I’ve talked about my obsession with La Tortilla Factory tortillas.

They are just so fabulous. The texture, the taste and the nutrition stats are great.

I often bake them with sea salt alone when I make homemade nachos, but I wanted to give some flavored chips a whirl.

These taste almost exactly like Stacy’s Parmesan Garlic pita chips.

I’m not sure if that is necessarily a good thing, since I eat them like they are going out of style.

Yesterday I was left to my own devices with a 2lb bag of Stacy’s chips in the car for 10 hours.

How I remained calm is beyond me.

But I was so tempted that I did develop the shakes at one point.

I love making homemade chips for a few reasons. They are definitely healthier than store-bought, but they also taste a bit heartier.

They work perfectly under healthy loaded nachos and dunked straight into salsa or hummus.

Or you know… chocolate.

Parmesan Garlic Tortilla Chips

8 4-inch tortillas

1 clove garlic

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425.

Cut tortillas into four’s, and lay on a baking sheet, not overlapping. With a sharp knife, mince the garlic clove then mash it with the back of the knife to turn it into a paste.

Spray each tortilla piece with non-stick or cooking spray, or spritz with olive oil. Spread a tiny bit of garlic on each piece, then top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until chips are golden brown and crisp. Watch them carefully so they do not burn.

They would be great for a small party, but just try not to eat them all.

I prefer to make them myself on a Saturday night alone so I can hog the whole batch to myself. Now you also know how wild my Saturday nights are.

31 Responses to “Parmesan Garlic Tortilla Chips.”

Hazel — July 31, 2010 @ 5:37 am

Ooooo, these sound so simple and delicious! Can’t wait to give em a try :)

Matt — July 31, 2010 @ 5:39 am

Mmm… I am totally craving a huge plate of nachos now…

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — July 31, 2010 @ 5:41 am

Nom Nom Nom!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — July 31, 2010 @ 6:01 am

Yum! I love Stacey’s chips, so I’m sure I’d love these!

CaSaundra — July 31, 2010 @ 6:11 am

I’ve honestly never thought about using my tortillas to make chips–how silly am I! Great flavor combo you came up with too :-)

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — July 31, 2010 @ 6:35 am

I love their tortillas too! I can’t have them anymore due to the soy in them, but I love the nutritional breakdown on them! The texture is just perfect. The parmesan sounds so good on there! I bet cinnamon and sugar would be perfect too! I would hog them too!

Peggy — July 31, 2010 @ 7:19 am

I love making homemade chips! This looks like a great combination and can’t wait to try it!

A Teenage Gourmet — July 31, 2010 @ 7:27 am

I’ve never made homemade tortilla chips- new project. :)

rachel — July 31, 2010 @ 7:45 am

i love garlic. these sound perfect <3

Wei-Wei — July 31, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Oh man I love the focus in your first shot! Great photography ;) Oh yeah, and food’s good too. :D

Wei-Wei

homecookedem — July 31, 2010 @ 8:36 am

Andrew loves making chips at home from corn tortillas. I’ll have to tell him to try out this recipe sometime for dipping into hummus!! :)

Erica — July 31, 2010 @ 8:41 am

YUMMMMMMMMM. Those look perfect. They would be gone in a second at a party. I’ve never had that brand of tortilla- gotta keep an eye out

Camille — July 31, 2010 @ 9:25 am

I love making my own tortilla chips and these look awesome!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — July 31, 2010 @ 10:21 am

Just wanted to pop over and say hi and hope you’re having a BALL!!!!! Do not comment, do not read blogs, do not care. This is all gonna be the same when you return :)

I have a meetup with some friends tonite way out in god know’s where. Should be fun..I hope :)

Laura — July 31, 2010 @ 10:23 am

Oh my gosh I just found your blog through my friend EatingBender’s Twitter page and I love it!! I’m going through your archive and a lot of these recipes seem really easy to make which is my favorite kind of recipes. I’m already making a list of things I’ll need to start cooking.

I followed you on twitter too, can’t wait to read more!! :D

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 31, 2010 @ 11:08 am

Mmm, these looks amazing!! They would be the perfect thing to make for a party :-D

Brooke (Baking with Basil) — July 31, 2010 @ 11:16 am

Homemade tortilla/pita chips are the best! I usually make mine spicy but this Parmesan garlic combination sounds awesome! I think my Saturday night just got a little more exciting! :)

Jessica (Fit and Clean) — July 31, 2010 @ 11:57 am

Mmmmm! I love nacho’s, so this is right up my alley. Can’t tell you the last time I had real nacho’s though! Too many calories, too much sodium, blah, blah, blah! :) I think I need to conquer that for my blog…my kids love them too!

Heather — July 31, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

WOW. seriously, wow. i need these in my life!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) — July 31, 2010 @ 2:08 pm

I haven’t made my own pita chips in a while, but um I definitely need to!! Sometimes I like my ezekiel pita toast a little too long in the toaster oven, does that count?

Katie@Cozydelicious — July 31, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

Yum, yum, yum! I agree – I have totally stopped buying chips since all kinds seem to taste better baked up at home.

Ellen@FirednFabulous — July 31, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Ohmygosh these look ridiculously good. “Try not to eat them all?” Why would I do a silly thing like that!?

teresa — July 31, 2010 @ 3:48 pm

Oh Jessica!
    This is MY kind of SNACK!
    ANd with HUMMUS!
    Omg!
    You must pop over to my blog and try my cucumber dip!
    It would be YUM with those chips!
    And GREAT for you to whip up at the LAKE! ;o)
    Enjoy your trip!
    I’ll email you the cucumber recipe link!
    xo

sophia — July 31, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

Ooh I love Stacy’s Pita chips!!! I would love to try these…but use cinnamon and sugar! :D

Gliding Calm — July 31, 2010 @ 8:24 pm

haha those look yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) — July 31, 2010 @ 9:21 pm

Hey! Just started reading your blog and WOOOW your recipes are good! I can’t wait to read more! Hey, quick question–for that cinnamon bun pancake recipe, about how many does it serve? Haha, I’m a college student, so I usually only make batches for two people–my and my hungry self the next day!

Britta — July 31, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

Yummmaay! Just discovered your blog and totally got lost in all the content. It’s wonderful!!! You are a great writer :)

Jaden — August 2, 2010 @ 5:46 am

Well, hot hummus! I’ve baked tortillas many times as chips, but never thought to sprinkle parm – great idea!

Gina @ skinnytaste.com — August 4, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

I might have to try this!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Parmesan Garlic Tortilla Chips. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #62 – Parmesan Garlic Tortilla Chips « Ella Rose Entertaining