Last week I got some of Ashley’s famous nutbutters. Swoon.

Despite the army of ants that came along with the package, the spreads were incredible.

They put me in the nutbutter-making mood. And a nutbutter-eating mood.

This is by far my most favorite flavor I have ever created.

Salt, chocolate, and pecan? Someone please just give me some caramel and let’s call it a turtle.

Oh…wait. I do have caramel sauce in my fridge. I don’t need to tell you what I did with that. All I know is that I’m gonna need a shoe horn to fit into my pants next week. And, in fact, my shoes.

The last thing I need to get bigger is my feet.

Doesn’t it almost look like ice cream?

Yeah, well it’s not.

It’s better. It’s healthy. Put it in a cone and start licking.

Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter

1 cup pecans

1 1/2 heaping tablespoons organic cocoa powder

2-3 tablespoons maple syrup

1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt

In a food processor, add pecans and pulse until smooth. Add cocoa powder and pulse until combined. Drizzle in maple syrup until desired consistency is reached. Add sea salt 1/4 teaspoon at a time, tasting after each addition.

I literally had to tear my spoon-holding hand away from this just so I could snap the picture.

It is sweet and salty and smooth and buttery. Dig in!

78 Responses to “Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter.”

JocelynEatsFresh — June 9, 2010 @ 4:04 am

mmmmm that looks delish! I am a sucker for anythin sweet AND salty! Great creation!

Marisa (Loser for Life) — June 9, 2010 @ 4:21 am

Your blog is going to be the death of any future weight loss for me! I hold you personally responsible ;)

Seriously…YUM!

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — June 9, 2010 @ 4:32 am

I love the sound of this! I can add it to my raw-curious phase I’m going through at the moment. ;-)

Morgan — June 9, 2010 @ 4:32 am

one word: drool!

Simply Life — June 9, 2010 @ 4:39 am

Seriously?! WOW! This looks soooo good!

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches — June 9, 2010 @ 4:40 am

That sounds amazing. Do you think agave would work as a sub for the maple syrup?

• Jessica — June 9th, 2010 @ 6:20 am

Yes, I think it would!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] — June 9, 2010 @ 4:41 am

Um, yes. PLEASE.

Katrina — June 9, 2010 @ 4:41 am

Oh my, I want to put this spread on EVERYTHING. It tastes so amazing!!

homecookedem — June 9, 2010 @ 4:46 am

I still haven’t ever made my own nut butter!! This recipe sounds amazing. I really should make it b/c I don’t think I’ve ever seen pecan butter for sale. Looks great!! :)

Stephanie — June 9, 2010 @ 4:58 am

drooling drooling drooling all over my keyboard haha!!! u r so creative in the kitchen, another winner right here girl :)

Sophie @ yumventures — June 9, 2010 @ 5:03 am

Looks so good! I bet that would be great made into nut butter cookies! Yum :)

Heather — June 9, 2010 @ 5:06 am

what kind of food processor should I invest in?

• Jessica — June 9th, 2010 @ 5:28 am

I have a Cuisinart and I love it. I have never had an issue with it. I can’t speak for any others, but I think Cuisinart is great!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — June 9, 2010 @ 5:16 am

I LOVE making my own nut butters! They are thick, chunky and creamy…and full of flavor! This one looks so good! Seriously though…pecans and chocolate…could you really go wrong? I have made pecan butter before and it tastes like pecan pie without all the goo…I had to remove myself from the same room as the pecan butter…too addictive!

Gabriela — June 9, 2010 @ 5:20 am

This sounds heavenly. I wish I had a food processor that worked properly…mine had trouble with avocadoes yesterday. I love salt + chocolate in anything though!

Wei-Wei — June 9, 2010 @ 5:28 am

Swoon is right. I mean, look at that. SWOON. Salt + chocolate + nut butter. It’s like a reese’s peanut butter cup, all in one. Except better. And with salt. And pecans. And did I mention salt?

Wei-Wei

Abby — June 9, 2010 @ 5:33 am

I’m obsessed with Pecan Butter by itself. I’m afraid to try it with chocolate and salt…it might be a serious addiction in the making!! Ahhhh….

Erica — June 9, 2010 @ 5:39 am

mmm homemade nut butter deliciousness. Sounds awesome. Chocolate & nuts go together too well…its just not right ;)

Christie {Honoring Health} — June 9, 2010 @ 5:43 am

An you’ve done it again, my dear.

Drool.

kate — June 9, 2010 @ 5:45 am

Im game for chocolate + anything!

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 9, 2010 @ 5:57 am

That sounds wonderful. I have never thought to try or make pecan butter…guess I need to remedy that soon!

Yum Yucky — June 9, 2010 @ 6:00 am

I’ve never had anything like that before, but it looks dangerously good. Can you send it through the Foodie Fax? 1-800-555-FOOD

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibbl) — June 9, 2010 @ 6:15 am

Oh wow… foodgasms. Yum!

xo
    K

Jenna — June 9, 2010 @ 6:24 am

I have never tried pecan butter, but this looks like it could be very, very bad for my waistline. However, 100% worth it!

brandi — June 9, 2010 @ 6:26 am

uh…yum! That sounds amazing!

Lindsey @ Foodie on the Rocks — June 9, 2010 @ 6:30 am

Can you say, chocolate pecan butter toast? Sounds like something I would have gone on a year long bender on when I was a kid… Like marshmellow creme and peanut butter sandwiches… Oh my delicious.

Meghan@traveleatlove — June 9, 2010 @ 6:41 am

Oh my gosh, every single thing you make looks amazing. How do you not eat it all in one sitting?!

Evan Thomas — June 9, 2010 @ 6:46 am

Yum! I have to try this. I find that 2 tbs coconut oil enhances the choc flavor in nut butters

Heather @ Side of Sneakers — June 9, 2010 @ 6:47 am

I could definitely eat that plain- it looks fabulous!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — June 9, 2010 @ 6:59 am

This sounds so ridiculously amazing. I am OBSESSED with pecans!

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) — June 9, 2010 @ 7:07 am

Okay, this sounds like the best nut butter recipe ever! I love pecans and maple together, but adding chocolate and salt is pure genius. Yum!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — June 9, 2010 @ 7:10 am

so the trick is added the syrup AFTER you grind the nuts…got it!! I need to make this!! i have a whole bunch of almonds in my kitchen so many I will sub the almonds for pecans, but thank you for this recipe!!!!! AMAZINGGG it does look like chocolate ice cream :)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — June 9, 2010 @ 7:19 am

Okay, I NEED a food processor. I think my blender would burst into flames if I tried this!

Kelly — June 9, 2010 @ 7:28 am

This is so smart. I’m addicted to the Harry & David banana peanut butter. I should just make it myself. That looks so lush and delicious. I bet it would be fanastic on a breakfast panini (sweet not savory of course) or inside a crepe.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 9, 2010 @ 7:33 am

oh my oh my oh my…that sounds ALMOST too good to be true! next time my parents bring a 5-gallon bag of shelled Texas pecans I know what i’m doing with them!

Miranda @ Mirandasjeans — June 9, 2010 @ 7:36 am

I am seriously so excited to make my first ever batch of nut butter, I am just waiting for my current store bought nut butters to runout, be used as OIAJ and then cleaned. Then I’ll already have the jars to store my own homemade nut butters in.

Ashley — June 9, 2010 @ 7:51 am

Nothing short of perfection!! Nut butters are one of my favorite things to experiment with now. The only one I like store bought more than made at home is plain peanut butter..The whole foods organic brand. The thick non-oily texture is just perfect! <3

Kacy — June 9, 2010 @ 7:55 am

I love your nut butter creations! They are so unique.

Kristina — June 9, 2010 @ 8:19 am

wow, yum. I love sweet + salt. I have been thinking of making a nut butter (I made pear butter yesterday instead…) and seeing this is even more inspiration to do so… I love nut butters and haven’t made one in so long!

and yes, on toast. that sounds TOO good.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 9, 2010 @ 8:33 am

Ha– it does look like ice cream!!! All the more reason to eat it with a spoon.

Mackenzie @ The Caramel Cookie — June 9, 2010 @ 8:38 am

LOVE this idea! Bet this would taste great on toast!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — June 9, 2010 @ 9:01 am

I will be making this as soon as I get back home to Texas…..looks and sounds absolutely amazing!

Blond Duck — June 9, 2010 @ 9:01 am

Healthy and delicious are always winners in my book!

CookiePie — June 9, 2010 @ 10:06 am

Salted. Chocolate. Pecan. Butter. Um, 4 of the best words in the English language — and you’ve put them together?? In a spread?? That I can have for breakfast??!! Oh yeah!!!!!

Melissa — June 9, 2010 @ 10:42 am

Mmmm. This is why I need a food processor ASAP. Or you need to start selling this. :)

Kate @ Cozydelicious — June 9, 2010 @ 10:50 am

I would eat this all up with a huge spoon. Dangerous! But I bet it would also make a great cookie… Add an egg, roll into balls in some sugar and bake. I’m totally trying it!

Erin at The Healthy Apron — June 9, 2010 @ 11:10 am

sweet and salty have to be the perfect combo

april — June 9, 2010 @ 11:23 am

OH yum! That looks like a big bowl of ice cream! If only you could eat that whole bowl huh??

Sara — June 9, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

I probably shouldn’t…but I’m totally going home and making this tonight! I cannot wait.

vanillasugar — June 9, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

you know i eat that justins honey almond butter on my oatmeal every other morning. it’s just so damn addicting. so i bet this one is just as addicting.

Paige (RAN) — June 9, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

I’ve never made (or had) pecan butter, but if there’s any one way to eat it, this is it!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Salted Chocolate Pecan Butter. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Food Makes Fun Fuel » Blog Archive » Delicious