These desserts may not all be red, white and blue, but I promise they are crowd pleasers. An will fill your belly up. And leave you wanting more. And they may hurt your teeth. In a good way.

Not-Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Love the variety of these strawberries. There is always something for everyone! Even the pickiest of eaters. Unless that picky eater hates strawberries. In that case. . . well, that’s not possible, right?

S’mores Brownies

Summer = cookouts and bonfires and cookouts and bonfires = s’mores. And these brownies are even more fun that regular ole’ s’mores. And worse for your waistline. It all evens out.

Homemade Peppermint Patties

The peppermint patties must be kept cold, so they are a tasty, refreshing treat on those hot summer days. Especially if you are like me and sweat like a man. Or, you are a man.

Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes

Much more fun that regular cupcakes. You could top this with blueberries for a red, white and blue theme, too.

Chocolate Chewies

Chewies are one of my favorite desserts. But they go fast. Make sure to bake a lot of them. Especially if I’m coming to your party.

Ice Cream Crepes

Ah, finally –  here we have some red, white and blue. These are such a fabulous recipe, but must be kept cold up until serving time. I promise they are worth it – and they can be made days ahead of time.

How are you celebrating your weekend? What are you making that is delicious?

Have a fabulous 4th of July!

51 Responses to “Delicious 4th of July Desserts.”

Julie @ Running Reckless — July 2, 2010 @ 4:07 am

The Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes are delicious and a big hit when I serve them…can’t wait to make the Homemade Peppermint Patties!

Courtney @ Three Months — July 2, 2010 @ 4:09 am

Mmm, peppermint patties. They look wonderful! Have a great holiday weekend!

Matt — July 2, 2010 @ 4:12 am

Lol I just drooled on my seat a little bit. For me, July 4th is about some delicious grass fed burgers hot off the grill. Making some for the family tomorrow!

Erica — July 2, 2010 @ 4:22 am

I don’t even like chocolate all that much and I just WANT a smores brownie :)

The Candid RD — July 2, 2010 @ 4:29 am

These would all be perfect for Nick and my house-warming party on Saturday! Instead, we are making a sheet cake (haha, no, my neighbor is making one!) that has the “flag” on it. I made boring brownies, but they taste fabulous! I wish I had the time and patience to make those peppermint patties, or the strawberries….maybe next year I will be more organized!

Have a happy Fourth Jessica!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — July 2, 2010 @ 4:37 am

I love those strawberries, I could eat so many of those. I am going to the beach and hanging out with friends and family! Have a good one!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life — July 2, 2010 @ 5:00 am

Chocolate Chewies??? WOW – they sound totally up my alley!
    I have 2 picnics to go to on Sunday so it’s a sure bet I’ll be bringing some form of dessert – mayyyyybe some chocolate chewies. :)

Wei-Wei — July 2, 2010 @ 5:03 am

Fabulous is the word! I want to try those strawberries – it’d be fun to have a “dip your own strawberry” themed party where you invite friends over and come up with interesting toppings. I know what I’m doing for my next party :D

Wei-Wei

Joanna Sutter (Fitness & Spice) — July 2, 2010 @ 5:06 am

You have THE BEST ideas.

I hope your 4th of July weekend is delicious!

Cassie @ Tasteful Tales — July 2, 2010 @ 5:18 am

Smores + brownies = genius!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — July 2, 2010 @ 5:21 am

Helloooo lime strawberry cupcakes! These all look delish…have a happy (and sweet) 4th!

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — July 2, 2010 @ 5:31 am

Keith has been begging (yes begging) me to make your Smore’s brownies. I have been holding it over his head for a while now…haha…

Gabriela — July 2, 2010 @ 5:34 am

Holy eff this makes me want to have a Fourth of July party so badly. I’m going to Long Island for a party at a friends’ house, but I can guarantee there won’t be anything as delicious as this there!!!

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — July 2, 2010 @ 5:50 am

I kid you not…my sister feels about fruit the way you feel about veggies. I love them both, but can almost understand someone not liking veggies. Fruit is just ridiculous. Anyway, I’m so glad you reminded me that I need make those peppermint patties. And lastly, I thought you would be proud to know that I have 5 desserts planned for the 4th cookout I’m hosting. And none of them include fruit salad. I hate when people try to pass that off as “dessert”. Haha. Okay, I’ve said my peace.

• Jessica — July 2nd, 2010 @ 5:53 am

And this is why I love you.

homecookedem — July 2, 2010 @ 6:02 am

I think I’ll take one (or two) of each, thanks! ;)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — July 2, 2010 @ 7:04 am

So I’ll be coming over to your place for the 4th… Actually, my boyfriend has promised to grill so HE will be doing all the cooking!

Kristina — July 2, 2010 @ 7:09 am

have a SWEET 4th !!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 2, 2010 @ 7:34 am

no idea yet what i’m making that’s delicious, but i’m inspired to do the s’mores brownies again! they are soooooooo good!

Mr. How Sweet It Is — July 2, 2010 @ 7:44 am

“they are crowd pleasers. And will fill your belly up. And leave you wanting more. And they may hurt your teeth”

that’s what she said.

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — July 2, 2010 @ 7:54 am

Oh my golly, are you making ALL of these treats?? They look awesome!! I am making cupcakes with cool whip and strawberries :)

Notes from the Fatty File — July 2, 2010 @ 8:06 am

OMG, all of these look amazing.

Angela — July 2, 2010 @ 8:32 am

Wowzers. Seriously this is one of the most scrumptious posts I’ve ever seen. I’m drooling over the S’mores Brownies and Ice Cream Crepes. You’re recipes are so great – I want to try everything :)

Happy fourth!!

Sarah — July 2, 2010 @ 8:40 am

These are amazing summer desserts! So glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

Mariah — July 2, 2010 @ 9:08 am

Hey, just stumbled across your blog a week ago and loove it! I just made your S’more brownies last night for a camping trip this weekend and cannot wait to dig in. Silly question though, how did you get the marshmallows to cut so nicely without them sticking to the knife? Thanks!

• Jessica — July 2nd, 2010 @ 9:22 am

I sprayed it with Pam, but they were still pretty gooey!

Ashley — July 2, 2010 @ 9:20 am

Ahhh, your recipes are just too amazing…what are YOU making this weekend!?

• Jessica — July 2nd, 2010 @ 9:22 am

I have no clue, I just fly by the seat of my pants!

Tina — July 2, 2010 @ 10:09 am

Okay, I was planning on making a fruit pizza for my family for the 4th. I just may have to scratch that and go with the s’mores brownies instead. They catch me every time I see them.

One Healthy Apple — July 2, 2010 @ 11:20 am

Love this collection of foods. I could eat them all, probably at the same time. There is no such thing as too sweet- that’s like too rich to me!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — July 2, 2010 @ 11:25 am

Those smores brownies…mmm, good. I love smores. Havent had any in 25 yrs. Damn. Must change that!

xoxo

Blond Duck — July 2, 2010 @ 11:48 am

Have a good holiday!

janetha — July 2, 2010 @ 12:54 pm

droolworthy!

Katharine — July 2, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Omigosh I wish I could pay you to come cook for me EVERY DAY.

Mary — July 2, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

Oh geez. I’m having to refrain fyself from licking the screen. All of these look so delicious! Especially the s’mores brownies and nonchocolate dipper strawberries..and the chocolate chewies..and the crepes..and the..

Kaitlin @ Catch More Flies with Honey — July 2, 2010 @ 4:02 pm

Jessica –

I saw two things and thought of you today.

1) http://www.food52.com/recipes/3968_bacon_cheddar_bread

and

2) At a BBQ at my office today, and there was an ice cream truck with some unique flavors. I have a picture on my blog – check it out! http://kaitlinwithhoney.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/no-bbq-bbq/

Gabby — July 2, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

I’m drooling! I think I might even make these for my next girls’ night in…or just for myself :-P Deeeelish!

april — July 2, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

Mmm can I come to your house for the 4th? ;)

Nellie — July 2, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Ok. I just finished dinner but I’m salivating at these images!!! YUM! Just send a little sugar my way, I mean, that’s all I’m asking! lol. Keep up the awesomeness.

Homemade peppermint patties sounds like my kind of sweet treat.

Katie — July 2, 2010 @ 6:31 pm

Beauty. I want to frame all of these desserts and hang them as art in my house. Happy 4th weekend!

Lisa @ bakebikeblog — July 2, 2010 @ 6:41 pm

oh my – how wonderful! I want those strawberries…..NOW ;)

marla {family fresh cooking} — July 2, 2010 @ 6:52 pm

All of ‘em….I want to try all these goodies again and again. Not sure where I would start as they all look fabulous!! Have a wonderful 4th of July holiday. xo

Lizzy — July 2, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

Oh my gosh, the strawberry lime cupcakes look delicious!!

katie — July 2, 2010 @ 8:16 pm

these are ALL CALLING MY NAME

Jackie — July 3, 2010 @ 12:11 am

Oh man…these look devilishly delicious. Perfect ideas for the weekend!

lena — July 3, 2010 @ 1:18 am

I’ve been looking for a chocolate chewie recipe, I’ll have to try this one this weekend. Have a great 4th!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — July 3, 2010 @ 5:21 am

LOVE the strawberry idea—never would have thought of it! And I’m totally going to make those brownies! My bf’s 30th is in a month, and we’re going to have a week at the beach with his family and friends—I need to impress them with my domestic skills..thanks for the ideas :)

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear — July 4, 2010 @ 7:40 am

Those strawberries look SO GOOD. Love the new idea of dipping, I’ve been stuck with the chocolate ones :P

Amanda — July 5, 2010 @ 6:16 am

You know I love your ’round up’s’ right??? Total perfection. You rock girl!!

Blessings-
    Amanda

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Delicious 4th of July Results | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com