I’ve always poked fun at Mr. How Sweet for the way he mixes everything on his plate together into one big, slop-pile mess.

But the truth is, I make my own slop-pile messes every now and then, too.

Mine are a bit more contained and not as ugly, but they are still odd.

In fact, I’m almost afraid to tell you what is inside this wrap.

This wasn’t my lunch, but it was my dinner last night.

I didn’t realize how fast my hunger would hit me, and I didn’t have anything prepared. The thought of cooking something just made me hungrier, and I was about to whip out the devilish Stacy’s pita chips when I just started throwing things into a crispy tortilla. Or, shall I say, ‘tor-till-ah,’ since that was how Mother Lovett pronounced it. And she wasn’t joking.

Inside are two eggs, over easy, avocado, organic baked beans, cherry tomatoes, low-fat monterey jack cheese and barbeque sauce. This is all wrapped up in a La Tortilla Factory tortilla, because I love them so much that I will burrito-wrap my babies in them once they are born.

The end.

21 Responses to “Afternoon Delight: Odd Combinations”

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — June 30, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Not even going to lie, that sounds pretty amazing to me.

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — June 30, 2010 @ 4:42 pm

hahaha the fact that you said you will burrito wrap your babies in the la tortilla factory wraps just makes me want you to have kids sooner! that is hilisious and the innards in that wrap look SO SO SO good!!!!

Matt — June 30, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

I want that!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 30, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

I love the combo of eggs, avocado, and cheese! So good!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — June 30, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

Actually this sounds mighty tasty to me! Love the addition of avocado!!!

Wei-Wei — June 30, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

That aaaaaactually doesn’t sound that bad. I like odd combos ;)

Wei-Wei

Eunice — June 30, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Eggs and beans are such an awesome combination. A little avocado in the mix sounds even better!

Tortilla babies are cool.

Ally @ Sweet & Savory — June 30, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

So where can I get my hands on these tortillas? Everyone swears by them!

homecookedem — June 30, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

I love the combo of eggs and avocado! This looks great – very satisfying!!

Katie — June 30, 2010 @ 6:28 pm

I’m the queen of odd combos…my co-workers think I’m utterly insane. But this quesadilla looks yummy! I love the idea of eggs in a tor-till-a…I will try.

Emily Marie — June 30, 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Sounds fantastic, though I think I’d switch out black beans for baked beans. Although maybe it all works with the BBQ sauce. I usually scramble my eggs before putting them in a torilla, I can’t wait to try them over-easy!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — July 1, 2010 @ 1:10 am

Sometimes the odd combinations are the best!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — July 1, 2010 @ 4:28 am

haha I do that all the time. My husband thinks I’m weird because I’m perfectly content to put a bunch of stuff in a bowl and eat it even if it doesn’t look good.

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — July 1, 2010 @ 5:27 am

I actually think this sounds delicious!

Kacy — July 1, 2010 @ 6:18 am

My mom pronounces in “tor-till-ee-ya”. It drives me NUTS! But that combo sounds good to me.

Amanda — July 1, 2010 @ 12:24 pm

Ha! Sounds delish!

Kristina — July 1, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

this sounds awesome, and like something I do all the time… especially in a wrap.

Natalie (The Sweets Life) — July 2, 2010 @ 9:31 am

eh doesn’t seem that odd to me. maybe because my dinner last night was pretzels, watermelon, blueberry banana muffins, and whipped cream. now THAT was sad.

i had to comment today bc i posted a salad on my blog (i know i know you don’t like veggies :)) but it DOESN’T include bacon but people swore it tasted like bacon. i thought you’d appreciate that! http://www.thesweetslife.com/2010/07/cranberry-nectarine-salad.html

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 4, 2010 @ 4:24 pm

Avocado makes sandwiches and wraps so good!!!!

emptynutjar — July 7, 2010 @ 10:40 am

I think that a big wrap filled with eggs, avocado and hummus and veggies is amazing.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Afternoon Delight: Odd Combinations | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com