Check out my blog at Whirl Magazine!

Coffee tastes like dirty water. Plain and simple.

The only coffee I will drink has to be loaded with sugar, cream, whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, bacon. . .

You’ve heard it all before, I know. I’ll spare you the details.

Anyway, I love white chocolate mocha frappuccinos from Starbucks. You know, the artery-clogging, thigh-plumping, creamy concoctions that are incredibly addicting? I wonder if they are secretly laced with heroin to keep me coming back.

Well, my wallet and my waistline don’t love them.

Not that these cookies have any significance when it comes to my waistline, except for making it bigger.

They aren’t healthy. They are just delicious.

And I don’t feel as guilty baking them and eating a dozen as I do buying frappuccinos everyday.

I wanted to inhale the entire batch.

I really loaded up on the white chocolate chips, so the cookies were packed with white and dark chocolate flavor. This just enable my coffee-flavored dessert addiction. Add it on the list right next to tiramisu and coffee ice cream. In fact, it may be higher on the list because these were so simple and quick.

For the cookie, I used my go-to chocolate cookie recipe from Mother Lovett’s book of secrets.

The recipe always turns out fabulous – crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and super chocolatey. I added 2 full tablespoons of coffee powder. Is that too much? I have no idea. But the cookies had a distinct, scrumptious mocha flavor.

And I was up all night after I ate them.

White Chocolate Mocha Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

2 tablespoons instant coffee powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips. Roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t touch these with a 10-foot pole. If you think I hate coffee, you should see the sour puss he puts on when it’s mentioned.

I really couldn’t care less. I am thrilled when he stays away from my sweets. He has no idea what he’s missing.

77 Responses to “White Chocolate Mocha Cookies.”

Caitlin — May 31, 2010 @ 8:00 am

These cookies were amazing when we made them into bars! I LOVED them as well as my family:)!

• Jessica — May 31st, 2010 @ 9:40 am

So glad you liked them!

Konni Jo — June 3, 2010 @ 6:18 am

I’ve made these twice this week – for friends and for work! They are sooo easy to make and soooo good! This recipe is a keeper!

I was so excited when I got onto Tasty Kitchen and saw you were the featured member! As a new fan, super congrats! Can’t wait to use a lot of your recipes. Because of TPW and ladies like you, I’m cooking again! AND, I got a new Kitchenaid mixer! LOVE it!

Thanks for making cooking fun again!

• Jessica — June 3rd, 2010 @ 7:05 am

I am so glad you liked them!

And thanks so much, that really means a lot to me. :) Enjoy your new mixer, too! Let me know what else you whip up.

Natalie — June 7, 2010 @ 8:31 am

I just made these cookies yesterday out of pure boredom! They turned out delicious. I had to improvise because the only type of instant coffee I had was a packet of Starbucks’ new VIA Ready-Brew coffee and they turned out wonderful with the perfect hint of coffee. You have awesome recipes on your site!! I think I’m addicted to it!

• Jessica — June 7th, 2010 @ 8:33 am

Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed the cookies. Let me know if you make anything else.

Memoria — June 17, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

Thank you for this great recipe! I made it a few days ago, and they taste great. I blogged about them here: http://www.mangiodasola.com/2010/06/white-chocolate-mocha-cookies.html

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — March 15, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

I made these last night and they were fabulous! Totally hit the spot. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of bringing them to the office for the coworkers to enjoy, but I’ve been enjoying them too…all day. I can’t resist! I’m going to have to stop reading your blog (or at least making your awesome recipes) if I’m going to fit into my wedding dress this fall. Evil temptress! ;)

Lauren — April 6, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

oh.my.god. i haven’t even tasted the finished product yet, but the batter was so heavenly, i can’t even imagine how delicious the baked cookie will be! I will probably be up all night too, but it’s going to be worth it! thanks!

amanda — May 12, 2011 @ 1:05 am

They weren’t as good as I thought they were going to be :(

Damaris — September 7, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

Hello !! these cookies look amazing i want to try and make em but i have a question . my father happens to work at the starbucks factory and well he brought home some of that addicting white chocolate syrup . Ive been trying to find recipes of baked goods that will use the syrup but havnt got any luck . Would it be too much to add some to this recipe ?? what do you think ?

Victoria — December 14, 2011 @ 12:01 am

So delicious! Although, mine turned out much thinner than the pictures appear (despite what size my heaps were — butter made them spread quickly). I think that this recipe would make for a great cookie bar! Thank you for sharing this. :)

Andrea — January 16, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

I just made these and they are REALLY good . they came out a little flat and dont look like your Idk what i did wrong but they are really good . I cant wait to try your other recipe thank you!!

Amber — October 29, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

I just made these and they weren’t as good as I expected, it seemed like the cookies themselves weren’t chocolate-y enough to not have giant chunks of chocolate in them. I also used Black Silk instant coffee (strong) because it’s all I had on hand, so that could have been the over-powering factor.. I like the texture and the batter tasted AMAZING. I’m going to try these another time with a different instant coffee, I think..

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention White Chocolate Mocha Cookies. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cherry Frappucino « More Fruit Please

3. Pingback: Paradise & The Instrument of Torture « Heather's Dish

4. Pingback: Long Overdue Post! « Snickie

5. Pingback: Stress and Chocolate « More Fruit Please

6. Pingback: Guinea Pig Monday: Mocha Cookies with White Chocolate and Butterscotch «

7. Pingback: Baked Potato Nachos | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Shoestring Budget

9. Pingback: Cookie Friday: White Chocolate Mocha Cookies & A Caramel Apple Pie Bonus | Corrie Anne

10. Pingback: Here’s a story, about a lovely lady… | Little Red Delicious

11. Pingback: Dessert Wine Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies | The Realistic Nutritionist

12. Pingback: White Chocolate Mocha Cookies | Nothing to Write Home About