No, he doesn’t technically have one.

However, I often joke insist that he needs one. For now, this beautiful cooler is his man purse.

Unfortunately, I have to thank my mom for this. She bought Mr. How Sweet a Nascar-themed basket which included this cooler at a charity auction a few years ago. Just what we needed – more dyecast cars.

Anytime he leaves the house, you can guarantee that Mr. How Sweet has these incredibly important items with him.

I’m giving you a sneak peek inside.

Water: he usually has 4-5 bottles with him. I guess he is preparing in case a Y2K-like emergency springs up. Or he has to eat 3 chicken breasts on the road before he spontaneously combusts. That chicken is dry, you know. I just always hope there is a restroom where ever we are going.

Phone. Even though his cell phone is from the stone age, dies within the hour after being charged, doesn’t get service unless he is standing on his head, and is never answered no matter how many times it rings, this is a must. Because, you just never know when you might stumble upon a tic-tac-toe-playing-chicken and need to take a picture or call someone who doesn’t care at all to tell them about it.

iPod. I agree on this one. As long as Mr. How Sweet’s hands are off of the radio while we are in the car, this means I won’t accidentally stab him. His iPod equals less channel changing.

Protein bars. Heaven forbid we ever leave the house without a sufficient supply of protein. Didn’t you know that you must have protein with you at all times? It is necessary in emergencies, like eating 2 PF Changs entrees without being satisfied, having a minor meltdown during a movie because of serious starvation, or having a nasty case of hungry angry husband syndrome.

Chapstick. Let’s just say that the first time I sat down in Mr. How Sweet’s car and saw 8 different chapstick’s in the console, I lost it. This was only amplified when I found that he had a chapstick in every possible place and everywhere he went at all times. I tried to make him choose – me or the chapstick – but then I came to love the fact that he always has a chapstick on him when my lips are dry. He is thrilled I just told you this. Trust me.

Wallet. No complaints here. In fact, I enjoy forgetting mine when I’m with Mr. How Sweet. I highly encourage this behavior.

Keys. I like this one, too. Know why? Sometimes, when I want to hit him with a frying pan politely have some time alone, these keys take Mr. How Sweet far, far away, to places like the local horse racing track. They also take him to work everyday so I can blow copious amounts of money on shoes and other things that I just really don’t need. Ever.

Mr. How Sweet’s man purse is filled with a few more miscellaneous items, such as bills, receipts, house keys, sunglasses and Garth Brooks cassette tapes. There is also some loose change in there in case Mr. How Sweet needs to use a pay phone or buy some penny candy. Oh, the good old days.

24 Responses to “Mr. How Sweet’s Man Purse.”

Erica — May 15, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

hahahhahahahah – when does your book come out?

homecookedem — May 15, 2010 @ 6:11 pm

Hahahahahahaha!! Andrew is weird about chapstick too! Too funny!! ;)

liane — May 15, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

HAHAHA— seriously funny stuff, but cassette tapes?!
    I think he’s got mostly everything covered, although, he might want to throw in a roll of duct tape….

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 15, 2010 @ 6:17 pm

I really don’t know how men got around before without the man purse! My husband’s holds his laptop, pencils, paper, gum, granola bars and I bottle of water! You can tell a lot by a man and the contents of his man purse!

• Jessica — May 15th, 2010 @ 6:18 pm

OMG I forgot to add gum. He seriously has 2-3 packs of gum with him at all times. And its crappy gum, not fun gum.

Jil — May 15, 2010 @ 6:18 pm

hahahaha what is it with guys and chapstick??? i know a few who hoard chapstick like they’ll never find another!

Anne — May 16, 2010 @ 3:06 am

:D got to laugh at this one!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibbl) — May 16, 2010 @ 4:42 am

ahahahaha I love this. Seriously. You make me feel SO much better about my crazy boyfriend. I guess all men are a little wacky in their own little ways, but we still love ‘em. ;)

xo
    K

Allie (Protein Girl) — May 16, 2010 @ 5:34 am

At least his chapstick isn’t flavored! Right? Right?

• Jessica — May 16th, 2010 @ 6:00 am

That is correct. He occasionally used the cherry ones, but when he grew that gosh-awful mustache, he used to get cherry chapstick in it. I put that kibosh on that. Barf.

The Candid RD — May 16, 2010 @ 5:51 am

lol, this list is SO similar to Nick’s! especially the phone and chapstick. Nick is obsessed with both. He literally carries them both around in the house…..wierdo.

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — May 16, 2010 @ 6:07 am

Ha! I love the protein comment–hubbys are weird about the most random things.

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — May 16, 2010 @ 7:34 am

I worship the man purse. A-Mazing.

Eunice — May 16, 2010 @ 7:45 am

Mr how sweet and my bf are brothas from anotha motha! Kohy also needs protein bars with him AT ALL TIMES. He also has a cooler that he packs with his bars, shakes, hard boiled eggs and tuna. Oh and beef jerky.. Which i make him eat outside of our home because i cant stand the smell. Poor guy.. He really lives his protein!

• Jessica — May 16th, 2010 @ 7:46 am

Mr. How Sweet goes through phases with beef jerky. He can eat multiple bags in minutes. Then he forgets about it for a few months. It’s like Christmas morning when he remembers.

Melissa — May 16, 2010 @ 7:59 am

Hahaha. This post had me laughing out loud. Mr. How Sweet is awesome!

Alaina @ The Fairhope Foodie — May 16, 2010 @ 8:29 am

I was hoping we would get a peek into the man purse after a previous post! Hilarious. I agree…when is the book coming out? :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 16, 2010 @ 3:43 pm

Hehehe!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

Yum Yucky — May 17, 2010 @ 8:16 am

YA! He techinically DOES have man purse. The cooler-pak style just means its retro.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 17, 2010 @ 8:33 am

HILARIOUS! isn’t it funny the things our boys “need” to keep with them at all times? nate’s very particular about those too…and it cracks me up!

Kacy — May 17, 2010 @ 8:39 am

Hahaha, hilarious. Only real men have man purses :)

Holly — May 18, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

You are SO funny!! You would seriously make MILLIONS if you wrote a book- people would LOVE it :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mr. How Sweet’s Man Purse. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Sweet and Sour Chicken. | How Sweet It Is