I have a new favorite drink!

And it doesn’t contain rum.

Though I think it would be wonderful with a splash of coconut rum or banana schnapps. But that may not bode well for first thing in the morning.

Or it actually may be an excellent idea.

My favorite flavors revolve around the tropical variety. I love vanillas, coconuts, bananas, and similar flavors. I have a lipgloss and candle stash that could rival Imelda Marcos’ shoe collection – full of scents good enough to eat.

So I am always looking to those flavors to create smoothies, cocktails, granolas, and most meals in general.

This shake is also protein-packed, but it tastes so delicious that you may not think it is healthy.

I love when that happens.

Why can’t it happen with vegetables? Why can’t they all taste like bacon? Or chocolate?

Banana Colada

Serves 1

3/4 cup lite coconut milk

1/2 cup pineapple juice

1 frozen banana (it doesn’t need to be frozen, but they are the best!)

1/4 cup pineapple chunks

1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

pinch of sea salt

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Garnish with coconut if desired.

Even if you don’t like bananas, you can swap out the fruit and make another flavored colada.

Just as tasty.

But if you don’t like bananas? Really… who are you? How can one survive without bananas?

I need your help! I’ve talked about my best friend’s baby, Morgan, before. She is my buddy. We get along so well because we both have chubby thighs and love to eat ice cream. She is in the running to be the new face of Gerber, and makes the cutest “fishy face” ever. Please vote for her! (It will ask for your email, but doesn’t send you anything. I promise. I’ve voted my buttcheeks off.)

81 Responses to “Banana Colada.”

Erica — August 11, 2010 @ 4:11 am

Guess who put two bananas in the freezer last night and is making this drink today…this guy!

Brittany — August 11, 2010 @ 4:11 am

This sounds amazing!!!

Gabriela — August 11, 2010 @ 4:17 am

You always make the best smoothies :) My boyfriend doesn’t like bananas, actually. What a weirdo!! Happy hump day love!!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 11, 2010 @ 4:21 am

I love tropical smoothies! It make me feel like I’m at the beach :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — August 11, 2010 @ 4:35 am

I wasn’t pregnant I’d guzzle one of these nightly.

Marisa @Loser for Life — August 11, 2010 @ 4:42 am

I love Coladas – rum or no rum!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — August 11, 2010 @ 4:49 am

I read Pina Colada and the song just went off in my head! I love pina coladas and the addition of banana definitely works here! YUM! I think the glass you have it in is perfect too!

Brynn — August 11, 2010 @ 4:59 am

Ummm, yes please! Delish! I would even drink this without the rum :) Marking this page to come back to tomorrow for breakfast.

Hazel — August 11, 2010 @ 5:06 am

That looks amazing! When I was in Germany, there was a Cuban restaurant that served banana coladas… I was addicted to them! They used this fruit juice that I only ever found in Europe – it was crazy intense and it made the colada super rich. I’ll for sure have to give this one a try, thanks so much for posting it!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibbl) — August 11, 2010 @ 5:10 am

I, for one, can NOT survive without bananas. This looks fantastic!

xo
    Kris

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — August 11, 2010 @ 5:13 am

Any treats with frozen bananas are amazing to me. I just learned about freezing bananas and using them for other things besides smoothies. They are amazing!

Kim in MD — August 11, 2010 @ 5:35 am

This looks amazing! I love the mason jar mug!

Chrissy — August 11, 2010 @ 5:36 am

*raises hand* I don’t like bananas. We survive by… not eating bananas.

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) — August 11, 2010 @ 5:42 am

Love the combination of bananas and pineapple! So delicious and refreshing. :)

homecookedem — August 11, 2010 @ 5:43 am

Hahahaha, I have to laugh b/c I haven’t had a banana since being pregnant. It is SO weird!!!!! I used to LOVE bananas!! I wonder if I’ll ever start liking them again? Haha, regardless, this drink does look refreshing… maybe I should start making up with bananas by starting with this drink?!! :)

amanda — August 11, 2010 @ 5:43 am

Ohhh wow this looks so good. I think I will be trying this pretty soon but have to purchase a few of the items. Have you ever made your own icecream out of bananas before? I have seen a few bloggers post their recipes up for it.

• Jessica — August 11th, 2010 @ 8:35 am

Yep! I make it all the time – it is delicious, you should try!

Evan Thomas — August 11, 2010 @ 5:55 am

I used to not like bananas, but since I realized they’re so cheap I’ve been forcing myself to like them before going back to school

Meghan — August 11, 2010 @ 6:07 am

Yum. This looks great. But I do agree rum would make it awesome. And who says you can’t have a splash of rum in the morning. It’s just a splash :) ….on second thought maybe it should be an after work drink.

Mellissa — August 11, 2010 @ 6:14 am

The morning I am having requires this drink and LOTS of rum. Please send to my cubicle.

CookiePie — August 11, 2010 @ 6:17 am

YUM!!! This looks so delicious!!!!

Elle — August 11, 2010 @ 6:25 am

Oooh, so good and refreshing–I can almost taste it now! Would be great for breakfast.

Aimee — August 11, 2010 @ 6:27 am

Sounds super yummy! I too love those flavors (and scents), so I am totally going to have to give this a try.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — August 11, 2010 @ 6:31 am

I think rum would go perfectly in this drink at 9:00 in the morning!!! I see no problem with that :-)

megan — August 11, 2010 @ 6:37 am

can’t wait to make this!!!

Lauren @ BIOCHEMISTA — August 11, 2010 @ 6:40 am

This looks amazing! Seriously people that don’t like bananas = freaks! ;)

Happy Wednesday! <3

Wei-Wei — August 11, 2010 @ 7:03 am

I don’t like bananas raw. It’s the texture. Yeah, I’m weird… but I do love bananas in general. Just not raw. :P

Wei-Wei

Camille — August 11, 2010 @ 7:18 am

Oh man. You have just mixed my favorite tropical drink with my favorite fruit. Epic score.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 11, 2010 @ 7:26 am

People who don’t like bananas baffle me.

tanyasdaily — August 11, 2010 @ 7:47 am

looks so good and I’m not a coconut fan

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 11, 2010 @ 8:06 am

Yum! Looks like the perfect refreshing summertime treat =D

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 11, 2010 @ 8:14 am

i swear i’m not an alcoholic, but i’m thinking some rum this morning might’ve been a good thing :)

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — August 11, 2010 @ 8:24 am

I surely couldn’t survive without bananas. This looks stellar. I might put cocoa powder in it :)

Matt — August 11, 2010 @ 8:49 am

That looks good! You can have a side of bacon with it ;)

Tracy — August 11, 2010 @ 9:09 am

This sounds amazing. I love bananas!! My obsession lately has been anything banana-chocolate. Yum!

Sues — August 11, 2010 @ 9:24 am

This sounds awesome! And it looks so pretty, too. I love that you put it in a jar! I totally feel you on the lipgloss/candle collection. I’m exactly the same way- it’s out of control!!

Abby — August 11, 2010 @ 9:56 am

YUM. yum, yum yum.

But I have a question: Imelda Marcos’ shoe collection– is it really full of scents good enough to eat???

Just wondering ;)

Maris (In Good Taste) — August 11, 2010 @ 10:01 am

This sounds so refreshing! I love the texture a banana adds to beverages.

Yum Yucky — August 11, 2010 @ 10:22 am

Greedy Baby is a banana feign. She’d probably love this.

Erinsgobragh — August 11, 2010 @ 10:22 am

That looks so awesome! I’ve never had a colada before!

Katie — August 11, 2010 @ 10:46 am

I just started liking bananas in the last year of my life…for some reason, after hating them for 23 years, I just thought “a banana sounds good right now” – and i haven’t looked back. Now I want to eat them all the time!!Thanks for the yummy naner recipe. ;-)

Blond Duck — August 11, 2010 @ 10:55 am

Ben is one of the weird ones who doesn’t like bananas.

Amanda @Run4Ayden — August 11, 2010 @ 11:23 am

That looks delicious! I will have to try this ASAP! What a great summer drink!

Megan (Braise The Roof) — August 11, 2010 @ 11:28 am

That looks awesome- I appreciate the fact that there’s no protein powder in your shake. I love bananas, but protein powder not so much.

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 11, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

Hey girl! Your banana pina colada sounds great!! Glad to hear you are not getting all saucy at breakfast time. Do you want me to enter this in my Stonyfield Yogurt recipe battle? Shoot me an e-mail if you wanna be included. Details are on my current post & again on Friday’s. xo

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — August 11, 2010 @ 12:26 pm

amazing creation…right up my alley. lipgloss and candle collection to rival imelda’s? oh we are bff’s for sure :) Me too!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete — August 11, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

This looks so creamy and good! I still don’t have any furniture, but I thought to send my blender ahead for the move. I will be drinking this on the floor of my house tonight!!!

TheHealthyApron — August 11, 2010 @ 12:55 pm

Bananas are my favorite way to start the day! Saving this recipe!

Eliana — August 11, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

I would totally add a splash of rum in this and enjoy it in the morning. Looks delicious.

Maria — August 11, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

I think this will be a new favorite for me!

jenniegirl — August 11, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Having one of those…it’s hot so I don’t want to eat, but want to eat something GOOD kind of days…this is EXACTLY what I was looking for! And I will add a little bit of coconut extract-MMM. Thank you!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Banana Colada. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com