Is there any better combo that chocolate and peanut butter?

I don’t think so. Though I wouldn’t mind adding in some salty flavor – like bacon or pickles, or both.

And no, I’m not pregnant. I’m just weird.

The chocolate cookies are not super sweet, meaning that most of you would love them. Of course, they still leave me wanting more since I can eat a cup of sugar with a spoon and desire more sweetness.

When it comes to cookies, I tend to overdo it on the chips. The phrase ‘less is more?’ I never follow that. Ever.

For anything.

I know I need to re-think that. I’m sure my life would benefit. So would my waistline. And my wallet.

This time I did follow it. Not on purpose, of course.

My bag of peanut butter morsels was at the end of the road. Ready to kick the bucket. Hanging on for dear life.

And when I usually would have just eaten the chips by the handful to finish off the bag, I knew they would be perfect in cookies.

And they were.

Even though the cookies aren’t very sweet, each time you get a bite of peanut butter is a creamy, delicious surprise.

They have the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.

And this is coming from the person who frequently eats a giant spoon of peanut butter with a few handfuls of chocolate chips smashed on top. And by frequently, I mean three or four times a day.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup peanut butter chips

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in peanut butter and chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

For all of you peanut butter freaks out there, that is a big spoonful of White Chocolate Wonderful.

I would like to bathe in a giant tub of it. If you have never tasted it, you haven’t lived.

87 Responses to “Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.”

Nick — June 28, 2010 @ 4:13 am

Let me know when you get that kiddie pool full of white chocolate wonderful. I’ll join.

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches — June 28, 2010 @ 4:41 am

I don’t know which is better…the White Chocolate Wonderful or the Dark Chocolate Dreams. Good lord. Both are so fantastic. Why don’t we just open up a pool filled with the two? Peanut butter for everybody!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — June 28, 2010 @ 4:50 am

These cookies look perfect! White Chocolate Wonderful is on my list of peanut butters to try! YUM!!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — June 28, 2010 @ 4:54 am

Well we’re completely with you on 2 counts – peanut butter and chocolate is by far the best combo out there and we ALWAYS overdo it on the chips. These look divine…!

Julie @ Pickley Pear — June 28, 2010 @ 4:59 am

Oh my waistline would KILL me. They will be gone instantly. PB & Chocolate is by far my favorite combination. I bet bacon bits mixed in wouldn’t be too bad…

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — June 28, 2010 @ 5:00 am

I’ve never tried the white chocolate wonderful! I have another brand that is manufactured near me (Saratoga Peanut Butter Co.) who makes a “Blizzard Butter” which is white chocolate and it is absolutely wonderful! Just picked up a new jar yesterday – super psyched! :)

Wei-Wei — June 28, 2010 @ 5:04 am

Chocolate and peanut butter should get together and make babies.

Oh wait, they DID! And they’re RIGHT HERE! (Was it a threesome with Cookie, too?)

Wei-Wei

Marisa (Loser for Life) — June 28, 2010 @ 5:05 am

I could live on those and only those and be perfectly happy :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — June 28, 2010 @ 5:08 am

PB & chocolate are the perfect combo!!!

These look heavenly!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — June 28, 2010 @ 5:22 am

Chocolate and peanut butter? Two of my favorite things!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — June 28, 2010 @ 5:32 am

Your cookies look delicious! I have been on a chocolate kick lately…strange for me. I haven’t tried that peanut butter yet. I need to get my hands on some!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 28, 2010 @ 5:33 am

So, I was talking to one of my friends from home last night, and she was like, “You should meet up with that Jessica girl who comments on your blog– everything on her blog makes me want to LICK MY SCREEN!!!” I’m guessing these cookies will not be an exception. :-)

Evan Thomas — June 28, 2010 @ 5:36 am

This is a piece of art better than picaso

Kristina — June 28, 2010 @ 5:41 am

choc + pb = perfect food love…

and to me this seems almost like a “reverse” cookie… :)

I love that you say they’re not too sweet… I bet they are perfect…

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 28, 2010 @ 5:52 am

Yum! Looks delicious! Mother Lovett would be proud! :)

sherry — June 28, 2010 @ 6:10 am

Try substituting 1/2 cup peanut butter for one of those sticks of butter – oh, my!

• Jessica — June 28th, 2010 @ 6:11 am

I totally thought of that the next day. Definitely have to try it next time!!

Courtney @ Three Months — June 28, 2010 @ 6:29 am

Ahh – those look so amazing. I’m tempted to get in the kitchen now and make ‘em! :)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — June 28, 2010 @ 6:42 am

Peanut butter and pickles is pure magic. I’m pretty sure it’s something you can get behind.

Lori — June 28, 2010 @ 6:52 am

These look so yummy! There are so many things you say and I’m on exactly the same page:
    -Spoonfuls of peanut butter with chocolate chips on top – check
    -Muffins of all flavors combinations – check (I’d really love to open up a muffin business)
    -Not liking coffee and hoping everything that’s warm will taste like hot chocolate – check
    Love your BLOG and all the recipes look fantastic!

Jocelyn — June 28, 2010 @ 6:56 am

Jessica these look delicious!!! I love anything chocolate and peanut butter : ) I want some!!

stephchows — June 28, 2010 @ 7:03 am

mmm they look so good! i can just taste them right now mmmmmm

Eliana — June 28, 2010 @ 7:03 am

The perfect flavor combination. These look amazing!

sophia — June 28, 2010 @ 7:15 am

Oh dear. I totally agree. Bacon in there? Would rock! Not sure about the pickles though, maybe I’m not as weird as you, lol!
    But seriously, my cousin took one look at your pictures and is still begging me to make these for her!

Stephy — June 28, 2010 @ 7:16 am

I love love LOVE chocolate peanut butter chip cookies. I’ve found that if you keep them in the fridge for about a day [I know, it’s hard to do that — so I bake a batch beforehand then throw it in the fridge] and THEN bake them, and the peanut butter chips melt a little more when baking than they do if you bake them right away.

Either way, I’ll be trying your recipe soon :)

• Jessica — June 28th, 2010 @ 7:19 am

I always refrigerate a few hours before baking – I agree, makes them much better!

Amanda — June 28, 2010 @ 7:19 am

lol “bathe in a giant tub’ LOL

Great looking recipe girl… and I love the shot of the spoonful next to the cookie. Genius!

Blessings-
    Amanda

homecookedem — June 28, 2010 @ 7:53 am

I could not be trusted around these cookies!! Yum!! :)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — June 28, 2010 @ 7:53 am

the pB on the side just puts me over the edge of deliciousness!!! I would DIE for these frozen on a hot summer day!

Marilou — June 28, 2010 @ 7:55 am

Less is more is a myth … Never experienced it :)

More is not enough … Voila!

Alison — June 28, 2010 @ 7:59 am

Mmm peanut butter and pickle is so good together. Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches on wheat bread! Crunchy PB is best… not so sure white chocolate would be good with pickles. :)

Paige (RAN) — June 28, 2010 @ 8:08 am

Chocolate + PB. Old school, but still the best combo out there!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 28, 2010 @ 8:18 am

this recipe = this week’s office treats! can’t wait :)

Lace — June 28, 2010 @ 8:32 am

After you left on Saturday I ate 3 more of these… They were so good! So glad I was home to try them!! xoxoxo

Katrina — June 28, 2010 @ 8:46 am

All I want are these cookies. 50 of them!

Kelly — June 28, 2010 @ 8:55 am

As always you make me salivate dear, in a purely platonic, food-related way of course. Those look so scrumptious. I didn’t use to be big on the peanut butter/chocolate combo but it is totally growing on me and I even love that I can find peanut butter chips @ Whole Foods with no hydrogenated oils. Yay!

• Jessica — June 28th, 2010 @ 8:59 am

I need to find those next time I’m there!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — June 28, 2010 @ 8:58 am

Yum – that’s all I really have to say!

Lynn @ Max in the Gym — June 28, 2010 @ 9:15 am

Agreed. You can’t go wrong with PB and chocolate.

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies — June 28, 2010 @ 9:58 am

That batter alone…oh my gossssh.

Marina — June 28, 2010 @ 9:59 am

I should really make some cookies like that soon, I adore peanut butter and chocolate combo. These look perfect for a snack with cold cold milk

Blond Duck — June 28, 2010 @ 10:33 am

Classic combo!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — June 28, 2010 @ 10:34 am

Please, send some cookies over to Finland!!!! :D

A Teenage Gourmet — June 28, 2010 @ 10:37 am

Chocolate and peanut butter is great! But the best ever? I don’t think so. There’s blue cheese & dried apricots, goat cheese & walnuts, chocolate & coffee. <3 Mmmm. :D

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness — June 28, 2010 @ 10:48 am

oh you! .. this just look/sound heavenly :)

Mr. How Sweet It Is — June 28, 2010 @ 10:51 am

I like that your blog is similar to Foxnews ticker at the bottom of the TV…Dow down 8 points….Sen. Byrd passes away….Mrs. How Sweet is not preggers….Netherlands moves on in Word Cup.

Lauren — June 28, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

How do you eat all of these amazing and rich foods and desserts and still look SO great? I am sure you get the Q all the time!

Kathleen — June 28, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

There is absolutely nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. And odd, yet delicious, combo I make if I want something sweet, but don’t have time to bake is peanut butter and chocolate chips on a whole wheat tortilla.

• Jessica — June 28th, 2010 @ 12:09 pm

Oh my gosh I eat that all the time, too! Such a delicious and healthy snack!

Nicole, RD — June 28, 2010 @ 12:09 pm

YUmmmmm!!! Any leftovers? They look chewy and amazing!

Ashley — June 28, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

Ohhh heavens yessss…When you are preggo you’re soooo going to crave veggies!!! hahahaha I might make these tomorrow if I have time for the husband’s arrival back to the US!

Abby — June 28, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I decided last night that I need to cut out the crap in my diet, and I thought I would be fine….until I read this.

But these aren’t considered crap, are they???

(send me some, k?)

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — June 28, 2010 @ 1:15 pm

It’s like you made this recipe for me! Not too sweet chocolatey cookie with peanut butter? Sounds better than perfect!

gina — June 28, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

You got me at dark chocolate, peanut butter my two favorite sweets! Yum so glad I found you, I will have to make some after my healthy wild rice vinaigrette salad.
    much love,
    great blog!
    Gina

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Crash & Burn « Heather's Dish

3. Pingback: 8 Tips on Baking For Two | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: spooky friday « Andi on the go

5. Pingback: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches « A Kitchen in Cabbagetown

6. Pingback: Final Cut Pro X Anamorphic

7. Pingback: Galletas de Chocolate y Chispas de Mantequilla de Maní | Lorenza's Cupcakes

8. Pingback: This is it. Last Auctionable Cookies! (April) — Super Power Speech