I had high hopes for these brownies.

I wasn’t thrilled with the aesthetic result, though dipping them in white chocolate was their saving grace.

And coming into the kitchen to see two full rows missing let me know that they must have been tasty, albeit ugly.

Mr. How Sweet did a number on these, most likely standing over the sink with Diet Coke in hand.

The crumbs had his name all over them.

I used my go-to brownie recipe, but am not sure were I went wrong. The brownies turned out lighter in color and just not the same.

I am sure that the full glass of lemonade and sweet tea vodka that was sitting on the counter had nothing to do with my mistakes.

What can I say? It was a holiday.

While they may not have looked pretty, they tasted great.  The inside of the brownie was chocolatey and chewy, with a nice crumbly crust on top. The chocolate-dipped corner was rich and creamy, giving the brownie a delicious contrast.

White Chocolate-Dipped Brownies

1 stick unsalted butter

3 squares baking chocolate

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 10 x 10 square cake pan).  Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done. Cool completely.

Melt 1-2 cups of white chocolate chips and dip a corner of cooled brownies. Let chocolate get firm before serving.

While I wish that the weekend didn’t have to end, I would have had to make more brownies if it didn’t.

Brownies just don’t stand a chance in our house. Their life span is about 4 minutes long.

56 Responses to “White Chocolate-Dipped Brownies.”

Erica — June 1, 2010 @ 4:56 am

mmm. chocolate+chocolate? Deliciousness. I love my baked goods a little gooey. Fulling cooking baked goods is overrated ;)

Helen — June 1, 2010 @ 5:05 am

Brownies last for less than a day in my house and like you there’s only 2 of us!! These look fine, what’s not to love about chocolate dipped in more chocolate!

Wei-Wei — June 1, 2010 @ 5:07 am

Have you seen the TWD recipe this week? It’s WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES. Honestly. I don’t know why I never thought of it before – if blondies are brownies without the chocolate, then why not make them blonde, but with WHITE chocolate?! It’s genius!

These are genius, too, in their own way. What about white chocolate brownies dipped in white chocolate?! With BACON CRUMBLES?! I’m getting a little overexcited here, but brownies (and bacon) does that to me. <3

Wei-Wei

Katrina — June 1, 2010 @ 5:09 am

It’s ok. I’ve had your brownies before and know they’re delicious! Blame the holiday for the funny colour!! The white chocolate is a GREAT idea though…good thinking.

Jil — June 1, 2010 @ 5:19 am

Love the dippage!

Jill@MySoCalledHealthLife — June 1, 2010 @ 5:33 am

I think these look great! The lighter color looks a little more sophisticated than the regular brownie :-)

Estela @ Weekly Bite — June 1, 2010 @ 5:33 am

You are officially the queen of all brownies!! These look awesome! So what if a little sweet tea vodka spilled in ;)

Ashley — June 1, 2010 @ 5:35 am

That White Chocolate looks so good :) and creamy!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — June 1, 2010 @ 5:40 am

Wow!! Again, another great brownie! I think they look wonderful!

Betsy — June 1, 2010 @ 5:42 am

Jessica, you are a baking genius!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 1, 2010 @ 5:57 am

Okay, I don’t think those are ugly at all!!! I think they look delicious!

Daisy — June 1, 2010 @ 6:02 am

I love the light brown color! they do NOT look ugly!!

Heather — June 1, 2010 @ 6:04 am

their “ugliness” makes me want to eat them that much more! and i’m sure the fun you had with the lemonade & sweet tea vodka created some fun memories :)

Erica — June 1, 2010 @ 6:14 am

Brownies go so quick in our house too. Love the idea of dipping them in white chocolate. Hope you had a great weekend!

Camille — June 1, 2010 @ 6:23 am

No matter how average a recipe is, white chocolate is always a saving grace! They don’t look ugly at all! Just an odd color :)

Lori @ RecipeGirl — June 1, 2010 @ 6:23 am

I know what you’re saying… I like a good, dark, decadent looking brownie too. These look acceptable though :)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — June 1, 2010 @ 6:25 am

Those brownies look like they would definitely have no problem making their way into my mouth…YUMM!
    And isn’t that sweet tea vodka great?!? Dangerous, too! ;)

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — June 1, 2010 @ 6:30 am

Those are NOT ugly!!! They look delicious!

Mellissa — June 1, 2010 @ 6:34 am

Those look really tasty and I am not normally a white chocolate fan, and they look especially good considering I am eating dry cereal and fruit right now ;)

homecookedem — June 1, 2010 @ 6:54 am

Your recipes just get better and better. WOW. These look awesome!! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 1, 2010 @ 6:59 am

They still look moist and delicious to me!!

adrienmelaine — June 1, 2010 @ 7:17 am

lemonade and sweet tea vodka?! Where is that recipe?!

My sister always starts to bake after a drink or two- it’s so funny watching how things turn out- these still look delicious even if they are a bit different (I would not have noticed)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — June 1, 2010 @ 7:30 am

4 minutes is a long time Jess….I would think 30 seconds with Mr Sweet around ;)

these look DELICIOUS!

Nicole, RD — June 1, 2010 @ 7:35 am

You know something’s good when rows come up missing! Seems to happen in my house with baked good, too. Though, I can’t blame hubby for that…:)

Shelley — June 1, 2010 @ 7:38 am

your lbog never ceases to make my tummy rumble- no matter how much i’ve eaten! deliciousss

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — June 1, 2010 @ 8:03 am

Lemonade and sweet tea vodka? Arnold Palmer would be proud.

Melissa @ For the Love of Health — June 1, 2010 @ 8:23 am

Good Morning! I noticed on Tina’s blog (you were the first reply) that you love Northern Michigan! Woo! What part exactly?
    I am currently living in Windsor, ON which borders Detroit but I am originally from Northern Ontario and I drive straight through Michigan to get there (and then some through Ontario). Gorgeous area!!

On a food note, awesome as always! I can only imagine how happy the people around you are for all your fabulous creations!

grace — June 1, 2010 @ 8:23 am

looks like heaven!

Blond Duck — June 1, 2010 @ 8:35 am

I wish I could eat brownies. Le sigh.

Kacy — June 1, 2010 @ 8:39 am

I’ve had brownies come out that way before too. It was weird. Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with the weather?

marla {family fresh cooking} — June 1, 2010 @ 9:20 am

Yup the great looking chocolate dip adds a lot of charm to these brownies. What is it about dipping anyway? I’m addicted, so are my kids :) xo

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — June 1, 2010 @ 9:22 am

I love the dark, rich color of brownies too, so can see why you didn’t like these! But they look delicious with the white chocolate :)

Kara @ MyWellnest — June 1, 2010 @ 9:40 am

Just the title “White Chocolate-dipped brownies” made my heart flutter!

Sweet tea vodka & lemonade is a good time!

Katie — June 1, 2010 @ 9:42 am

Mmm, they look perfect to me. I hate it when tried and true recipes turn out a little weird…I always blame it on the altitude and weather. In any case, I would devour your brownies.

Amber @ Pampered Recipes — June 1, 2010 @ 10:26 am

These definitely won’t last 5 minutes in my house either…making them tomorrow and I’ll let you know! :)

Rachel — June 1, 2010 @ 10:54 am

I’m glad they tasted yummy! Sorry they didn’t turn out the right color.

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyle — June 1, 2010 @ 11:03 am

haha as long as they taste good thats all that matters! I’m a HUGE white chocolate fanatic so I’m sure I would totally love these!

Mary (A Merry Life) — June 1, 2010 @ 11:11 am

Sometimes the ugly things are the most delicious. These look like they would taste really good.

Jenna — June 1, 2010 @ 11:13 am

I think these look great! It isn’t all about the beauty of the eats (although it can be). In my book, it is all about the taste!

I made some cake balls this weekend and they didn’t come out looking how I had hoped. Although, the taste was spot on.

Melanie — June 1, 2010 @ 11:29 am

They look delicious, despite not turning out how you planned! You just can’t go wrong with two forms of chocolate, in my book.

Mr. How Sweet It Is — June 1, 2010 @ 11:56 am

Darling,

You are so far off base…it wasn’t diet coke. This time it was malibu rum w/ cranberry and orange juice.

Variety is the spice of life, right?

Kathleen — June 1, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

OMG! These look amazing!!!

Erin at The Healthy Apron — June 1, 2010 @ 12:51 pm

I have been absent from my fav. blogs since last thursday but to come back to this brownie recipe! I can’t wait to try it!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 1, 2010 @ 1:14 pm

Hi Jessica! These look awesome!
    Girl..my day. I didnt even begin to describe the cluster f that was my morning at the salon. Going a million miles an hour right now after the pandemonium and ummm 2 hr setback to my day not to mention i had to forego the gym and only do cardio. As if you care :)

But you should know i would LOVE To have a brownie right about now :)
    oxxo

Paige (RAN) — June 1, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

At first I thought the light colored crust was on purpose! I’m sure they taste wonderful :)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — June 1, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

I wish that weekend didn’t have to end either..it was just so NICE to be off, isn’t it? I hate it when I make baking mistakes and don’t know why, but at least these still tasted great! Btw, we go to Mantoloking, which is north from Cape May, around the Point Pleasant area. I love it! :)

Pure2raw twins — June 1, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

YUM! I have been eating a lot more brownies thanks to you!! xoxo

Yum Yucky — June 1, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

that looks sooo much like a cream cheese infused dip. So I’m wondering if that would go with a brownie?

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — June 1, 2010 @ 11:32 pm

White chocolate dip…. mmm… *daydreaming*

Laura @ youngDCliving — June 2, 2010 @ 4:29 am

These look delicious! Their so light in color, they look like blondies almost :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention White Chocolate-Dipped Brownies. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com