Last week I got some of Ashley’s famous nutbutters. Swoon.

Despite the army of ants that came along with the package, the spreads were incredible.

They put me in the nutbutter-making mood. And a nutbutter-eating mood.

This is by far my most favorite flavor I have ever created.

Salt, chocolate, and pecan? Someone please just give me some caramel and let’s call it a turtle.

Oh…wait. I do have caramel sauce in my fridge. I don’t need to tell you what I did with that. All I know is that I’m gonna need a shoe horn to fit into my pants next week. And, in fact, my shoes.

The last thing I need to get bigger is my feet.

Doesn’t it almost look like ice cream?

Yeah, well it’s not.

It’s better. It’s healthy. Put it in a cone and start licking.

Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter

1 cup pecans

1 1/2 heaping tablespoons organic cocoa powder

2-3 tablespoons maple syrup

1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt

In a food processor, add pecans and pulse until smooth. Add cocoa powder and pulse until combined. Drizzle in maple syrup until desired consistency is reached. Add sea salt 1/4 teaspoon at a time, tasting after each addition.

I literally had to tear my spoon-holding hand away from this just so I could snap the picture.

It is sweet and salty and smooth and buttery. Dig in!

78 Responses to “Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter.”

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 9, 2010 @ 4:11 pm

Oh my goodness!!! I am dreaming about putting this butter in my oatmeal – mmmmmmm mmmmmmm!!!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — June 9, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

Holy delicious! That looks wonderful!

Faith @ lovelyascharged — June 9, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Wowza, does that ever look incredible! It’s a frickin PMS dream!

Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 9, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

That looks amazing! I can think of a million ways to enjoy that, but I think just a basic spoon to lips would work best, LOL.

Jenn

Katie — June 9, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

So, so perfect. It looks like raw cake…and I eat about one of those a day – so I’m sold. I love the ice cream cone vehicle, too!

Ashlei — June 9, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

Looks amazing!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health — June 9, 2010 @ 6:28 pm

I actually thought you had the nut butter in a cone in that first photo, haha! It’s really not a bad idea :P I need to make my own nut butter stat…!

Jess — June 9, 2010 @ 7:05 pm

mhmm this sounds fantastic! i need to make asap… i might try a batch with hazelnuts.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing — June 9, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

For real?! Amazing…

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 9, 2010 @ 8:53 pm

Im on borrowed time, we made it. What a freakin 48 hrs. Now i have about 5 other blogs to hit and my borrowed time is about to be up. i made it, im “home”, thank god :) And god, what i wouldnt give for some of your choc pecan buttter. I saw that Evan made/adapted it. First blog i hit was his, and he linkedyou, who was going to be my 2nd blog. Miss you!

Brooke (Baking with Basil) — June 9, 2010 @ 9:05 pm

Looks and sounds delish!! Homemade nutbutters are the best. I’ll definitely have to give this combination a try!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — June 9, 2010 @ 9:50 pm

FOODGASM! holy girl this looks amazing!!!! :)

terri — June 10, 2010 @ 4:54 am

heaven. i dont know where you come up with all your yummy recipes/ideas, but this has to be one of the best! thanks for sharing!

lola — June 10, 2010 @ 11:56 am

wow, that looks amazing!

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes — June 10, 2010 @ 1:52 pm

This is just ridiculous. Anything involving salted chocolate has been calling my name lately – and the fact that we’re calling this healthy is making me happy. Bookmarking! xxSAS

Eliana — June 13, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

All I can say is YUM!

Ingrid — July 16, 2010 @ 9:44 am

This may knock me off my diet! Time to have a day off! :)

Mo'Betta — July 16, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this fabulous looking creation. I must make it immediately! I don’t know why is hasn’t occurred to me to make my own nut butters….probably b/c my domestic goddess capabilities fall somewhat short….and I run at 5 too, 6.5 would last about 10 seconds and 9 would have me on my face.

Mrsblocko — April 7, 2011 @ 10:03 am

I made this spread and wrote about it here. For some reason the oils from the pecans separated and did not want to come back together again, which made it very difficult to eat. So, I used it in “peanut butter” cookies and it was awesome!

Jamie — January 12, 2012 @ 11:36 am

Yeah, just made this…REALLY??? It almost didn’t make it into the jar. I had to have some willpower. Faaaaabulous recipe:)

Karen — April 4, 2014 @ 2:01 pm

How much will this recipe make? Does anyone know? Looks delish. Thanks.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Food Makes Fun Fuel » Blog Archive » Delicious