!

CaSaundra — May 21, 2010 @ 6:28 am

Yeah, this post pretty much left me drooling. Now I know that I need to make something naner-inspired this weekend! :-)

Jil — May 21, 2010 @ 6:47 am

Okay – so this left me craving any and every banana dessert in existence at 9:50am….not a prob. :)

Eliana — May 21, 2010 @ 6:50 am

It’s a banana party – I’ll have one of everything please :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — May 21, 2010 @ 6:58 am

i will be SURE to wash it down with a banana avo shake you dont have to ask me twice!! :)

Eunice — May 21, 2010 @ 7:01 am

Bananas are my favorite food group of all time! Our banana stand thingie is always well stocked. Ok, that’s it. I’m making those banana chocolate chip cookies this weekend. No excuses! They’re talkin to me.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — May 21, 2010 @ 7:09 am

Bananas are seriously one of the greatest foods ever. Because of this I always buy way too many and need delicious recipes like these to use them up. For that I thank you.

Amanda — May 21, 2010 @ 7:29 am

JESSICA!! These are amazing!! Thank you so much for putting this together… I LOVE when you do that, because I love your recipes and having them all in one place makes me feel all wam and fuzzy. And full. Just sayin.

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 21, 2010 @ 7:36 am

Those cupcakes on top are just too cute. I love bananas and banana flavored anything. :)

Jenn

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 21, 2010 @ 7:46 am

i need one of everything, please and thank you :)

Helen — May 21, 2010 @ 8:17 am

OK those crepes look AMAZING, I need those in my life!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — May 21, 2010 @ 8:40 am

These all look delicious!

Erica — May 21, 2010 @ 8:42 am

If that picture of Grilled Banana Crepes doesn’t make you drool…there is something wrong with you. I want you to guest post for me some time! Would ya do it??

liane — May 21, 2010 @ 8:47 am

i’m eating a banana right now, but it would be much better if it was in one of those recipes. Or just covered in chocolate. Or that peanut butter frosting.
    I’m now disappointed in my plain jane banana.

Also, heather, THREE pounds of bananas? Dear lord girl, are you a monkey?

• Heather — May 21st, 2010 @ 9:18 am

and now you get the story. i bet you are damn excited.

so. as you may or may not know.
      (do you know? dont you know? have i told you? yes. no. yes. ok..glad thats over.)
      this week we had a cookout at work on thursdays.
      my office is awesome for a lot of reasons:
      remember that time i posted about my snow man building, gift receiving, pictionary playing?
      and we all know about my old work crush, right?
      oh. boys in sweaters. oh, oh. swoooon.

oh. wait.
      i was telling a story.
      so, anyway – we had a cookout and clean up party. what that means is we do yard work for a day, and grill out, and have a picnic. its super fun. we planted a garden. and made a stonebrick path thing going up to our deck.
      my office is seriously awesome.

so, i also was in charge of making some salads for the party.
      i made three different pasta salads. which jess already knows because lord knows i cant get too crafty/experimental in the kitchen without sending her a text/gchat/twitterplea for help – but thats neither here nor there.

so. in order to make these salads and have this cookout, someone needed to go grocery shoppiong.

and that someone was me.
      so i went to BJs warehouse.
      this is like sams club or costco or some such.
      at BJs i got most everything we needed
      (including the most gorgeous yellow, orange, and red sweet peppers ive ever seen – 6 of them. in bulk. because you know, it was a warehouse store….sorry jess. didnt mean to bring vegetables up on the blog.)
      and i also noticed they had these AWESOME looking bananas.
      so i got them. for me.

did i mention it was a warehouse store?
      so i bought the bag for $1.44.
      which was 3 pounds worth.

• Heather — May 21st, 2010 @ 9:21 am

also….

im sure this doesnt surprise you, but in my kitchen i have a huge two foot by three foot piece of paper on my wall.

i have planned my menu of what i plan on eating from this past wednesday until thursday of next week when i fly to madison.

i also made some things in bulk to last for the week – steel cut oats. or is it steal. are we metal workers or theives, thats the question. …..
        anyway – oats.
        and pancakes.
        because you know – i can eat breakfast for any meal of the day.

my favorite meal to eat anytime of day lately?

take pancakes from fridge.
        spead with dark chocolate dreams peanut butter.
        heat in microwave for 20 seconds.
        add sliced banana, coconut, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
        heat in microwave for 20 more seconds.

it amazes me that i havent had to call Jess for help with this delightful little meal which may or may also taste like desert.

Daisy — May 21, 2010 @ 8:50 am

drooling as usual. i want to make every single one. starting with that avocado banana smoothie.

C and C Dish — May 21, 2010 @ 8:57 am

Love the Banana Bonanza…I love Banana’s, they are so versatile=}

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — May 21, 2010 @ 8:59 am

Yum, bananas are the best! Your chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered banana bites have me drooling over here. :)

Lexie — May 21, 2010 @ 9:00 am

I’m on such a banana kick right now. I need those cupcakes.

Hayley — May 21, 2010 @ 9:07 am

Um, wow. where to begin???

Banana chocolate chip cookies, I think. Or whole wheat banana coconut muffins. Don’t make me pick.

Emily Marie — May 21, 2010 @ 9:25 am

Have I mentioned you are hilarious? I love reading you blog not only for the incredible recipes but because you always make me laugh. Thanks!

And, I can’t wait to try those whole wheat banana coconut muffins. They look soooooo perfect!

Lindsey @ Foodie on the Rocks — May 21, 2010 @ 9:42 am

God, I mean, really – who doesn’t love bananas (wow I just had a lot of trouble spelling banana with out too many anananana’s…is work over yet??)… but with peanut butter and bacon? You may be my hero.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — May 21, 2010 @ 9:42 am

Holy banana party in my mouth! I love bananas, thanks for all the great ideas.

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — May 21, 2010 @ 10:43 am

Boy, I’ll tell ya….your posts wreak havoc on my sweet tooth!! HOLY YUM!! :-D

Blond Duck — May 21, 2010 @ 11:29 am

Good thing I have a fridge full of ripe bananas!

shannon (the daily balance) — May 21, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

AMAZING looking food, girl! I’m going to try some of these for sure.

And as always, lovely photos ;)

Melissa @ For the Love of Health — May 21, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I love banana anything! I am def going to use the banana choc-chip cookies recipe- thanks!

homecookedem — May 21, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

I want that cupcake!!

Leah — May 21, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Is it sad that I just did a little happy dance at my desk when I realized I have the right stuff in my kitchen to make those chocolate banana bites? Im SO making them tonight – especially because my boyfriend is working and I wont have to share!!

Erica — May 21, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Holy Hell! These recipes looks so freaking good! I want to try all of them right now!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — May 21, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

omg i had forgotten about some of these….the banana crepes, and B. Bites w/ the choc.
    And all those muffins…ok there is nothing on this post i wouldnt love!

YUM

And thx for a great morning of emails…made my day :)
    xo

Katherine — May 21, 2010 @ 3:18 pm

Random banana fact:
    In Eastern Africa you can buy banana beer. This beer is brewed from bananas.

Sarah (OC2Seattle) — May 21, 2010 @ 3:42 pm

Love it! Too bad my husband hates bananas ;(

Jennifer — May 21, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

Yummm.. those Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffin’s caught my eye!!

marla {family fresh cooking} — May 21, 2010 @ 6:41 pm

I think I just took in a few thousand calories through my eyes! Gosh do all these banana treats look fantastic. Good thing we don’t live close to one another or I would be raiding your kitchen. xo

Megan @ maintainingthathealthybalance — May 21, 2010 @ 7:25 pm

Love your site its so cute! Great color choices!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Banana Bonanza. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com