I mentioned on Tuesday that I was doing body part splits in the gym this week, basically just to switch it up. I felt like lifting heavier than I normally do (which is still pretty heavy), and also didn’t feel like getting up early enough to do my usually upper/lower/full body workout, or whatever the flavor of the month may be.

I just get bored so easily.

I thought I’d share the entire week with ya.

A Week In Lifts

Legs: walking lunges (5 x 20), step ups (4 x 10 each leg), deadlifts (5 x 8), single leg angled press (4 x 8 each leg)

Shoulders & Chest: click here

Back: pullups (5 x 8), seated row (4 x 8), lat pulldowns (4 x 10), prone incline rear delt fly (4 x 10)

Biceps & Triceps: pushups (5 x 20), triceps dips (5 x 8), overhead triceps ext (4 x 10), seated incline biceps curls (4 x 10), hammer curls (4 x 10)

Let is just be said that I never work biceps and triceps alone, ever. This may have only been my 4th or 5th time of doing so in over 10 years of lifting. I hate working biceps. I hate working chest. I hate working abs. I think I have gone through entire competition preps getting away with doing 5 biceps exercises. Boo. Hiss.

It was fun, but next week I’ll probably go back to my normal routine, which is hilarious since I don’t really have a routine at all.

What was your favorite workout this week?

10 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: A Week In Lifts.”

Wei-Wei — June 26, 2010 @ 5:51 am

O_O it actually sounds really hard. BUT. Lifting is great strength training! Thanks for sharing :)

Wei-Wei

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) — June 26, 2010 @ 7:38 am

I get bored easily too. THat’s why I’m ALWAYS mixing it up.

When I was hard-core and lean, I used to spend and entire hour doing biceps or doing triceps- gah, no thanks! I used to LOVE abs, now I hate them- what’s with that?

Hmmm, what was my fave workout? so many: zumba, a gorgeous hike, another dance class, crazy step- couldn’t choose! :-)

Thanks for sharing a week-in-the-life with us!

Becki @ HikeBikeEat — June 26, 2010 @ 8:04 am

I do the same workout every morning but never get tired of it – an hourlong hike up to the top of these cliffs by my house that look out to the ocean. It’s a pain to get up there day after day, but the view makes it worth the pain!

• Jessica — June 26th, 2010 @ 8:17 am

I would never get tired of that either. It sounds beautiful!

Meg — June 26, 2010 @ 9:00 am

I love lifting now, I used to hate it. I like pilates, too :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — June 26, 2010 @ 10:08 am

Work it! hehe. Sometimes it’s good to remind yourself why you do what you do.

Right now, at seven months pregnant running has gone from four times a week to one or two and I walk a couple miles every day. Thats about that!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 26, 2010 @ 11:00 pm

you’re built like a superhero…you work your bi’s like once…and you’re golden. Then there’s me. Dying to put on size. And grunting w/ the guys to get there! :)

MelissaNibbles — June 27, 2010 @ 4:08 am

Great workout. Like Averie said above, I wish I could put on size as easy :)

katie — June 27, 2010 @ 8:15 pm

umm hello!! can i come workout with you?! U ARE AWESOME

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fitness Kick Start: A Week In Lifts. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com