Growing up, my mom made tacos once a week. In fact, I’m pretty sure she still does.

To say I was a little taco-ed out would be an understatement. I love them, but these days I much prefer cheesy enchiladas.

But this past weekend I had a desperate craving for ground beef tacos. I had planned on making them tonight.

And as fate would have it, Heather posted an easy, homemade taco seasoning recipe.

See, I usually just use store-bought seasoning.

I have no shame in admitting that. I’m much more concerned with combining butter and flour than cumin and chili powder.

But I saw her recipe today and knew I had to give it a try.

I’m so glad I did – it is delicious!

After taking that photo, I added approximately 2 more handfuls of cheese and no veggies.

It’s all about balance friends.

23 Responses to “Blog Inspired: Tacos.”

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — August 18, 2010 @ 4:30 pm

I totally love ground beef tacos every now and again. I found a seasoning packet that I love from Trader Joe’s but this seems so much more economical. And I always add lots of cheese to my tacos! And guacamole. YUM!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — August 18, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

That looks great… I could eat tacos every day, I think. I’ll have to give that recipe a try.

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) — August 18, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

Yum- I can’t wait to try that spice combo! :)

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — August 18, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

HAHA Love it!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — August 18, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

Awesome…thanks for sharing. The husband love Mexican food!

Matt — August 18, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

Yum! I need to make these ;)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — August 18, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

MMMMmmm tacos. Tacos, taco, tacos. One of my very favorite foods ever.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 18, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

I love tacos, but I never remember to make them. My hubby will be happy when I tell him we are having tacos tomorrow!!

Lisa @bakebikeblog — August 18, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

haha I always add lots of cheese!!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 18, 2010 @ 5:32 pm

I love making my own taco seasoning, it’s so much better because you can pump up the spices you like and make them extra hot (if you have a husband like mine!) Whenever I make taco season I usually add it to ground turkey for tacos or my favorite, a taco salad!

Jess — August 18, 2010 @ 6:54 pm

I LOVE tacos. They are SO good with tomatoes.

<3 jess

Wei-Wei — August 18, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

LOL. Add more cheese to balance out the veggies! The opposite of A LOT is NOTHING. Therefore, it’s in perfect balance! :D

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 18, 2010 @ 10:20 pm

so glad you liked it!!!

stephanie — August 19, 2010 @ 4:56 am

Making your own seasoning is definitely so much better! I made some ground beef soft tacos w/ bell peppers, tomatoes & onions chopped finely and mixed in (gotta sneak in those veggies for my boyfriend ;) ) with my own seasoning blend and they were delicious! My mom even tried making them too and loved them – take that taco packet :)

p.s. that pear salad on your other post looks to dieeeeeeeeee forrrrrrrrrrrr

• Jessica — August 19th, 2010 @ 7:07 am

Going to try! Thanks girl. :)

Erica — August 19, 2010 @ 6:00 am

I love Taco’s! I am actually going to start having Taco Tuesday with some girlfriend’s really really soon!

Kacy — August 19, 2010 @ 6:18 am

My mom used to cook tacos once a week too! Until I got violently ill one time and she didn’t believe me and forced me to eat the tacos anyways. It didn’t end well, and no one ate tacos for years afterwards. It’s been about 12 years now and I can finally eat them on occasion. Perhaps I shall try this recipe :)

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen — August 19, 2010 @ 9:39 am

My stepdaughter LOVES tacos, and we decided to have loaded nachos tonight for dinner! My tummy is getting very excited!

Dana — August 19, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

I also typically use store bought taco seasoning, but this sounds great! I wil have to give it a try!

Amanda — August 19, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

Have never done it either, but I think I should! You make it look easy. And delicious!

Annie — September 1, 2011 @ 10:28 am

Hi Jess,
    This is a bit delayed …but I’m leaving for the beach Saturday – and one night I’m in charge of dinner, sooo I thought I’d do tacos. I’m going to do your Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos and wanted to do a ground beef version too …. so I thought I’d try these! I was just wondering – how many tacos do you get from one batch of the spice mix? I’m cooking for 12 and wanted to make sure to have enough!

Thank so much!

• Jessica — September 1st, 2011 @ 2:38 pm

I haven’t used this for a few months but I believe it seasonings about 1-1.5lbs of meat!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Blog Inspired: Tacos. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com