If all vegetables were covered in bread crumbs and cheese, I would surely eat them.

Like the rest of veggies, I want nothing to do with artichoke hearts unless they have the proper seasoning or are floating in a big bowl of oooey, gooey cheese.

I sometimes do enjoy the flavor of them on their own, at least for a few bites. Maybe it’s the texture that throws me off?

My most favorite way to eat artichokes is by stuffing them, but these come in at a close second.

They make a great side dish, or even a meal in my case. Once I start eating them I can’t stop, so there is rarely room for anything else.

Except bacon. You know there is always room for bacon.

Parmesan Baked Artichokes

1 14oz can artichokes in water, drained

1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 oz freshly shaved parmesan

Preheat oven to 375.

Layer artichokes in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt, garlic and italian seasoning. Add bread crumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan on top. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove artichokes from oven and turn on broiler. Top with shaved parmesan and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.

I don’t think you can ever go wrong by covering something cheese. Am I right or am I right?

64 Responses to “Parmesan Baked Artichokes.”

Erica — June 17, 2010 @ 4:40 am

Josh and I both LOVE artichokes. This looks incredible. Totally makin it!

Ashley — June 17, 2010 @ 4:41 am

Im obsessed with artichokes but always eat them on pizza, sandwiches and things like that. I’ve never made it into a side dish. Recipe to put on file for sure!!!

homecookedem — June 17, 2010 @ 4:43 am

I want those, if only for the cheese on top… mmmm!!! :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — June 17, 2010 @ 4:44 am

hahaha, your approach to veggies is hilarious.

I LOVE artichokes and was even craving them last night! I should have made something like this. I’m sure my husband would like it even though he’s not a huge fan of them.

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — June 17, 2010 @ 4:44 am

Num, num, num!

Julie @ Pickley Pear — June 17, 2010 @ 4:56 am

Brilliant recipe…so easy! I have trouble finding artichokes in water. Thanks!

Evelyn @ cheers2healthy — June 17, 2010 @ 5:04 am

Bacon in this dish would be the perfect addition :D

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — June 17, 2010 @ 5:21 am

Oh, heck yeah! Now you are talking! I have some Daiya left…I think I know what it would go well on! I hope you are enjoying your trip! Have a great day in the sun!

Tracy — June 17, 2010 @ 5:32 am

Oooh I totally want some of this, and it’s not even 9am yet. ;-) I love artichokes!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — June 17, 2010 @ 5:49 am

OMG, Jess. These are ABSOLUTELY going on my must make list!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — June 17, 2010 @ 6:30 am

OMG those look great! And I’m pretty sure I have all those ingredients sitting right in my fridge right now…. YESSSS!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health — June 17, 2010 @ 6:37 am

You are SO right!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 17, 2010 @ 6:44 am

I am drooling over that melty, browned cheese … to-die-for.

ashley — June 17, 2010 @ 6:45 am

if jessica the veggie hater likes artichokes, maybe I need to give them a try again. Its been years since I’ve really had artichokes and these look really good! :-)

Taylor — June 17, 2010 @ 6:55 am

Yummm! I want these right NOW!

Eunice — June 17, 2010 @ 6:57 am

The texture of artichokes freaks me out a little too. The bf would hate if I covered them in cheese, but they look delicious to me! Maybe I’ll throw some on a plate for him right out of the jar and make mine a little cheesier. :)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 17, 2010 @ 7:00 am

I’m the same way– there’s definitely something about the texture of artichokes that kind of throws me for a loop after a few bites. But, buried under enough cheese, I’d be willing to overlook it :-) This looks awesome!

Amanda — June 17, 2010 @ 7:06 am

This looks amazing! Yum!

Mellissa — June 17, 2010 @ 7:27 am

I had a similar dip at a restaurant last night and it was amazing, but I bet yours was better!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — June 17, 2010 @ 7:38 am

i LOVE artichokes and find it boring to eat them just steamed and with a butter dip so this looks perfect! of course if it is covered in cheese :)

Eliana — June 17, 2010 @ 7:43 am

I’d eat anything over in breadcumbs and cheese. These look awesome.

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches — June 17, 2010 @ 7:46 am

I’m totally with you on the cheese thing. It makes all things better. :) I definitely want to try out this recipe! I have some fresh parmesand just waiting to be used up.

Jason — June 17, 2010 @ 7:48 am

Amazing looking artichokes. Never understood why artichokes get such a bad name, I love them in just about any form in food.

Karla — June 17, 2010 @ 7:52 am

Artichokes covered in cheese!!!! I’ve died and gone to heaven!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — June 17, 2010 @ 8:18 am

A healthy coating of cheese has saved many cooking disasters in my kitchen!

Wei-Wei — June 17, 2010 @ 8:45 am

Hahaha I actually really like artichoke hearts! I’ve only ever had artichokes once before, and that time I had to peel through all the leaves by myself. But I could dip it in hollandaise, so that was good.

I can totally see you just picking the cheese off and saying that you ate your veggies ;)

Wei-Wei

Krystal — June 17, 2010 @ 8:51 am

OMG…these look amazing!!!

Camille — June 17, 2010 @ 9:06 am

I love artichokes! I will be trying this for sure!

Miranda @ MirandasJeans — June 17, 2010 @ 9:08 am

This makes me think of the drooling sound that Homer Simpson makes. In a good way.

Midgetkeeper — June 17, 2010 @ 9:12 am

I want these now!

Yum Yucky — June 17, 2010 @ 9:27 am

Man, that looks good! Too bad last time I tried to feed the family artichokes they almost strung me up. But your concoction looks sooooo deeelightful.

Blond Duck — June 17, 2010 @ 9:35 am

Oh my God. Drooling.

Nicole, RD — June 17, 2010 @ 9:40 am

You are so right! Those look AWESOME!

sophia — June 17, 2010 @ 9:54 am

I love artichokes so I could eat them plain, but slathered with parmesan and baked? Doesn’t sound too bad to me! ;-)

Jennifurla — June 17, 2010 @ 10:12 am

just happen to have a can in mu cupboard, making this weekend. THanks.

Anne — June 17, 2010 @ 10:26 am

You can NEVER go wrong by covering something with cheese!!! :)

Hallie — June 17, 2010 @ 10:38 am

I don’t like cheese (sometimes ricotta or a little Parmesan is OK, but that’s about it)…I know, I know. Can we still be friends? I like dessert a LOT, so I figure the no-cheese thing allows me about 4 extra cookies after dinner…right?

Lauren — June 17, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

You have turned into my new girl crush! What a tremendous idea! I can’t WAIT to serve this up!!!

Erin @ Making Memories — June 17, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Oh my! This looks so good. You’re so right – cover it with cheese adn I’ll eat it!

Kristi — June 17, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

I think this could be made even better with the addition of bacon crumbles !

Katrina — June 17, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

Thanks for posting about veggies! I love artichokes, and these look amazing.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses — June 17, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

Looks delish! I second the bacon!

Kelly

Kristen — June 17, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

These look great. I also think that anything can be made better covered in cheese. How can you go wrong?

Deborah — June 17, 2010 @ 6:54 pm

I love anything swimming in cheese, but these look especially inviting!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 17, 2010 @ 7:00 pm

OHMIGOSH i just had the best idea…we should take a blogger’s weekend to COOK and EAT together…you do the cooking, i’ll take care of the eating :) but for real…but it has to be in Pittsburgh because the altitude here will screw with it all…

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — June 17, 2010 @ 7:48 pm

I’m so excited about this!! Reminds me of spinach artichoke dip :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 17, 2010 @ 8:32 pm

i went back and looked at your artichoke tutorial. b/c i suck at cleaning/making them and have ruined TONS of them. Eggplant and artichoke are NOT my forte!

And your trip pics…FABULOUS! I hadnt been on til now so when we were emailing I was unaware of this goodness :)

No wait, that malibu and cran…that’s the goodness :)

xoxo

Sinful Southern Sweets — June 18, 2010 @ 3:46 am

Oh man! Those look unreal!!

megan — June 20, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

These look amazing! A “must try” for sure. Thumbs up on this jewel of a side dish.

Kat — June 21, 2010 @ 8:39 am

Just stumbled onto your site from Marriage confessions, and OH MY GOSH this is mouth watering!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Parmesan Baked Artichokes. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Parmesan Baked Chicken & Artichoke Penne