I am very deprived.

I have never actually had frozen hot chocolate. I guess I can’t be the best judge here.

But I really, really, really want to try it. Does that count?

Can someone please transport me to New York City so I can try some famous Serendipity frozen hot chocolate?

And while you’re at it, please take me to buy some Christian Louboutin’s. And a fancy purse. And a sugar daddy.

Sorry, Mr. How Sweet. But clearly, I need one. It will save us a lot of money, I promise.

See? I’m full of ideas.

Can I just take a moment to whine about how fabulous this frozen hot chocolate is?

I promise I am not this annoying in person.

(Though judging which family members you ask, that may be debatable.)

It has protein. It has chocolate. It tastes like heaven. And it doesn’t have 8 million calories either.

I’m in love.

Frozen Hot Chocolate – The Healthier Way!

1 cup skim milk (or milk of choice)

1 cup greek yogurt – frozen (freeze for 1-2 hours)

2-3 tablespoons organic cocoa powder

1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon organic sugar (or sweetener of choice)

1 tablespoon reduced-fat chocolate syrup

1 scoop protein powder (optional)

1/4 cup crushed ice

whipped cream or whipped topping

Beforehand, freeze a cup of greek yogurt in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours. Once frozen, add all ingredients except whipped cream to a blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, or until combined.

Top with whipped cream.

I’ll be right back. I have to go water my money tree in the back yard.

100 Responses to “Frozen Hot Chocolate – The Healthier Way!”

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — July 8, 2010 @ 10:32 am

THIS is a good one! YUM!!! I love hot choc and frozen would be even better :)

Your email…I hear ya on thinking you wanna do x and then time comes around and it’s just kinda…meh. Oh, story of my life!

Tat = bright colors, for sure!

Off to lift!!!
    oxoxo

Kacy — July 8, 2010 @ 11:00 am

I’ve never had frozen hot chocolate either, but I want that!

Sarah — July 8, 2010 @ 11:06 am

Why am I in the airport with a cup of hot Starbucks when I could be creating this?!?! Seriously, I hardly had to read on past the title to know that this was something I needed. Absolutely bookmarking this because I’ve never had frozen hot chocolate either. (And, another thing we have in common: I could seriously benefit from a sugar daddy as well!)

Fit Chick in the City — July 8, 2010 @ 11:46 am

The world needs this recipe! =)

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies — July 8, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

I’ve always wanted to try the stuff at Serendipity…but haven’t made it to NYC recently. This looks amazing. I can’t resist the chocolate.

Ingrid — July 8, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

This looks sooooo delicious! I have never heard of frozen hot chocolate here in CA. Thanks a bunch! :)

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales — July 8, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

I have never even heard of frozen hot chocolate but if it tastes as good as it looks then holy yum!

sophia — July 8, 2010 @ 2:52 pm

What the heck? There is such a thing as frozen hot chocolate? I’m doubly deprived then…I didn’t even know that existed! Must. Try. It. NOw!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — July 8, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

One word……YUM!!!!!

Nicole, RD — July 8, 2010 @ 3:07 pm

Oh man! Foamy chocolate deliciousness! That sounds amazing!

Shannon — July 8, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

Its been so hot this week, I could really go for this right now. Thanks for the idea :)

katie — July 8, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

BEST SUMMER TREAT EVER!! oh my gosh- love how u froze the yogurt too!

Lauren — July 8, 2010 @ 5:35 pm

Every time I see Frozen Hot Chocolate, I think of the cafe Serendipity, in NYC! They are famous for it. I think I need to try this one! :)

Sarah.j.s. — July 8, 2010 @ 5:50 pm

I’ve been WANTING to try frozen hot chocolate, but haven’t. Terrible terrible terrible. Gotta try this.

adrienmelaine — July 8, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

You’re like the Martha Stewart of the HealthBlog World and I love it!

Someone needs to give you a cookbook deal, food photography deal aand a magazine deal! asap.

• Jessica — July 8th, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

I love you.

Yum Yucky — July 8, 2010 @ 6:47 pm

this makes me think of when I used to open a hot choco packet and pour the powder down my throat cold turkey.

Melissa @ For the Love of Health — July 8, 2010 @ 9:04 pm

mmmmmmmmm chocolate…………..frozen chocolate…..mmmmmmmmmm

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) — July 8, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

I’ve never even heard of such a thing….but anything with Greek yogurt is a super plus in my book!

If I’m drinking anything hot it better be FROZEN with these crazy craze temps!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 8, 2010 @ 11:05 pm

I just had a Serendipity frozen hot chocolate in NY on Easter Sunday, and it wasn’t the best I have ever had. I actually like the ones from DQ better, believe it or not!! Yours is probably better. The Serendipity ones are a lot of hype for no reason.

Janalyne — July 8, 2010 @ 11:45 pm

Oh wow, this looks so delicious. I’ve been to Serendipity and had the frozen hot chocolate…part of the fun and goodness is just for the experience! But this looks like an awesome healthy way to enjoy it. Greek yogurt going in freezer right now…this is on the menu for tomorrow. Thanks!

Sophie @ yumventures — July 9, 2010 @ 5:36 am

I am making this this weekend. Seriously. Perfect for a date night!

Megan — July 9, 2010 @ 6:38 am

Oh my gosh… that is brilliant. Can’t wait to make it!

Wouldn’t we all love to have a sugar daddy? And more pretty purses, of course.

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — July 9, 2010 @ 7:15 am

I absolutely never though I’d hear chocolate and healthy together in a sentence! You rock!

Jenn — July 9, 2010 @ 9:29 am

i am sipping this as i type this and it is delicious!!! thanks !!!

Jenny — July 9, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

I am in love with the way your mind works :) How many servings does this make?!

I suppose that doesn’t matter — I”ll probably end up eating the entire batch either way.

• Jessica — July 9th, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

I’d say 1-2, but more like just 1. :)

Amanda — July 9, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

This looks divine girl. I just saw this recipe tweeted too… so it has been on my mind! Oh where was that… its from some lady who has a cookbook with healthier stuff in it… and this was the feature recently! Ugh. Its gonna drive me nuts. Sorry! Totally off on a tangent there!!

Looks great girl… wonderful pictures!

Be blessed-
    Amanda

Alisa - Frugal Foodie — July 9, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! I must figure out how to alter it to make it dairy-free but still as delicious as that looks!

Ellen@FirednFabulous — July 10, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Lord help me, I totally just want to stick my face in this! I’ve had the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity here in NYC and I’m pretty sure it DOES have 8 million calories in it! Yikes. So good tho.

Bridget — July 11, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

You are too cute! Love your blog and CANT WAIT to try this recipe!! Have a great week!

Court & Whit — July 12, 2010 @ 9:39 pm

We’ve been to the Serendipity in NYC and had this, it was fabulous, and we have their book that has the recipe. It is awesome. The recreations we have made of it are never as good as the real thing. But your looks great, and protein. Yay!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 13, 2010 @ 11:43 am

This looks lovely… I’ve never had frozen hot chocolate before, either, but I think I will need to fix that!

Flyhoneyb — June 5, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

I have missed Frozen Hot Chocolate since The Cheesecake Factory at Dadeland in Miami stopped serving it. I have tried other recipes but it never was right…hopefully this one does the trick. From the comments I think it will be.

Tiffany — January 1, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

This looks delicious! I love frozen hot chocolate. Dairy Queen makes a frozen hot chocolate. The coffee shop in Hastings does too. Actually you can have one at Starbucks, called a mocha Cream Frappuccino, which is made with cream instead of coffee. They are delicious!

Oakley Womens — June 16, 2013 @ 11:50 pm

Sunglasses have already been all around for any extended time. They’ve got often been considered as goods of vogue and fashion. Quite a few people have always linked sunglasses with seems of sleekness without any functional purpose. Celebrities are known to work with sunglasses to assist hide their faces from your stares of their followers. Despite the ignorance of most of the people as to your practical value of sunglasses, their reputation has grown steadily. It’s unusual to search out an individual without a pair of sunglasses in particular throughout the summertime. Individuals with no their sunglasses on most likely have them stashed away someplace inside their closets. Contrary to common perception nevertheless, sunglasses have various health and fitness benefits some of which could be witnessed below.

jordan 13 — July 4, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

With it’s high definition system in place a person will not notice a chance in service. The side and rear jack packs provide HDMI and ports that allow connectivity to DVD players, gaming systems and PCs at the same time.. A vamp or inset is running to lift the compound for a forefoot to tell you even more resistance when walking. Every ideal time to you have a step, the shoe is running to skin down the web amazing regarding your foot. jordan 13 http://www.google.md/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=run2013.org/ceshi14.html

For request, take the Daytona Unspotted steel 2005 limited issue with a atramentous dial. This is one of the finest watches made by the circle and one of the finest replica Rolex Daytona watches from our crowd. The carbonized iron thong is built with the same puissance as the primordial, and the carbonized iron bezel has exactly the same markings as with a substantial Daytona. The atramentous dial and the snowy markers lend a lot of elegance to the dial, and the red chronograph time pointers are a pompous stroke of aptitude|genius}.

panerai power reserve — July 12, 2013 @ 9:35 pm

A softly watchfulness Once threadbare, the 358 is paradoxically a impressible wakefulness : the 47 mm of diameter enables a herculean dole from the 170 grams of weight (that is according to reason regarding how big the time-keeper, because of the titanium). Enhanced animate is herculean, especially if it’s consumed about the left hands since the crown security doesn’t squeeze about the carpus. Just the thickness can flinch but nation get habitual to it rapidly. The readability is ideal in each and every ground because of the temperance from the sun-dial and also to the hands which are generously covered with Super Luminova. Panerai Luminor Watches The meander bezel is incomplex to rule. The clicks are rectilinear and firm. It exudes compactness. Another thong, intellectual for the diving As some chivalric proprietor will maybe go dabbling some octopuses or sun rays with this particular nice toy, Panerai provides another specifical diving nylon bodily strap on the broach that can take in the lever cause from the diadem security. Well thinking, it appears of the exhaustless solidness and enables modifying the volume of the thong to every millimeter, that is useful when putting on diving suit. Deduction To cause to approach a deduction, this fragment doesn’t incompetent arguments. It’ll please both fire-brand fanatics that need to have an excluding bit, too for the amateurs of utmost diving watches who definitely are lured by its incapable of wrong production.

Anam Mirza — July 25, 2013 @ 3:33 am

It is a lovely idea indeed!! I’ve experimented many different ways of getting a wonderfully indulge-able recipe for hot chocolate and many for cold one too but this recipe is bizarrely GREAT!!! <3
    I'm in a great persuasion to DEFINITELY try it!! ^_^
    BTW your ideas are very creative…. I'm in love with them… :)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Frozen Hot Chocolate – The Healthier Way! | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Smooth and Sloppy «