We love rice krispy treats in this house.

In fact, we love them so much that I can’t even make them anymore.

Last time I made some, we ate the entire pan before the treats had even cooled or been cut.

Rice krispy treats are to Mr. How Sweet as shoes are to me. He just can’t get enough.

I love finding creative, delicious, more-chocolately versions of classic sweets, so I was incredibly excited to find this recipe on Picky Palate.

Sometimes I just visit Jenny’s site to torture myself. She comes up with such clever, simple and original concoctions, and more often than not they include sugar. I consider it a win.

Such a fun twist on a vintage treat.

Who doesn’t love cookies and cream?

Cookies and Cream Crispy Treats

from Picky Palate

3 tablespoons butter

6 cups rice krispies cereal

4 cups mini marshmallows

10 oreos, chopped

In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Pour in rice krispies cereal and chopped oreos, and coat completely with marshmallow mixture. Press into a 9 X 13 baking dish and let cool.

Once cool, melt chocolate chips and drizzle over bars.

Have a delicious Sunday!

55 Responses to “Cookies and Cream Krispy Treats.”

Megan@EatScrapRun — May 23, 2010 @ 6:59 am

These look so good. I am pretty sure they will need to be removed from the house immediately after baking, otherwise I will eat them all!

Julie — May 23, 2010 @ 7:00 am

Such a quick and easy treat and yet the Oreos are a fun way to change up the regular treats! Can’t wait to try these

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 23, 2010 @ 7:04 am

Cookies and cream anything is the perfect treat! It is the same situation here with them not even cooling before they are dug in to! I love new twists on vintage foods!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — May 23, 2010 @ 7:33 am

Ok, so i looked at these and thought “danger danger!” Because a rice krispie treat has the illusion of being somewhat healthy…these? notsomuch….. love them!

april — May 23, 2010 @ 7:34 am

Looks delicious! I remember in 6th grade I had home economics class and we learned how to make rice krispy treats.. I was so excited! LOL

Katie — May 23, 2010 @ 7:35 am

How easy and delicious! My husband always covers is rice crispy treats with pounds and pounds of sprinkles…these look way better.

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 23, 2010 @ 7:59 am

That is fantastic! I never would have thought to add the cookies in. I loooooooooooooove Rice Krispie treats. Aah, now I might have to go buy some Krispies, lol. YUMMMMMMMMM :P

Jenn

CaSaundra — May 23, 2010 @ 7:59 am

I saw these on Jenny’s blog too–I agree her blog makes me drool, as does yours! Glad you tried/liked these.

Camille — May 23, 2010 @ 8:16 am

I have been looking for some great Rice Krispie treats! These seem to fit the bill and then some!

Low — May 23, 2010 @ 8:47 am

I haven’t had a krispy treat in too long! And I haven’t made them since I was a wee tot with my Grandma. One of these days maybe I’ll make some. But more likely I’ll buy some at the store and think of how much better they’d be if you had made them.

sophia — May 23, 2010 @ 8:48 am

Oh, my, God. This is just gorgeous. I NEED to make this. I’ll become SOOO popular!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — May 23, 2010 @ 8:53 am

I would DEFINITELY eat the entire pan of those. I can’t be trusted with Rice Krispie treats of any kind. Why are they SO tasty? Sigh.

Wei-Wei — May 23, 2010 @ 9:12 am

Damn. Why didn’t I think of this before I made Oreo slightly-cheesy blondies earlier?

(I was planning to make cheesecake brownie bars, but then I realised I only had 8 oz of cream cheese. I then switched to blondies with an oreo “crust”, but then I added about 1 oz of cream cheese, just for kicks. Wonder how it’d turn out… I haven’t tasted it yet :S)

Thanks, though. I’ll know what to make next time for an end-of-year party at school. :)

Wei-Wei

Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition — May 23, 2010 @ 10:37 am

Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats?! OMG heaven— seriously those look AMAZING. My friend invented ice cream rice krispy treats! They are sold in Whole Foods—Qbs—-delicious also!

Daisy — May 23, 2010 @ 11:16 am

Have a delicious Sunday yourself. did you finish the entire pan yet?!

homecookedem — May 23, 2010 @ 11:55 am

Oreos in rice krispie treats is the best idea I’ve heard all week!!

Alycia @ Fit n Fresh — May 23, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I reallyyyy need to stop looking at all your recipes. They are going to have a detrimental effect on my clothing lol

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes — May 23, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

Yum! The other day I saw these made with Lucky Charms – have you ever tried that? It looked amazing! xxSAS

Jil — May 23, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Ohh – this is such a good idea!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — May 23, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

I LOVE rice krispy treats, but I haven’t had them in forever..I think I need to make them. Perfect as usual!

Yum Yucky — May 23, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

Mmmm! My family would pounce on these like a pack of rabid antelope.

Eliana — May 23, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

Love fun twists on rice krispy treats – these look awesome.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — May 23, 2010 @ 8:59 pm

when i was in h.s. and a kid, i could literally eat a sheet of R.K.Treats, myself. And god, I loved every last gooey bite!

Julie — May 23, 2010 @ 10:04 pm

Yum, what a great way to kick up plain old rice krispie treats!

rose — May 24, 2010 @ 12:12 am

Sigghh! Having my sis kitchen party next weekend. I assigned the sweet things duty to someone else. Now I regret. Sigghh.

Miz — May 24, 2010 @ 3:09 am

yay!
    something I am toooootally capable of creating :)

Blond Duck — May 24, 2010 @ 4:01 am

Oh drool…

Amanda — May 24, 2010 @ 5:46 am

NO you didnt. Uh, yes you did. I HEART these and want them all NOW!!

Blessings!
    Amanda

Katherine — May 24, 2010 @ 11:25 am

mmmm looks good! You should come up with a s’more rice krispy treat! that’d be heavenly :)

Katrina — May 24, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

I have an obsession with Oreo’s. I don’t care what anyone says, sometimes store bought it A-OK!

Jennifer @ maple n cornbread — May 24, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

So cute and what a way to kick up rice krispie squares!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — May 25, 2010 @ 12:26 am

What a great way to use Rice Krispies :D

Gabriel — May 25, 2010 @ 7:25 pm

Ohh my… I am now getting hungry with this creative and delicious Rice Krispy. I will try this in my sister’s birthday this week. Thanks

Shane — May 25, 2010 @ 7:27 pm

Wow.. It looks delicious. I will surely try this tomorrow.

Gabriel — May 25, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

Tomorrow will be my sister’s bday. I will try this Rice Krispy on her day. Thanks to this.. Really looks delicious.

Anna @ Vegan for Good — May 25, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

Love your recipe. I would try this with my kids. Thanks

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — May 27, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

Very clever… I think these would be great for picnics this summer!

Megan — June 26, 2010 @ 3:00 am

I LOVE rice krispy treats, but I haven’t had them in forever..I think I need to make them. Perfect as usua, thanx for the wonderful pictures.

Kara — July 1, 2010 @ 3:53 am

I will try this Rice Krispy on her day. Thanks to this.. Really looks delicious. looking forward.

Samantha — July 2, 2010 @ 9:00 pm

I think It is the same situation here with them not even cooling before they are dug in to! I love new twists on vintage foods, thanx.

Michelle — July 4, 2010 @ 11:29 am

Wow, I haven’t had a krispy treat in too long! And I haven’t made them since I was a wee tot with my Grandma. One of these days maybe I’ll make some, But more likely.

Diane — July 8, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

Rice Krispie treats are the perfect dessert to make with kids because they require little work and are done super fast! Because of this I thought it would be a great time to make something with my sister.

Jane — July 10, 2010 @ 3:08 am

Well, Thanks to this.. Really looks delicious. looking forward for your next post.

Katie — July 14, 2010 @ 12:27 am

wow. This is amazing. I never taste a recipe like this but I’m sure I will love it..I’m gonna try it. Thank you!

jillian — July 16, 2010 @ 7:54 am

whats your favorite food? I know this is not really food but mine are brownies, Chocolate chip cookies, Donuts(the strawberry shortcake one at krispy cream with cream and jelly filling and frosting and nuts) muffins, ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough and brownies in it, pie (blueberry mostly but apple and pumpkin i like) and cake. Also my fav foods are fish shrimp chicken and African food. Whats your favorite food?

Jean — July 20, 2010 @ 6:29 am

These are awesome and are a great change from the traditional Rice Krispie bars with the marshmallows.

Samantha — July 20, 2010 @ 10:36 pm

Looks delicious enough for me! Thanks for sharing!

Brittany — August 13, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

These were fabulous. I was greatful for the suggestions as to what candy bars to use.

Cyndi — June 24, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

I made these last night, they were AMAZING, I ate half of the pyrex myself. One difference, my “chocolate drizzle” looked like little poop turds. Is there a certain kind of chocolate you use that works better? Do you have a piping bag or do you just use a ziploc and cut it?

Debra — September 4, 2011 @ 1:10 am

These are awesome! Used mini oreos.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Cookies and Cream Krispy Treats. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Happy Monday! « The Healthy Junky

3. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #57 – Cookies and Cream Crispy Treats « Ella Rose Entertaining

4. Pingback: 5 Ways to Make Krispy Treats Even More Awesome The Food Bitch Blog