On Friday, I am leaving for a week and Mr. How Sweet will have the house to himself.

I’m not sure who is more excited.

Since I love taking care of him, I made a few of his favorite meals this weekend.

While he could live alone on grilled steak, chicken and eggs, he doesn’t remember how much he loves certain meals until I make them. Then he asks me to make them over and over and over again.

A few months ago you may remember that he was hooked on these healthier chicken fingers.

I don’t even think I’ve seen a 4-year old love chicken fingers so much. Mr. How Sweet orders them where ever we go. Mexican restaurant? Chicken fingers. Irish pub? Chicken fingers. Steakhouse? Steak with a side of chicken fingers.

Besides “healthy” cookies, “healthy” chicken fingers are one of those items he requests a few times a week.

I asked Mr. How Sweet what flavor of chicken fingers he wanted this weekend, and he suggested ranch.

I’m not really a ranch kind-of-girl, so I also threw in some parmesan.

They were dreamy.

Mr. How Sweet loves the chicken fingers because they taste good.

I love them because they are so versatile and I am flaky get bored easily. The flavor combinations are endless.

Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers

1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders

2 cups lowfat buttermilk

1 packet ranch seasoning mix

2 cups panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Combine buttermilk and 1/2 packet of ranch mix in a baking dish. Add chicken tenders to buttermilk. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 450.

Combine panko, parmesan, remaining ranch seasoning and flour in a large bowl. Coat chicken pieces in panko mix, then lay on a wire rack sitting on a baking sheet. Continue with remaining chicken pieces. Spray each piece with cooking spray or olive oil.

Bake for 10 minutes, flip, coat with cooking spray, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Now I gotta get moving. I have to make a month’s supply of grilled chicken and burgers so Mr. How Sweet doesn’t live on pizza and general tso’s chicken next week.

66 Responses to “Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — July 26, 2010 @ 4:05 am

I really need to make these for my husband. You are such a good wife to be cooking for him in advance. Are you leaving lists of what there is to eat because I’d probably have to do it, oh and how to prepare it…as it how many seconds to microwave it.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — July 26, 2010 @ 4:12 am

These look great! I know my husband would LOVE these :)

Duchess of Fork — July 26, 2010 @ 4:15 am

These look great, Jessica! I have some chicken breasts in the freezer with this recipe written all over them. Can’t wait to try them! :)

Marilou — July 26, 2010 @ 4:22 am

I also cook meal for the boyfriend when I leave town .. I know he would survive … as long as he has the deliveries menu near by.

These looks awesome, need to try ASAP … Althoug, I’ve never seen low-fat buttermilk at my grocery store .. hmm .. need to find

Erica — July 26, 2010 @ 4:25 am

I love that you make your man meals for when you’re gone- I do the same for Josh. And these look totally fantastic. I bet they’d be a good chicken parm base too.

Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries — July 26, 2010 @ 4:59 am

I was in love with the BBQ and now I have to try these. They sound great!

Liana — July 26, 2010 @ 5:15 am

My mom always pre-made my dad’s lunch for him before she left for work. Either that or she would rush home on her lunch hour to cook him something fresh before rushing back. Us women are too good sometimes. Those chicken fingers look tasty, esp for someone like me, who gets bored easily too (of my monotonous diet of grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — July 26, 2010 @ 5:20 am

Aww, you’re such a good wife. When I go out of town, my husband is always just on his own ;-)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — July 26, 2010 @ 5:21 am

I realized that when I put that little winkey face after that, it sounds like he’s getting prostitutes or something when I go out of town. And that is not the case. (at least I don’t think so)

• Mr. How Sweet It Is — July 26th, 2010 @ 7:54 am

What you don’t know won’t hurt you.

Matt — July 26, 2010 @ 5:22 am

Those look good minus the ranch. I hate that stuff!

Heather — July 26, 2010 @ 5:34 am

mr how sweet is one lucky dude…i usually just let nate fend for himself :)

Sophie @ yumventures — July 26, 2010 @ 5:37 am

Your chicken fingers always look amazing. I NEED to make them. ASAP!

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — July 26, 2010 @ 5:53 am

god bless mr How sweet next week when you are away :) those look SO good! i love the twist of using ranch!

Tracy — July 26, 2010 @ 6:03 am

Mmm, these look delicious!

Jil — July 26, 2010 @ 6:24 am

Mmm – these look fantastic! Crunchyyy!

Wei-Wei — July 26, 2010 @ 6:32 am

I hope Mr How Sweet copes well while you are away and doesn’t pass out from protein overdose. But I guess these chicken fingers might just be the antidote.

Wei Wei

Elle — July 26, 2010 @ 6:36 am

I love chicken fingers, too! Probably not quite as much as Mr. How Sweet, but still. Nice flavor combo!

Eliana — July 26, 2010 @ 6:41 am

Healthy or not, you had me at parmesean with these. They look awesome.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — July 26, 2010 @ 6:41 am

I have never been a fan of Ranch, but I think if you put enough cheese on anything I would eat it!

Fit Chick in the City — July 26, 2010 @ 6:46 am

I hope you have a great week away!

marla {family fresh cooking} — July 26, 2010 @ 7:23 am

Savory perfection in these chicken fingers….glad to read you catered to Mr. Sweet’s protein cravings :) xo

Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly — July 26, 2010 @ 7:24 am

Yum these looks fantastic!!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston — July 26, 2010 @ 7:36 am

Those look great! I love the idea of the ranch, I think my husband would love that too. I recently made GF chicken nuggets by processing up some GF crisp rice and GF corn flakes… created a great texture — I think adding a ranch packet would be awesome!!

mags — July 26, 2010 @ 7:43 am

You just can’t beat chicken fingers for quick, easy and pleasing almost everyone. Great recipe!

homecookedem — July 26, 2010 @ 7:54 am

I made something similar awhile back with parm and ranch for Andrew, but used corn flakes for the coating to make them gluten free. They were awesome, but yours look even better!!

tanyasDailyProductReviews — July 26, 2010 @ 7:57 am

those turned out good…looks like a simple recipe, I like that

kacy — July 26, 2010 @ 8:15 am

I would love those. Ranch is my achilles heel.

Kate @ Cozydelicious — July 26, 2010 @ 8:26 am

Yum! My husband would love these too. And he totally lives on pizza and general tsao’s when I go out of town!

Biz — July 26, 2010 @ 8:42 am

That’s the only thing my daughter ordered in a restaurant until the age of 16!

When I am out of town, my husband’s go to dinner? Banquet’s Fried Chicken!

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — July 26, 2010 @ 9:46 am

These look great! I never had made chicken fingers until recently … the ones I made had hot sauce and chili powder – super spicy! Next time I might need to cool it down with the ranch and parmesan version.

Paula — July 26, 2010 @ 9:46 am

crispy chicken… sounds so delicious!

Have a nice time!
    Paula

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete.wordpress.com — July 26, 2010 @ 9:52 am

Those chicken tenders look amazing. When I go out of town I also make my husband a bunch of dishes to eat while I’m gone. He’s the type who “forgets” to eat. We are complete opposites in that regard.

april — July 26, 2010 @ 10:38 am

I was totally the chicken finger girl when I was little! I hated seafood or burgers so no matter where we went it was always chicken!

Jessica — July 26, 2010 @ 11:45 am

Wow.. sounds just like my hubby!! For the first 2 years of knowing him, EVERYWHERE we went, he ordered chicken fingers. It didn’t matter if it was a quick burger place, or a higher end “dining room” restaurant. Only recently has he begun to try new things.. and he seems to be enjoying it! Too bad he didn’t believe me when I kept telling him he was missing out!! hehe

Alyssa @ Bride To Be Fit — July 26, 2010 @ 11:46 am

Just found your blog, already loving it! Those chicken fingers look ahhhmazing… can’t wait to try them out.

Kelly — July 26, 2010 @ 11:53 am

Adorable. He may have child-like tastes sometimes but these look fab.

Blond Duck — July 26, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

This looks great! I’m always looking for a way to jazz up chicken and I love chicken fingers!

I am 5.

Erin @ CelticHeart Designs — July 26, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

Oh gosh I’m gonna have to make this for Randy. Cheese and Ranch are his favorite things!

Nicole, RD — July 26, 2010 @ 12:54 pm

Those look awesome! Right up our alley! We’re all for faux fried anything!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — July 26, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

these look amazing. everyone is commenting that their husbands would love them. i should be honest. my husband would eat them, but i’d be the one loving them. i am so the chicken finger girl :)

Betty @ Scrambled Hen Fruit — July 26, 2010 @ 1:59 pm

These look delicious. My youngest son is cooking for himself now, and his favorite thing to make is chicken fingers. I’m going to share your recipe with him- I know he’ll like it! Thanks for sharing :)

Eded — July 26, 2010 @ 2:00 pm

Have you tried it with coconut flakes? they make awesome crispy, man approved tenders as well, but yours look pretty damn delicious too!

• Jessica — July 27th, 2010 @ 4:27 am

Mr. How Sweet claims he hates coconut, so I can’t try that for him. But I need to try it with a few for myself!

Amanda — July 26, 2010 @ 2:04 pm

Where are you going?!?!?! You going to visit me? PLEASE???

This recipe looks wonderful! :)

Oh wait… blogher right? You are going to be a HIT!

Ellen @FirednFabulous — July 26, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

Mr HS is one lucky fellow! These look amaaaazing. I want to make them. For real this time! I’m doing it! ;)

Lisa @bakebikeblog — July 26, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

I really do need to make a batch of these for Mr BBB – I think he would love them!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — July 26, 2010 @ 4:32 pm

hi pretty! Got your email…been on the go all day! It’s a full moon, that will explain alot….tension, moodiness, irritability, the whole shebang. Not to mention, yes an adjustment phase after such a transition. It will level off within 6 mos, that’s how it was for me.

Girl this day is insane…need to blog and will write more later :)

Jackiefo — July 26, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

I just made these for dinner – DELISH! My husband and I doubly approve.

• Jessica — July 26th, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

So glad you guys liked them!

Those look nice and crispy.

Emily — July 26, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

Just stumbled across your blog – your chicken fingers look delicious! On the to-make list, for SURE.

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) — July 26, 2010 @ 7:20 pm

oh, wow, Hubbs would love these- YUM!!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Parmesan Ranch Crispy Chicken Fingers. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Tuesday Contest! « HEALTHY LIVING WITH KELLY