Everyone loves a delicious smoothie.

Could I have posted a more boring recipe today while I’m lying on the beach?

Yes. Yes I could have.

It could have involved broccoli.

Instead I wanted you to feel like you are at the beach right besides me.

You know, minus the rum.

The verdict is still out on mangoes.

I can’t decide if I love them alone.

I always figured I would, since I love mango lip gloss and body lotion, but when I finally shelled out my entire paycheck for a mango, it just tasted a bit. . .off. Nothing like lip gloss or body lotion.

Anyone else know what I’m saying?

Good. Because I don’t.

Regardless, I love mango when it’s mixed with something.

Like scallops. Or coconut. Or eggs.
Or even. . .salad.

Who am I? The sun must be frying my brain.

Mango Vanilla Bean Smoothie

1/2 mango, chopped

1/4 cup plain greek yogurt

3/4 cup milk – I used vanilla almond milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

contents of 1/2 vanilla bean

Combine all ingredients in a blended and mix until smooth. Garnish with additional mango slices.

Are you a mango-lover?

What is your favorite way to eat it?

65 Responses to “Mango Vanilla Bean Smoothie.”

lola — June 16, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

the smoothie looks delicious! mangoes are one of those weird foods that sometimes i love but sometimes i never want to eat.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 16, 2010 @ 9:38 pm

I think you should be good and sauced right now on Malibu. And I hope that you are! And that you’re having a fab time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo

Kare — June 16, 2010 @ 10:35 pm

A perfectly ripe mango all by itself = heaven. But it has to be JUST right.

Fit Chick in the City — June 17, 2010 @ 4:06 am

I’m not a mango lover. In fact I avoid most things with them and yet I’m not sure why. Maybe I would like them in a smoothie.

ashley — June 17, 2010 @ 6:48 am

You can’t decide if you like mango alone or not? I’m not sure if we can be blogger friends anymore. haha. They’re sooooo good!!! Mango & Cherries are my absolute faves!

Anne @ Your Kind of Salad — June 17, 2010 @ 9:46 am

I was dying at this; since I too have a love/hate relationship with the mango! I wrote a post about how I thought mangoes tasted like hot garbage – but when I had them dried; I loved them. But raw (or in other dishes, I’m NOT into them). Mangoes – you so crazy!

Emily @ For Sweets Sake — June 21, 2010 @ 12:40 pm

I was looking for a good recipe for a lonely mango I have in my kitchen! I might add some protein powder and make a post workout smoothie with your recipe! :)

Elizabeth — March 16, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Wow, that sounds and looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.

ashly — May 22, 2011 @ 8:38 am

I LOVE mangos!!! and actually when they’re really soft I eat the peal ‘n’ all!!

Fee — March 21, 2013 @ 1:10 pm

By the way, your recipes are DELISH. Thank you!
    I love mangoes in blended with strawberries and sweet papaya. When I don’t have time to sit and eat my fruits, I blend them all and go. Voila!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Mango Vanilla Bean Smoothie. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Friday Fruit « Graduate Gourmande