Shoulders are one of my favorite muscles to train.

Results can be seen quickly, and I love the shape they have in tank tops. Did you know that if you shape your shoulders with a bit of muscle definition, they can make your waist appear smaller?

Yep. So get on that while I finish eating my 16th Memorial Day brownie.

I love adding in a bit of plyometric or functional work in my shoulder workouts. It keeps my heart rate up and makes the burn that much sweeter.

Strong Shoulders

15 Pushups

12 overhead shoulder presses

30 seconds mountain climbers

5 staggered pushups (each side)

12 side lateral raises

10 burpees

12 rear delt flys

8 plyo pushups

REPEAT 2 times

14 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: Strong Shoulders.”

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — May 31, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

I think strong shoulders are so pretty! I wish mine were stronger, actually, lol.

Bethany @ More Fruit Please — May 31, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

If defined shoulder muscles is going to make my waist appear smaller, then bring on the brownies!

Helen — May 31, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

I really need to start working on my shoulders, I always feel that they are quite puny and skinny. I’m always on the lookout for exercises for them so will definitely be doing some of this.

Jess — May 31, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

That’s a great shoulder routine. My favorite move for shoulders is one that knocks out two exercises in one, while holding light weights you do a push up then a single arm lateral raise. It’s great!

Wei-Wei — May 31, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

Thanks for this! I am severly, severely lacking in upper body strength. This workout would kill me D:

Wei-Wei

adrienmelaine — May 31, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

Great workout! I never think of things like mountain climbers for toning my shoulders- then I started going to yoga, and saw the amazing results that planks/pushups/anything you do in yoga have!

(I also have a secret love affair with burpees- nothing beats them in my mind!)

Pure2raw twins — May 31, 2010 @ 7:10 pm

Thanks girl for the should tips. I have a hard time with my shoulders, ever since playing volleyball I messed up my right shoulder.

shhh…we have been eating a lot of brownies over here too ; )

Jennifer — May 31, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

Hi~
    Can you please tell me where on your blog I can find the definition of the exercises you just named? I would love to try it but I don’t know what some of them are.
    Thanks!

Shelley — May 31, 2010 @ 9:01 pm

sounds like a great workout!! i need to work on strength training more for sure

Kacy — June 1, 2010 @ 7:15 am

I have negative upper body strength but I love working shoulders. The results feel almost instant!

MelissaNibbles — June 1, 2010 @ 8:38 am

Great workout! I love the look of strong shoulders. They can make or break a dress choice sometimes.

Emily — June 1, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

janetha — June 1, 2010 @ 3:10 pm

thanks for the new ideas!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — June 1, 2010 @ 11:33 pm

Strong shoulders are beautiful, I want mine to be strong too but 15 pushups and TWICE? :D haha, someday…