It was so much nicer out today.

Super hot without a cloud in the sky.

And I have the lobster legs to prove it.

Even after 4-5 applications of sunscreen, I still got fried. You’d think I’m closer to the equator or something.

We spent hours on the beach before moving up to to the pool.

Lots of lemonade-beer was consumed. . .

. . .and lots of cornhole played.

Speaking of cornhole, my brother actually made these boards. Built them and painted them – without stencils. Isn’t he a great artist?

They also doubled as lounge chairs today.

Today is my cousin Lacy’s birthday! She is the closest thing I have ever had to a sister, and we have always been at the beach to celebrate it.

Many nights we eat in, which I’m sure has nothing to do with the amount of adult beverages consumed.

The men do all of the cooking on vacation. My uncle is an amazing cook and my dad whips up some mean seafood. Lacy knew exactly what she wanted for her birthday dinner.

We started with some lobsters. . .

. . .and my dad made his incredible scallops and fish.

I didn’t cook a drop. And it was fabulous.

We ate our delicious dinner at 10pm. This is not unusual for us.

It was loaded with lobster mac and cheese. . .

. . .breaded scallops and scallops in wine and bread crumbs. . .

. . .clams (with bacon!). . .

and fabulous fresh flounder.

I snapped a terrible dark picture of Mr. How Sweet and I, unshowered and dirty from the beach, showing off more of my despicable photography skills.

I will try to snap some more photos of us tomorrow, but I’m a bit too busy living to be hiding behind a camera all day.

And then we sang happy birthday to Lacy and ate cake at 11:15.

This is just how we roll. Breakfast at noon, lunch from a bottle, and dinner at 10.

It’s totally worth it.

Gotta go – the party is just starting!

16 Responses to “Fun in the Sun.”

Katie — June 17, 2010 @ 9:18 pm

Tooo much fun. Those cornhole boards are amazing…can your brother make me some?

Glad the sun came out – keep livin’ it up. :-)

Wei-Wei — June 18, 2010 @ 12:23 am

Hahahaha “Clams (with bacon!)” You make me laugh. <3 This dinner looks absolutely fabulous… and happy birthday to Lucy! I actually like late dinners and cake at like midnight… makes it seem so much more fun to lose track of time :D

Wei-Wei

April — June 18, 2010 @ 4:16 am

Now I thought I was a redneck. Using the cornhole boards as a lounge chair is just genius!!

My hubs loves that beer. I may have to try some on the 4th.

Your food looks great as always!!

Ally @ Sweet & Savory — June 18, 2010 @ 4:57 am

Love your vacation pics! Enjoy the sun, beer, cornhole (a fave of ours as well!) and just soak it all in…that is what vacation is for. Drink a beer for me!

Stephanie — June 18, 2010 @ 5:04 am

I’ve never seen that lemonade beer but I must find it!!! No worries, we are totally the same way at the beach, meal times are just so much different but I like it that way… a late dinner just screams “vacation” to me :) Glad you are having such a great time, that seafood feast is seriously drool-worthy.

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — June 18, 2010 @ 5:06 am

Sounds like a great vacation! Enjoy your family!

Caitlin — June 18, 2010 @ 5:12 am

What is this “lemonade beer” you speak of?? I have NEVER heard of it and literally stared at the can for at least a solid minute.

I love your Dad. Like, really. I know I have never met him but I can tell he is awesome and that y’all are close like I am with mine. So happy to see y’all are living it up and enjoying vacation!!!

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 18, 2010 @ 5:35 am

Happy Birthday to Lacy! Looks like such a fun trip! I love vacationing with my family…it is so much fun! Now Keith’s family…um…not so much! hehe!

homecookedem — June 18, 2010 @ 6:17 am

How fun!! I love going on vacations with the entire family. Lots of laughing and EATING involved!! :) Enjoy the rest of your time!! :)

Jessica (Fit and Clean) — June 18, 2010 @ 6:21 am

The FOOD looks wonderful! Can y’all come and cook for me??? What beach are you at? My family leaves for Sandestin, FL tomorrow :) Can’t wait!! Lookin’ good, girl! Family time is so important!

Amanda — June 18, 2010 @ 7:34 am

Oh my gosh!! What awesome food and memories!!!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — June 18, 2010 @ 7:47 am

I want to party with you and your family! Sounds like the PERFECT vacation. I’ve been known to enjoy a few liquid lunches.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 18, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

Happy Birthday to your friend Lacy!!

The lobster mac and cheese, and in fact all of the food, sounds fabulous! I want the leftovers – but I doubt there are any!

Pure2raw twins — June 18, 2010 @ 4:23 pm

Looks like a great time in the sun!!

Anne — June 19, 2010 @ 3:24 am

Looks like a great party! :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Fun in the Sun. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com