Check out my blog at Whirl Magazine!

Coffee tastes like dirty water. Plain and simple.

The only coffee I will drink has to be loaded with sugar, cream, whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, bacon. . .

You’ve heard it all before, I know. I’ll spare you the details.

Anyway, I love white chocolate mocha frappuccinos from Starbucks. You know, the artery-clogging, thigh-plumping, creamy concoctions that are incredibly addicting? I wonder if they are secretly laced with heroin to keep me coming back.

Well, my wallet and my waistline don’t love them.

Not that these cookies have any significance when it comes to my waistline, except for making it bigger.

They aren’t healthy. They are just delicious.

And I don’t feel as guilty baking them and eating a dozen as I do buying frappuccinos everyday.

I wanted to inhale the entire batch.

I really loaded up on the white chocolate chips, so the cookies were packed with white and dark chocolate flavor. This just enable my coffee-flavored dessert addiction. Add it on the list right next to tiramisu and coffee ice cream. In fact, it may be higher on the list because these were so simple and quick.

For the cookie, I used my go-to chocolate cookie recipe from Mother Lovett’s book of secrets.

The recipe always turns out fabulous – crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and super chocolatey. I added 2 full tablespoons of coffee powder. Is that too much? I have no idea. But the cookies had a distinct, scrumptious mocha flavor.

And I was up all night after I ate them.

White Chocolate Mocha Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

2 tablespoons instant coffee powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips. Roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t touch these with a 10-foot pole. If you think I hate coffee, you should see the sour puss he puts on when it’s mentioned.

I really couldn’t care less. I am thrilled when he stays away from my sweets. He has no idea what he’s missing.

77 Responses to “White Chocolate Mocha Cookies.”

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — May 26, 2010 @ 4:09 am

haha, sometimes I feel alone when I’m eating about 10 cookies and the hubs opts out. Can you believe he isn’t that fond of sweets? Really, who is really like that? Then, I think that I just have more to myself anyway. All is good!

Wei-Wei — May 26, 2010 @ 4:10 am

Oh, yum yum yum! I love coffee actually, even though the caffeine has no effect on me. I still don’t know why I drink it. Maybe for the hot effect? I prefer tea, though…

But mocha. Oh dear. It sort of proves the fact that chocolate (and bacon, for that matter) bring anything to heavenly delicious heights.

Wei-Wei

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 26, 2010 @ 4:15 am

Those look scrumptious! I was thinking about making chocolate/chocolate chip cookies the other day, but white chips sound delish, too. :)

Jenn

Estela @ Weekly Bite — May 26, 2010 @ 4:15 am

These looks incredible!! I love white chocolate in cookies :)

Erica — May 26, 2010 @ 4:18 am

Hate coffee? That is pure craziness :) I love that dirty water ;) A nice spin on the traditional chocolate cookie. I bet these are amazing. Is 7 AM too early for a chocolate cookie? I’ve been meaning to email you back too! I will get there- sorry I’m poking ;0

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — May 26, 2010 @ 4:24 am

These suckers look amazing! I’ll take Mr. Sweet’s serving…I LOVE COFFEE!!!

Allie (Protein Girl) — May 26, 2010 @ 4:31 am

Jessica, please be both my personal trainer and my personal chef. I’ll be your Oprah, you be my Bob Greene, but with bacon and white chocolate.

But I’m sure that Starbucks is already courting you to create their bacon infused white chocolate mocha frappucino line that will be forthcoming…

xoxo,

Allie

Katrina — May 26, 2010 @ 4:36 am

I feel like you made this cookie just for me! It has everything in it that I love..so I’ll pretend that you did.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — May 26, 2010 @ 4:37 am

Now that sounds like the perfect cookie!

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — May 26, 2010 @ 4:45 am

sweets that mr sweet stays away from?!??! ohh my thats bad news I woudl eat the whole batch if there was no one else to help me out!

i LOVE coffee in all forms, so these cookies are made for meeeee (right ;))

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — May 26, 2010 @ 5:19 am

Coffee and chocolate are such a fabulous combo! These look delish…must try…and I’m such a white chocolate lover I’m sure I would just inhale these!!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — May 26, 2010 @ 5:21 am

It’s nice to know that someone else hates coffee too! I LOVE the smell, but only drink it with cream, sugar, suryp and stuff ;)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — May 26, 2010 @ 5:22 am

and congrats on the article, I read it immediately!

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — May 26, 2010 @ 5:28 am

My theory on cookies is that you should always go all out!!! These look awesome!

homecookedem — May 26, 2010 @ 5:35 am

My sweet tooth has been totally turned off lately, but this post has revived it! Yummmmmmm!! :)

• Jessica — May 26th, 2010 @ 5:37 am

How is such a thing even possible??!

Kate @ Cozydelicious — May 26, 2010 @ 5:57 am

These look fantastic! I am a HUGE coffee addict. Bring on the dirty water. So anything mocha is up my alley, and these cookies sound perfect. Yum!

ERin at The Healthy Apron — May 26, 2010 @ 6:03 am

omg…super tasty! If I give you my addy will you mail me some? lol

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — May 26, 2010 @ 6:10 am

Congrats on the magazine! I am obsessed with coffee desserts too. Do you have a Friendly’s near you? Pretty sure they’re in PA. Ever had their Vienna Mocha Chunk ice cream? TO DIE!!

DessertForTwo — May 26, 2010 @ 6:31 am

Congrats on being a featured blogger!
    I have a major crush on white chocolate. These look divine!

megan — May 26, 2010 @ 6:32 am

can’t wait to try these! i love white chocolate chips in chocolate cookies!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 26, 2010 @ 7:32 am

these are my office treats this week…done and done!

Erica — May 26, 2010 @ 7:35 am

I hate coffee, but these do look good. Anything with chocolate wins my heart especially a chocolate cookie!

Amy from She Wears Many Hats — May 26, 2010 @ 7:43 am

Oh man! I can only imagine how addicting these would be too – no illegal drug needed. Thanks for the temptation.

Stephanie @ Per l'Amore del Cibo — May 26, 2010 @ 7:47 am

I’m not a huge coffee drinker either, but I have a slight addiction to white chocolate mochas, so when I saw this come through my Google Reader I about had a heart attack.

Marina — May 26, 2010 @ 8:34 am

I adore coffee, and chocolate and cookies…these are perfect for me :D
    tnx for the recipe!

Camille — May 26, 2010 @ 8:37 am

From a coffee addict, those look amazing!

Mackenzie @ The Caramel Cookie — May 26, 2010 @ 8:47 am

I love coffee AND white chocolate chips in my cookies. These are the perfect cookie for me!

Carol — May 26, 2010 @ 9:21 am

I just found your blog today and I love it! these cookies sound and look amazing – I can’t wait to try them!

Blond Duck — May 26, 2010 @ 9:41 am

This reminds me of the white chocolate chip bars I make that I love and Ben despises…

Mary (A Merry Life) — May 26, 2010 @ 9:57 am

I hate coffee yet I strangely want to eat one of your cookies. That’s either a really good sign or a bad sign, but I’m not sure which.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — May 26, 2010 @ 10:06 am

I’m always in HUGE trouble if I make a batch of something my boyfriend doesn’t like, because that means I’ll plow through all of it on my own! I try to put enough nut butter in every recipe to keep both of us happy!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — May 26, 2010 @ 10:11 am

I’m also a huge frappucino fanatic! My faves are straight-up caramel. However, I’ve never tried the white chocolate mocha…hmmmmm??
    Maybe I’ll just save my $$ and bake a batch of these cookies instead…YUM! :-P

Jessie (Vegan-minded) — May 26, 2010 @ 11:12 am

First off, congrats on being featured in the magazine, that is awesome! I love coffee anything, so I know I would devour these cookies. You can’t beat the flavor combo of coffee and chocolate together. Yum. :)

katie — May 26, 2010 @ 11:14 am

yeah my boy.. if he ever saw your blog hed be BEGGING me to make these! haha

Amanda — May 26, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

Starbucks white mocha is by far my FAVE! If it wasn’t 100 degrees at my house today I would be whipping these up right now!

Caitlin — May 26, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

I’d like to request these, 86 coffee, sub more white chocolate chips. Pleaseandthankyou.

PS Mr. How Sweet is crazy. Who doesn’t like coffee AT ALL? Since he’s a member of the Stand Over the Sink Club, though, so I guess I can look past it.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 26, 2010 @ 3:49 pm

Mmmmmmm, I love chocolate and coffee together!!

I never buy instant coffee … but I do buy those little individual starbucks freeze dried ones … those should work …

megan — May 26, 2010 @ 4:32 pm

This looks like a cookie I need to make. Love it, bookmarked it, and Stumbled it!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — May 26, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

Waaaait a minute. The detest for vegetables I can understand, but coffee?! Oy vei! ;)

susan from food blogga — May 26, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

Scrumptious! I’ll take mine with a hot mug of “dirty water,” please. ;)

Kristen Doyle — May 26, 2010 @ 6:35 pm

I am not a big coffee drinker either, but I must have these cookies!

marla {family fresh cooking} — May 26, 2010 @ 6:54 pm

Congrats on your guest post at Whirl, the nachos look wonderful as do these cookies. I love coffee anything. xo

sophia — May 26, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

Any woman who bakes fabulous chocolatey cookies without a twinge of guilt…is definitely a friend of mine. I adore you and your sweet adventures, Jessica!

Lesley Lifting Life — May 26, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

I think I would want to inhale the whole batch as well … they look fabulous! :)

Sophie @ yumventures — May 26, 2010 @ 8:36 pm

You know, I’m not always a cookie fan, but I AM always a coffee fan!! These look amazing, especially with the white chocolate — yay!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — May 26, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

Coffee and chocolate is seriously one of the best combos ever!!

Helen — May 27, 2010 @ 5:30 am

Coffee and chocolate is my favourite combination ever so I will definitely be making these. I probably will wolf them down in one sitting!

Court & Whit — May 27, 2010 @ 4:13 pm

WOW! we are coffee freaks, and anything coffee flavored is amazing. We will for sure make these. Thanks for a great recipe :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — May 28, 2010 @ 4:18 pm

Yum… I am a coffee fan, so these look incredible! Love all of the white chocolate chips.

Konni Jo — May 31, 2010 @ 5:16 am

Happy Memorial Day! Got my first batch in the oven right now and…oh, my grits and gravy, the dough was good so I can’t wait to snatch the first one right out of the oven (sorry, can’t wait).

Thanks for posting this FABulous recipe!

Hugs!

kj in HOusTon!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention White Chocolate Mocha Cookies. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Cherry Frappucino « More Fruit Please

3. Pingback: Paradise & The Instrument of Torture « Heather's Dish

4. Pingback: Long Overdue Post! « Snickie

5. Pingback: Stress and Chocolate « More Fruit Please

6. Pingback: Guinea Pig Monday: Mocha Cookies with White Chocolate and Butterscotch «

7. Pingback: Baked Potato Nachos | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Shoestring Budget

9. Pingback: Cookie Friday: White Chocolate Mocha Cookies & A Caramel Apple Pie Bonus | Corrie Anne

10. Pingback: Here’s a story, about a lovely lady… | Little Red Delicious

11. Pingback: Dessert Wine Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies | The Realistic Nutritionist

12. Pingback: White Chocolate Mocha Cookies | Nothing to Write Home About