That’s right. I went there.

A wild banana split with caramelized bananas, peanut butter drizzle and crispy bacon.

So what makes up the Elvis banana split?

Caramelized bananas are the first layer. I simply sliced a banana and caramelized it in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. I topped it with 3 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, a good 1/4 cup of melted, creamy peanut butter, and 2 slices of crumbled bacon.

You heard that right.

2 slices.

I am posting this fantabulous banana split for a great cause.

To help spread the word and raise funds for ovarian cancer research, Foodbuzz is sponsoring a blogging challenge that revolves around banana splits. Foodbuzz will also donate $50 for every banana split posted by a Featured Blogger.

You can help too! To help raise money, check out the Kelly Confidential website. You can make your own banana split!

I know I don’t participate in things like this very often, mostly because I am a rebel without a cause and don’t like being told what to do or what to cook.

However, 1.) it is for an excellent cause, and 2.) my knees went weak at the thought of a bacon banana split.

Can you blame me?

So what do you think?

Can you handle the Elvis banana split?

101 Responses to “Electrolux #splits: The Elvis Banana Split.”

Emily (For Sweets Sake) — July 16, 2010 @ 12:01 pm

I love your life :) really, I don’t think life could get any better than eating ice cream and bacon together. I just gained 5lbs thinking about it.

Devon — July 16, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

Jessica, you are evil. This looks too good…

I was hoping you could help me with something really quick–I made the sweet and sour chicken the other night (it was AWESOME!), but it turned out mostly sweet–no hint of sour, really. I was wondering if you had a thought on what might not have gone right? My oven runs hot, so maybe I overcooked the vinegar right out? Hoping you might have a tip.

I’m new around here and I. LOVE. YOUR. BLOG!!

• Jessica — July 16th, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

Hi Devon! So glad you stopped by – thanks! Did you do any other variations on the recipe? Did you measure the ingredients or eyeball them? It is not my original, but I have always made it exactly as posted. Maybe try lowering the heat in your oven a bit? Keep me posted.

Ellen @FirednFabulous — July 16, 2010 @ 12:22 pm

Can I handle it?! Who u talkin to? OF COURSE. Looks ridiculously delish. The bacon is interesting though…not sure about it, but since everything you say is pretty much the food bible to me, I totally trust ya!

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — July 16, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

Never hurts to make a banana split for a great cause ;)

Is it weird that I think the best part of it is the vanilla ice cream?

Jessica @ Rawtumn — July 16, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

Caramelized banana?? That sounds incredible. Great job with this one! The bacon intrigues me like I never thought it would… lol

Heather — July 16, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

Holy crap! That looks amazing!!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 16, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

Oh, I can handle it!

Cristina — July 16, 2010 @ 2:31 pm

E-Yum! Salty and sweet, luv it! Great banana split creation and name for it…all for a worthy and important cause.

Simply Life — July 16, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

How do you think of these things?! Everything looks great!

Lara (Thinspired) — July 16, 2010 @ 3:54 pm

This is so insanely genius. I have tried a bacon + PB combination before and it was Heaven. I can only imagine how it would taste with the cold vanilla ice cream and the warm caramelized banana!

Stephanie — July 16, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

oh dear lord that looks amazing!!!!

amanda — July 16, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

Wow that looks deliciously yummy!!! I want this right now!

The Candid RD — July 16, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

ummm, yeah, this NEEDS to be entered into the contest. You’ve combined all of my favorite foods, into one orgasmic desert.

My mom grew up in Wilmington, Ohio. Birthplace of the bananas split. How about that?!

Ashley — July 16, 2010 @ 9:01 pm

You’ve got me beat!!! This looks amazing. Mine did not turn out as well as I wanted. OH well, was still fun :) Yours though…yowza!!!

Amanda — July 17, 2010 @ 4:35 am

This is beautiful Jessica! ALmost to pretty to eat.

What lame comment.

I’m sorry. Its early. :)

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — July 17, 2010 @ 7:42 am

OH MY GOD. Most decadent/delicious flavor combo- I’m in love

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — July 17, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

I can’t let my husband ever see this or he will want to leave me and marry it. AMAZING

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 17, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

I gotta say- I freaking love this blog, haha. LOVE that your banana split involved bacon. For some reason I am not surprised ;-)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — July 17, 2010 @ 3:14 pm

LOVE it!! I ran out of time to post a banana spilt (unfortunately), but I’m sure mine wouldn’t have been nearly as creative as yours!

http://tanyasdaily.blogspot.com/ — July 17, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

The desert looks so good and your photography is excellent..makes everything look like it’s 3 dim.

CaSaundra — July 18, 2010 @ 6:37 am

I don’t even like bacon and this looks good! ;-)

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — July 18, 2010 @ 7:37 am

Um, wow. Thats all I have to say.

Annie@stronghealthyfit — July 18, 2010 @ 8:07 am

Ack! I would never eat that. But I think a whole lot of people would :-)

She-Fit — July 18, 2010 @ 8:20 am

WOW! Bacon and ice cream… never would have thought, but I could give it a try :)

I’m making mini cupcakes for a baby shower and I want them to be super tasty, cute, and amazing. Which one of yours or even another recipe would you suggest?

It’s for a boy baby shower also.

Fit Chick in the City — July 18, 2010 @ 10:47 am

You had me at Elvis. =)

Katrina — July 18, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

Wowzers! This deserves an award.

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — July 18, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

elvis is rolling in his grave right now. this would make any king proud!! <3 good job!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — July 18, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

my oh my – looks great!

Nicole, RD — July 18, 2010 @ 4:23 pm

Haha, you so went there and I love it!

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes — July 18, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

How did I know yours would have BACON? This looks pretty damn amazing, as usual! xxSAS

katie — July 18, 2010 @ 7:57 pm

another AMAZINGGGGGGG recipe! LOL you would use bacon and i love you for it

One Healthy Apple — July 18, 2010 @ 10:18 pm

I think you officially win the contest. You are amazing Jessica! Someone had to add bacon and I’m glad it was you!

I will just take the carmelized bananas for myself!

Jean — July 19, 2010 @ 10:52 am

Congrats on your beautiful (and unique) top 9! I would definitely have eaten this! :-)

Mary (A Merry Life) — July 19, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

You are all kinds of ridiculous. Always. In the most amazing way. This looks sooo good! It reminds me of home too (I’m from Memphis…Elvis…yeah.)

Leah — July 19, 2010 @ 9:27 pm

Oh. My. Goodness.

I think this is one of those times where the bacon is absolutely necessary. This banana split sounds amazing!

Sophie @ yumventures — July 20, 2010 @ 5:25 am

That may be the best banana split I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Ohhhh my god. Ohhhhhh. m. g.

Alison — July 20, 2010 @ 8:57 am

Wow. Have you seen the new food network show Kid in a Candy Store? Last night he went to an ice cream/candy shop that served an Elvis chocolate bark with banana, peanut butter and jelly, and bacon! This might be a little healthier because it has real banana…