Whenever I’m aching for a good workout, I know intervals can get the job done.

I needed something to get me back in the groove this morning after long walks on the beach, bottomless glasses, toasty sandwiches full of bacon, and fried seafood dipped in butter.

Thinking back on it, the only ‘something’ I need to get back in the groove is another one of those vacations.

This treadmill workout will have to do.

3 Minute Treadmill Intervals

5 minute warm up

For 9 minutes: 1 minute at 6.5; 1 minute at 5.5; 1 minute at 4.0

For 9 minutes: 1 minute at 8.0; 1 minute at 6.5; 1 minute at 4.0

For 6 minutes: 1 minute at 8.5; 1 minute at 6.5; 1 minute at 3.5

For 6 minutes: 1 minute at 9.0; 1 minute at 3.5; 1 minute at 6.0

For 9 minutes: 1 minute at 7.0; 1 minute; at 6.0; 1 minute at 4.0

10 minute cool down

17 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: 3 Minute Intervals.”

Kristina — June 21, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

I’ve recently started running again… and I’ve been trying intervals on my treadmill. whew. I LOVE them. :)

Mellissa — June 21, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

I love intervals, they leave me feeling like I got a kick butt workout.

Kristen @ Change of Pace — June 21, 2010 @ 4:48 pm

Interval anything always kicks my butt! It sounds easy but jeesh it’s hard. It does keep your mind occupied though!

Eunice — June 21, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Um.. my little legs can’t fathom going at 9.0! But if I recall correctly, you are a fellow shorty (tall-impaired?). Sooo if you can do it, then dammit so can I! Let me work on getting up to 8.0 first :)

• Jessica — June 21st, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

You can do it! You may want to die for that whole 60 seconds, but you can definitely do it. :)

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — June 21, 2010 @ 5:47 pm

I might need to borrow this to kick my own ass on the treadmill tomorrow!! :) Gotta love intervals!

ida — June 21, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

Looks like a great workout! i get so bored on the treadmill, but i bet this workout would keep me on my toes.

Wei-Wei — June 21, 2010 @ 8:37 pm

Intervals are hard :( I did them in PE class and they kicked my butt, big time. Great for a workout, though :D

Wei-Wei

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — June 22, 2010 @ 1:04 am

I did intervals today, too!! Kicked my bum, but they were awesome!

MelissaNibbles — June 22, 2010 @ 3:10 am

Great HIIT workout. Feel the burn!

Kacy — June 22, 2010 @ 5:14 am

Looks killer!

Amanda — June 22, 2010 @ 8:40 am

I wish I would actually just DO one of these workouts instead of complaining how fat I am. ;)

Blessings-
    Amanda

Lindsey @ Foodie on the Rocks — June 24, 2010 @ 9:04 am

I love intervals! Can’t wait to try these! I some last week that involved 3 instances of 30 seconds at 10 mph. I honestly wasn’t even sure if I was capable of running at 10 mph. I even did the first one at 9.9, but then I just realized it was a mental thing! It was a great feeling to finish that one!!

• Jessica — June 24th, 2010 @ 9:12 am

That is awesome!!

Karla — July 10, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

Wow! This sounds intense. I’m writing this on the back of my hand on Monday morning before I go to the gym! I’ve never tried to go past 7.5 on the treadmill. You just gave me the courage to give it a whirl! Thanks!!!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fitness Kick Start: 3 Minute Intervals. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Baked Falafel « Foodologie