I was always the kid that left all of the grape popsicles in the freezer.

I ate around all of the lemon Starburst’s, jelly beans, and Jolly Ranchers.

I stole all of the Snickers bars out of my brothers’ Halloween candy, and the Cadbury Creme Eggs from their Easter baskets.

You could say I have a few favorites.

I have a thing for sweet, fruity flavors like strawberry-kiwi and mango-peach. I own way too many body lotions and lip glosses, all because of these flavors.

I don’t like plain ice cream. I can handle a vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles, but I need triple the spinkles since I enjoy overdosing on them.

My ice cream must have chunks and swirls.

That has nothing to do with my thighs. I swear.

I am not plain vanilla.

I am not plain chocolate unless it is mixed with any of the following, including but not limited to peanut butter, sea salt, or bacon. Or all 3 at once.

Like most things in my life, I need some drama with my flavors.

I guess you could say I am partial to all things that smell fruity, sweet, and good enough to eat. Grape does not really smell nice. It smells gross.

It doesn’t rank up there with vegetables, but it is close.

While many of the flavors I enjoy are more complex, Mr. How Sweet likes to keep things simple.

Everytime I buy a candle, he requests that the scent is ‘orange or cherry.’

No, not amber glow, or mulled wine, or coconut vanilla.

Orange.

A good ole’ vanilla smoothie just doesn’t do it for me.

I need some more spice in my life – some more flavor.

So I added some citrus – some delicious, tangy lime – to this vanilla smoothie, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Vanilla Lime Smoothie

1/2 cup plain, greek yogurt

5-6 ice cubes

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

contents of 1/2 vanilla bean

juice of half a lime

1/4 teaspoon lime zest + more for garnish

optional: protein powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with lime zest and garnish with a wedge of lime.

Mr. How Sweet also wants you to know that his other favorite flavor is steak.

He’d like some steak-flavored candles and chap-stick, too.

If you come up with a steak-flavored chap-stick, he will be your new best friend. You can even come over and play with his dyecast cars, bobbleheads, and WWF figurines, too!

81 Responses to “Vanilla Lime Smoothie.”

homecookedem — May 11, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

My husband would have the smoothest lips ever if there was a steak flavored chapstick!! ;)

Gorgeous smoothie!! :)

Lisa @bakebikeblog — May 11, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

What a fantastic flavour combination!

Heather — May 11, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

Gorgeous smoothie! Love lime!!

the Provident Woman — May 11, 2010 @ 3:48 pm

That looks amazing. Beautiful and yummy!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) — May 11, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

i actually came across BACON flavored chap stick in a gift shop a few months ago — will that suffice!?

i’m totally with you on artificial grape flavoring – ACK! disgusting!

this smoothie looks lovely, though!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — May 11, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Oh my. I love the vanilla/lime combo! This sounds amazing!

Ashley — May 11, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

I am shocked that coconut is not in this list!!! Grape?? I loved grape flavored things as a kid. I am also a HUGE vanilla fan and would take that over chunks + swirls ;) However, that smoothie sounds awesome!!

Jessica @ The Cooking Chick — May 11, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

What simple flavor, but the addition of the zest would add just the ‘brilliant’ note that vanilla needs to not be so… vanilla.

As for chocolate and bacon – have you tried vosges mo’s bacon bar with chocolate and bacon – sounds weird, but so delicious!

Barbara Bakes — May 11, 2010 @ 8:28 pm

I’m with you, vanilla just won’t do. I was really surprised to hear that people actually order vanilla shakes. Your lime version sounds delicious and refreshing.

Fit Chick in the City — May 12, 2010 @ 4:34 am

I use to steal my brother’s halloween candy too! I thought I was the only juvenile delinquent.

Erica — May 12, 2010 @ 4:15 pm

This smoothie sounds delicious. I have lots of limes in my refrigerator right now, which are suppose to be used for corona’s but I may use one for this tasty smoothie!

Kristi — May 12, 2010 @ 6:55 pm

I’m probably telling you something you already know but just in case , there is bacon lip balm, as well as bacon salt and mayonnaise. If you haven”t experienced the bacon salt I highly recommend it!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — May 14, 2010 @ 6:42 am

Wow… This looks incredible! I’ll have to add it to my smoothie repertoire next week.

Beth — September 29, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

You may have experimented with this already, but I really enjoy a vanilla & granny smith apple smoothie- I usually use 1 granny smith apple, ice, milk, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract, and a dash of honey. This vanilla-lime smoothie sounds incredible, I really adore limes!

Carolyn — January 9, 2014 @ 8:52 am

Because this has no fruit in it besides the lime juice and uses plain yogurt it has no sweetness as all. I found it very hard to drink. I tried adding honey but it didn’t’ really work. I had high hopes for the vanilla/lime combo but I ended up dumping it all down the drain. :(

• Barbara — April 14th, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

I would not make this smoothie for the same reasons you mentioned, I must have a bit of sweetness in a vanilla smoothie, so I will not be making it either. I would add fruit, but it would have to be sweet going in since i do not add sugar to anything these days. I may do that.