I have a busy week.

My head hurts.

I am out of bacon.

The above is stressing me out.

Even fitting in exercise this week is difficult. But I must fit it in a few days or else I will lose my marbles.

Perhaps they are already lost?

The I-Don’t-Have-Time-For-Anything-Workout

30 minutes on the treadmill:

1 minute at 4.0

1 minute at 6.0

1 minute at 8.0

REPEAT until 30 minutes is up.

40 lunges (whatever kind you want!)

30 pushups

3 60-second planks

Only takes 40 minutes. We all have the same 24 hours in the day so I promise you can find 40 minutes, or 20 if you cut it in half. Even if it means waking up at 4:30am.

Rise and shine!

20 Responses to “Fitness Kick Start: Fitting It In.”

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) — July 26, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

Haha you need some sort of bacon delivery service :)

I love quick and to-the-point workouts–they motivate me to work harder because I know I don’t have time to dawdle around!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — July 26, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

Ohh this looks like a really fun workout! I wish I had a treadmill for times that it’s too hot to go outside! Can’t wait until we move back into apartment life next month with a community workout center for the complex! Awesome!

Wei-Wei — July 26, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

But what if you don’t have a treadmill?!

Wei Wei

• Jessica — July 26th, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

Any form of cardio will do! Machine, DVDs, etc.

katie — July 26, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

hahaha you do deserve a lifetime supply of bacon

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day — July 26, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Was just researching a good treadmill workout and this fits the bill. I’m going to go grab my running shoes…

Natalie (The Sweets Life) — July 26, 2010 @ 6:20 pm

ha I can relate. To fit exercise in I’m up at 4:45 every day. Sucks, but it’s worth it to eat dessert multiple times a day ;)

Eunice — July 26, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

With the way my schedule is looking nowadays, it looks like I’m going to have to wake up at 5 am to workout. Not looking forward to that.

On the bright side, that means I can try a few of your kickstart routines! :)

Meg — July 26, 2010 @ 8:55 pm

Love this! I’m also out of bacon, sucks right?! I miss having bacon and eggs for dinner. I really like your workout ideas, I actually did your at-home circuit today :)

The Candid RD — July 27, 2010 @ 5:34 am

I feel you on this one! Great workout. Mine is a 50 minute rotation with the elliptical and the stability ball. Sometimes I cut it down to 40 minutes if I feel like I got a good enough workout. It’s intense, but like you said, so necessary!
    Good luck staying sane :)

Erin — July 27, 2010 @ 7:44 am

I’m having one of those weeks myself- this is just what the doctor ordered! I recently found and love your blog :)

Karen — July 27, 2010 @ 8:03 am

Jessica, I’ve become, um, hemhaw …. deconditioned … so the higher treadmill speeds you suggest in your workouts will probably kill me. Any chance you chance you can indicate what the perceived exertion should be? Thanks!

• Jessica — July 27th, 2010 @ 8:07 am

It would differ for each workout, but for this specific one, I would suggest you replace the 8.0 mph with RPE = 8-9.

Karen — July 27, 2010 @ 8:11 am

Thanks – I didn’t ask that question very well. What would the RPE be for each interval? Thanks so much! I really enjoy your blog!

• Jessica — July 27th, 2010 @ 8:20 am

Thank you!
      I would look at the beginning interval as ‘recovery,’ so whatever RPE that is for you – possibly 2-3. The second interval at an RPE of 5-6, and the last at an RPE of 8-9.

MelissaNibbles — July 27, 2010 @ 8:20 am

Love this! Will you do a guest post on quick workouts for me?

Abby — July 27, 2010 @ 9:43 am

Only weirdos wake up at 4:30!

Amelia — July 27, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

I did the treadmill part of this workout today and it kicked my booty. I added on 10 minutes at the end of running with the pace of the music. WOW! Feel free to kick my butt anytime ;)

Katalina — July 29, 2010 @ 2:13 pm