I never get to go to brunch.

Woe is me.

In fact, I don’t know if I’ve ever had brunch?

I need to get on this.

I created a faux brunch with a bit of bacon and a boatload of calories.

The spread?

Multigrain Waffles, White Chocolate Cherry Granola & Yogurt, and Grilled Banana Crepes with Fresh Strawberry Cream

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cheeseball, and Bacon Stuffed Avocado

I can already feel my pants tightening.

You may want to add a few veggies in there.

It’s a tad carb heavy.

16 Responses to “Menu: Big Summer Brunch.”

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 24, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

You definitely need to get on the brunch train. Drinking, breakfast items, lunch items, AND dessert items? What’s not to love? ;-)

Katie — June 24, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

Brunch is my absolute favorite meal in the world. I wish it happened everyday. This menu looks fabulous…I don’t know how I’ve never seen your bacon stuffed avocado – that’s genius. Love that fat.

Eliana — June 24, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

Oh honey you need to get to brunch as soon as possible. It’s the highlight of everyone of my weekends. If you are in NYC you can come to my place anytime. My husband and I do it up all the time – bubbles included :)

Jil — June 24, 2010 @ 6:23 pm

Umm that brunch spread sounds … amazing.

Wei-Wei — June 24, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

I’m going to go downstairs and make oatmeal now. Boo. (I love oatmeal, but after seeing waffles, crepes, CHEESEBALLS (?!) it doesn’t seem too exciting.)

Wei-Wei

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — June 24, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

Brunch is where it’s at! You need to get on the bandwagon now!

Becki @ HikeBikeEat — June 24, 2010 @ 10:27 pm

I don’t think there’s such a thing as too many carbs. No, I’m sure there isn’t.

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 24, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

I never go to brunch, either! I’ve been so out of touch with trends since the mid 80s, lol.

Your brunch sounds amazing, though! I’d come to yours. :D

Jenn

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — June 25, 2010 @ 2:54 am

ahh i want that waffle!!! carb heavy is the only way to go for brunch :)

carolinebee — June 25, 2010 @ 3:43 am

YUM YUM YUM! I agree though, u need to go to brunch..it’s so awesome when everything else is made for you :D Also mimosa’s and bloody mary’s, mmmmm…so happy to catch up on all your AMAZING recipes Jess!! xo

Amanda — June 25, 2010 @ 5:37 am

You know I LOVE when you do this!! SO easy for my and all my un-organized-edness. :)

Blessings to you sweet Jessica!
    AManda

Kacy — June 25, 2010 @ 8:07 am

I love brunch, it’s my fave dining out meal! You can drink at 10 a.m. on a Sunday AND you can have breakfast and dinner food at the same time. What could be better than that?

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 25, 2010 @ 3:11 pm

Carb heavy = total bliss!!! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 25, 2010 @ 3:42 pm

I love brunch, and I LOVE carbs!

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com — June 29, 2010 @ 4:55 pm

I think I am in love with that photo. Can I marry a waffle – and can I marry one if I am already married? i mean – it really can’t be ‘cheating’ if I am seeing a carb – right?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Menu - Big Summer Brunch: -- Topsy.com