On Friday, I am leaving for a week and Mr. How Sweet will have the house to himself.

I’m not sure who is more excited.

Since I love taking care of him, I made a few of his favorite meals this weekend.

While he could live alone on grilled steak, chicken and eggs, he doesn’t remember how much he loves certain meals until I make them. Then he asks me to make them over and over and over again.

A few months ago you may remember that he was hooked on these healthier chicken fingers.

I don’t even think I’ve seen a 4-year old love chicken fingers so much. Mr. How Sweet orders them where ever we go. Mexican restaurant? Chicken fingers. Irish pub? Chicken fingers. Steakhouse? Steak with a side of chicken fingers.

Besides “healthy” cookies, “healthy” chicken fingers are one of those items he requests a few times a week.

I asked Mr. How Sweet what flavor of chicken fingers he wanted this weekend, and he suggested ranch.

I’m not really a ranch kind-of-girl, so I also threw in some parmesan.

They were dreamy.

Mr. How Sweet loves the chicken fingers because they taste good.

I love them because they are so versatile and I am flaky get bored easily. The flavor combinations are endless.

Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers

1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders

2 cups lowfat buttermilk

1 packet ranch seasoning mix

2 cups panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Combine buttermilk and 1/2 packet of ranch mix in a baking dish. Add chicken tenders to buttermilk. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 450.

Combine panko, parmesan, remaining ranch seasoning and flour in a large bowl. Coat chicken pieces in panko mix, then lay on a wire rack sitting on a baking sheet. Continue with remaining chicken pieces. Spray each piece with cooking spray or olive oil.

Bake for 10 minutes, flip, coat with cooking spray, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Now I gotta get moving. I have to make a month’s supply of grilled chicken and burgers so Mr. How Sweet doesn’t live on pizza and general tso’s chicken next week.

66 Responses to “Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers.”

Kathleen — July 26, 2010 @ 9:31 pm

These look amazing!

Rachel@SmileOutLoud — July 26, 2010 @ 10:08 pm

Take-out pizza and general tso’s chicken were my two old, favorite foods! So I totally understand where Mr. How Sweet is coming from :D He is so lucky to have you! I’m just lucky I realized that those foods don’t make me feel as strong as I want to :)

Erica @ ericaunmasked.blogspot.com — July 27, 2010 @ 4:33 am

Hi there – I am totally making these for dinner this week. My family will LOVE them. And last night – i made your pork tenderloin – and my family LOVED it. My husband thought he died and went to heaven. Score one for me this week. xoxox – thanks!

megan — July 27, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

yum, I’m trying these! I just bought panko bread crumbs yesterday. do you think it would work with fish? no chicken in the freezer, but plenty of tilapia…

• Jessica — July 27th, 2010 @ 1:47 pm

I think it would. That sounds good!

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — July 28, 2010 @ 12:53 am

Um, you are a genius in the kitchen. I wish I could be you in the kitchen for one day and just cook for an entire year! Although my freezer might run out of space…

Beth @ bethcooks — July 28, 2010 @ 7:36 am

Anything with Panko is great in my book! These look awesome!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 29, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

These look great… I am a Ranch kind of girl, so I know I’d love them. I always seem to forget about making chicken fingers… Thanks for the reminder!

Valerie — March 11, 2011 @ 10:30 am

YUM!! These were so good. I’ve never been able to achieve a truly crispy chicken finger in the oven until this recipe. I think panko is my new best friend :) My husband isn’t a huge fan of ranch and I don’t know if he loved the flavor (but he loved the texture and the idea of “healthy chicken fingers”) so I might try some other seasoning combos in the future. Thanks for a great recipe!

Lynzi Montemayor — April 12, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

Every recipe I try of yours leaves a unforgettable memory burned in my brain.

So, I made this tonight…and as I was taking the baking sheet out of the over and set on the counter…the baking rack slip right off the baking sheet. And ever piece of chicken hit the floor…I couldn’t save one!

But in my household, I believe in the 10 minute rule…so I blew them off and served them! And they are super yummy…extra seasoning and all. :D

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Tuesday Contest! « HEALTHY LIVING WITH KELLY